GUILTY OH - Kara Zdanczewski, 13, abducted & murdered, Ashtabula, 9 May 2017 *Arrest*

0101ABA

Former Member
Reaction score
Convicted sex offender questioned by police in connection to missing Ashtabula teen

Pennsylvania State Police say they took a 46-year-old Ashtabula man into custody late Thursday night in connection with the kidnapping and death of a 13-year-old girl.

John Richard Bove was arrested Thursday night after police found the body of 13-year-old Kara Zdanczewski in a field in Saybrook Township, which is just west of Ashtabula.

Kara's parents reported the teen missing Wednesday morning. Her parents said she did not return home Tuesday evening from an outing with Bove. Police said Bove stayed with a friend Wednesday night in Pennsylvania and he told her some disturbing details. She reported that information to police the next day.

(...)

Bove is a registered sex offender who was convicted of rape and sexual motivation on Oct. 25, 1990.

(...)

Bove is facing several charges, including fleeing and eluding and failing to register as a convicted sex offender, but he has not formerly been charged with Kara's death.

http://www.sharonherald.com/multimedia/kidnapping-suspect-held-in-mercer-county-on-million-bond/article_9e1fcf90-3735-11e7-9556-6b3a82a98b99.html

SHARON – John Richard Bove, 46, of Ashtabula, Ohio, is being held in Mercer County Jail on a $1 million bond in connection with the kidnapping of a young girl.....Thursday night, after Ashtabula detectives interviewed Bove in the Sharon police station, they returned back to Ashtabula. A search in a grassy and wooded area resulted in a child's body being discovered. ...Bove was arraigned Friday morning in district judge Dennis M. Songer's court in Sharon on police charges of stealing a vehicle, receiving stolen property, possession of drug paraphernalia, and a warrant from a federal agency on prior kidnapping charges, according to court records

Oh my God. The parents ended up asking their friend, a convicted sex offender, to take their child on an outing? I don't know how they will be able to deal with this from here on out. :rose:

This poor little girl. Evidently the parents were fighting and asked the new "friend" to take her away from it but it seems he had been planning something for awhile. Lots of info in video about situation and affidavits.

http://wkbn.com/2017/05/11/police-close-section-of-shenango-valley-freeway-for-search/

From above link

According to a criminal affidavit filed in Mercer County, a Sharon woman called police to report that Bove had come over and told her that he was out with a friend’s teenage daughter. She said he told her that, “things went south,” and that he shot and killed her.

Bove also told the woman that his truck was stuck in the woods and he had to walk, according to the affidavit. Police then learned that a 1996 Toyota Camry had been reported stolen from a neighbor’s home in Ashtabula.

OMG, that poor child!!!
:rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose:

Oh my God. The parents ended up asking their friend, a convicted sex offender, to take their child on an outing? I don't know how they will be able to deal with this from here on out. :rose:

Did they know he's a convicted sex offender? If so, I hope they are NEVER able to deal with this from hear on out. Their fault as much as his in my book.

Did they know he's a convicted sex offender? If so, I hope they are NEVER able to deal with this from hear on out. Their fault as much as his in my book.

I don't think they knew. I hope not.

Neighbors describe suspect in Ashtabula teen's disappearance as 'violent'

Lt. Joseph Cellitti, Ashtabula Police Dept. spoke with the family of Kara Zdanczewski on Thursday and said he does not think they were aware of Bove’s past.

“I don’t believe they did. You would hope they wouldn’t and let their daughter go with him. I don’t think they did,” Lt. Cellitti said.

Why did she wait to report her? What if it could have had a different ending? [emoji22] I know it's not moms fault but why did she wait?!
Why did this monster kill Kara? I just wish these evil people would stop. So darn senseless.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow what a terribly sad story :(

Fly high in heaven Kara!

attachment.php

Attachments

• 2017-AC-Kara-Zdanczewski0396.jpg
    2017-AC-Kara-Zdanczewski0396.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 321
I'm an OHoian so appreciate the update.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics