Found Deceased TN - Mary Ruth Walker, 69, Maryville, 1 May 2017 *ARREST*

JerseyGirl

Forum Coordinator
Staff member
Forum Coordinators
Reaction score
A friend and neighbor of Mary Ruth Walker reported her missing Tuesday, according to the Blount County Sheriff's Office. She told authorities she last saw Walker May 1.

The neighbor told investigators she has a key to Walker’s home, and that the home, pool house and garage were all cleared, with no sign of Walker. The neighbor said Walker usually alerts her when she is leaving town but had not done so in this instance. All of Walker’s vehicles are still at the residence on Butterfly Gap Loop.

The neighbor said when she last saw Walker, she appeared to be asleep on the back porch of her home.

5915089d0584b.image.jpg

http://www.thedailytimes.com/news/s...cle_737c4c36-0555-522f-8f09-771a4150a229.html
http://www.knoxnews.com/story/news/...rching-missing-blount-county-woman/319387001/

Funny that this is just hitting the news now. I am in Middle TN, but have seen nothing about it in the Nashville media. We were in Servierville for 5 days last week and did not hear one word about this woman being missing.

Poor little lady. I wonder what has become of her? It appears, from the obituary of her husband who died in 2012, that she has a son and a daughter; other relatives in the area also.

Possibly the small building between the house and the other building/garage. No pool.

Snipped...
...The neighbor, Cara Rodgers, told BCSO investigators she has a key to Walker’s home, and that the home, pool house and garage were all cleared, with no sign of Walker.

:thinking:

Welcome to websleuths privatesleuther and thanks for sharing.
Thank you! I've been on this site for years but never posted.
But im right down the road from this case. And have ties to the family. So any info I can help with I will.

Glad you decided to post : )
What are your thoughts on Mary Ruth's dissapearance?

My thoughts are just based on my opinion and the rumours. My thoughts are they should look for remains. Not her alive. And everything points to a family member. It's just proving it, and finding her remains.

Just expanding from above link: According to Blount County General Sessions Court, Walker filed an order of protection against her daughter in July of 2012. It was approved in November of the same year and remained active until November 2013.

Local 8 News reached out to that daughter, who said the two had gotten in a fight during a stressful time, and that they both apologized to each other. The daughter also explained she and her mother had no hard feelings.

Investigators said they are considering the domestic history of the family, and the order of protection is being considered in the investigation.

Oh how sad an order of protection against her daughter.
I wonder if someone gave her something to make her sleepy the last day the neighbor saw her on the porch.

Well clarification to that statement that was made. It wasn't her porch she was seen on. It was her daughters back porch. Directly beside her house. Mary and her daughter are neighbors.

Just expanding from above link: According to Blount County General Sessions Court, Walker filed an order of protection against her daughter in July of 2012. It was approved in November of the same year and remained active until November 2013.

Local 8 News reached out to that daughter, who said the two had gotten in a fight during a stressful time, and that they both apologized to each other. The daughter also explained she and her mother had no hard feelings.

Investigators said they are considering the domestic history of the family, and the order of protection is being considered in the investigation.

Mary Ruth's husband died June 29, 2012.

Well clarification to that statement that was made. It wasn't her porch she was seen on. It was her daughters back porch. Directly beside her house. Mary and her daughter are neighbors.
Oh my!
and the info that it was her back porch came from msm. sigh.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laayla
Back