UK UK - Renata Antczak, 49, Hull, East Yorkshire, 25 April 2017

Alyce

Reaction score
Concerns are growing for a married lawyer who disappeared after dropping off her 11-year-old daughter at Brooklands Park School two weeks ago.

Police are stepping up the hunt for Polish national Renata Antczak, 49, who drove back to her home in Hull, East Yorkshire, after doing the school-run in her black Mercedes car.

Later that day, Humberside Police Superintendent Phil Ward said she left her address in the afternoon at 1pm on foot.

Supt Ward said: 'Her husband is very concerned and has reported her missing to us. He has been cooperating with all our enquiries. There's no indication at all of any crime committed, it is quite simply that we are concerned for her safety and need to find out where she is and make sure she is safe

Renata is described as white, 5ft 6ins tall with a slim build and straight shoulder length blond hair.

She was wearing a dark coloured (blue or black) trousers and a purple T-shirt. It is not known if she was wearing a coat.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-Antczak-missing-two-weeks.html#ixzz4goRXEgs6
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Police seem very interested in what happened between 830am and 1pm and also in car movements. Don't like the sound of this. Off to sit on my hands.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

Police seem very interested in what happened between 830am and 1pm and also in car movements. Don't like the sound of this. Off to sit on my hands.

I agree ........much hand sitting here as well

"She was a solicitor in Poland and had been volunteering to help the Polish community here. She was looking to set up her own business.

From the previously posted http://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/poli...or-two-weeks/story-30322231-detail/story.html

I wonder what her area of law was and whether it could have brought her into harm's way. There are quite a number of criminal gangs of Eastern European origin operating in the UK, with involvement in trafficking, prostitution etc, that she might have come into contact with.

The other thing is that while the articles say the police have no reason to believe she left the UK, Hull is one of the cities with a ferry service to the continent, ie to Rotterdam and Zeebrugge. I assume they've checked to see if she could have travelled that way, either as a foot passenger or in another vehicle.

Eastern European trafficking tends to be done by Slovakians not Polish people. I travel a fair bit and every time I"ve gone abroad my passport has been scanned so I'm confident Police are very certain she hasn't left the country.

The answer must lie closer to home.

Looking on google maps, I can't see anywhere that Renata would walk to, from her house, other than a neighbour's home
( and we would presumably have been told if she had been to a neighbour's house ).

There are no shops or parks within easy walking distance. It's quite a trek to the nearest main road and even then, there are no shops on that road.

eta :
Temperature on that day in Kingswood, was 8C ( 46F ) dropping to 1C ( 33F ) overnight.
Cooler than average for that day historically - and not a day for being out in a tee shirt without a coat or jacket I would have thought.

I don't hold much faith in sightings. Wonder who the last person to see her at 1pm was?

Latest update ......

The husband of a lawyer who vanished after dropping off her daughter on the school run has revealed she recently asked for a divorce after 23 years of marriage – and claims she walked out on the family to join a sect.

Renata Antczak was last seen more than two weeks ago, after taking her daughter Victoria, 11, to school before returning to her home. The 49-year-old left the house at 1pm on April 25 and has not been seen since.

Speaking for the first time since she disappeared in an exclusive interview with The Mail on Sunday, her husband Majid Mustafa revealed his wife had asked for a divorce in March and wanted to return to her native Poland, taking Victoria with her.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4503766/Cult-riddle-missing-lawyer.html#ixzz4h3EdVANt

According to dentist Mr Mustafa, 47, the request for a divorce followed months of increasingly bizarre behaviour, in which her interest in alternative medicines had turned into ‘an obsession’.

He believes she had joined a sect in Poland and kept in touch with members by phone. He said: ‘She started to wear different jewellery, especially a gold necklace, which she said took the bad energy from her. She started to contact people we didn’t know, and at home would light candles everywhere.

‘After she’d gone we found some of her writing. It talked about her feeling free, free from relationships, free from everything.

A Humberside Police spokesman said last night: ‘Mr Mustafa has passed his theory on to us and it is something that’s being considered.

‘But at the moment we have no evidence that corroborates that.’

The spokesman confirmed that inquiries were being conducted in Poland regarding an unconfirmed sighting of the missing lawyer.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4503766/Cult-riddle-missing-lawyer.html#ixzz4h3F0jj3J

Police don't seem too convinced by the sect story. Nor am I. If she ran off to join a sect surely she'd have packed a bag, not left in just a t-shirt and she would have left a trace at a border.

Just wondering, if somebody gets a lift to, or drives to Poland, do they actually record who goes through any borders or do they just look at your passport/ID card and let you carry on if it all looks ok?

Just wondering, if somebody gets a lift to, or drives to Poland, do they actually record who goes through any borders or do they just look at your passport/ID card and let you carry on if it all looks ok?
Poland obeys the schengen agreement so there are no passport checks when entering from another EU country. However it's not possible to leave the UK without it being recorded. Exit checks are done at all UK airports, ports and train stations.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Back2theGardenAgain
Back