Found Alive MN - Aaron Banks, 34, Grand Marais, 11 May 2017

LisaWL7TR

Former Member
Reaction score
Deputies say 34-year-old Aaron Banks' wife reported him missing when he went for an early morning walk near Co Rd 14 West around 4 a.m., and did not return for several hours. That location is about seven miles east of Grand Marais.

Authorities say Banks is from the Twin Cities but was in the Grand Marais area visiting a family cabin with his wife.

Banks is described as 5 feet 11 inches tall, 160 pounds, with brown hair, a beard, large earrings and tattoos on his forearms.
He was dressed in all black.

Attempts to reach Banks on his cell phone have been unsuccessful. The Cook County Sheriff's Office, Search and Rescue, and K9 units are conducting an extensive ground search.

http://www.kare11.com/mb/news/man-missing-in-grand-marais/438961463

301af5219764539653d6116211ebff98.jpg

Grand Marais is right on Lake Superior. It is a huge hunting, fishing, cabin type spot for a lot of Minnesotans. Pretty close to the Canadian border.

Is that "normal" for him to take a walk at that time?

Opps just realized they are visiting a cabin. Maybe he wanted to watch the sunrise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If it is a family cabin he should be pretty familiar with the immediate surroundings if they have been going up there for some time. Hopefully, he lost his way and they will find him. Thank goodness it is not winter!

Being he left for his eagle at 4am I'm hoping that means he was dressed for the weather. It's still only in the mid/upper 30s at night. Warming trend coming up but still pretty chilly.... Even for a Minnesotan ;-) - please come home Aaron!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Dressed all in black for a 4 am walk? If he was hit by a car, I would think they would have found him.

I wonder why he walked in the dark and wearing black. Strange

Did he have his cellphone on him at the time he went for a walk? 4am?
I pray for his safe return. Was anything worrying him at the time?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320AZ using Tapatalk

My questions...is awake at 4 a.m. normal behavior and is going out for walks. Was his wife also awake, did he tell her or just leave a note?
Well shoot it does mention what he was wearing so she must have seen him leave or clothes that were missing?

Concerned for him and feeling there is more that led to the walk that morning.

It may have been a family cabin, but that does not mean he knew the area. He must have been frozen. It is cold up there!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back