GA GA - Samuel 'SJ' Johnson, 67, Atlanta, 4 May 2017

SurfieTX

Reaction score
It is that dreaded thing we all have here, someone missing from your extended family. :( Please help.

13868211_G.jpg

TLANTA -- Family and police are asking for the public's help in finding a missing man whose disappearance is said to be "suspicious."

According to the Atlanta Police Department, Samuel Johnson was last seen on May 4 at his home on Pomona Circle in southwest Atlanta.

At this time, police don't know the details surrounding the 67-year-old's disappearance, but they do suspect foul play.

According to Maj. Adam Lee with the Atlanta Police Department, investigators went by his home after Johnson was first reported missing and found the home in disarray. Police said it appeared the home had been ransacked as if someone were "looking for something."

Investigators also ran Johnson's credit cards but didn't turn up any transactions since his disappearance. Police said no one in his family indicated he was in any trouble and he doesn't live in "an area of town that would cause any concern."

~~

Johnson is described as a 6-foot tall man with brown eyes, salt-and-pepper hair and goes by Sam or "SJ."

Police believe he was last seen in a rented 2017 black Toyota 4 Runner with Louisiana tag N445381.

If anyone has any information on his disappearance, they are asked to call the Atlanta Police Homicide/Adult Missing Persons Unit at 404-546-4235.

Press conference at link: http://www.11alive.com/news/local/f...n-whose-disappearance-is-suspicious/439260083

Police said the home was ransacked. They also say Johnson had rented a black Toyota 4-Runner with Louisiana plates and that is also missing.

Johnson owns Metro Bedding on Metropolitan Parkway and is beloved in the community.

A check of his credit cards shows no transactions have been made.

Read more: http://www.cbs46.com/story/35417988/small-businessman-missing-in-atlanta#ixzz4gy8Qu2W3

This one is right in my backyard. So the facts are...

- Elderly man with no signs of dementia or mental disorders.
-Runs a bedding store
-By all accounts is likable and not into any questionable activities.
-Has had no contact (seemingly) with the outside world since his disappearance.

Have to go old school with this one, because many investigational avenues used nowadays, like social media, aren't used as widely by elderly folks.

I guess tapatalk doesn't want me to have a signature :p

There is nothing but the two articles already posted, nothing.
I'm guessing Samuel is single and living alone? What about a girlfriend?

Where are you Samuel?

Missing flyer
https://www.facebook.com/MissingPiecesNetwork/posts/1677362345903270:0
2861c3a74e3c42ccb8d71ff5fa274119.jpg

No updates! :(

Who was the last person to reportedly see him? Does he have a business partner?

Did SJ not own a car? When did he rent the 4-Runner, where was he last seen in it and by whom? E.g., was he last seen on camera at a bank?

I hope he's found alive soon.

No updates! :(

Who was the last person to reportedly see him? Does he have a business partner?

Did SJ not own a car? When did he rent the 4-Runner, where was he last seen in it and by whom? E.g., was he last seen on camera at a bank?

I hope he's found alive soon.

All these questions and more need answering, Indy Anna.

I have a personal friend who is in LE in Atlanta who knows Samuel due to her security detail and that's how I found out SJ is missing.
Questions, questions and more questions.
As much as we want him home safe, I have a really bad feeling about this case. :(

All these questions and more need answering, Indy Anna.

I have a personal friend who is in LE in Atlanta who knows Samuel due to her security detail and that's how I found out SJ is missing.
Questions, questions and more questions.
As much as we want him home safe, I have a really bad feeling about this case. :(
Agreed, it doesn't sound good. Wish there was more in MSM about him.

There was a complaint filed to the BBB just a month ago. Sounds pretty angry.
04/10/2017Problems with Product / Service
Complaint

"Hey my name is ************ I have a complaint about this company me and my husband paid for two bed and only got only one and bed and been calling for two weeks now they giving us the run around they refuse to us refund so we don't know what to do now please help us
Product_Or_Service: Queen and (Show More of Complaint)

Desired Settlement

Won't give us a refund or the bunk bed or the money paid them the money."

https://www.bbb.org/atlanta/busines...234/reviews-and-complaints?section=complaints

Complaint

"Hey my name is ************ I have a complaint about this company me and my husband paid for two bed and only got only one and bed and been calling for two weeks now they giving us the run around they refuse to us refund so we don't know what to do now please help us

Desired Settlement

https://www.bbb.org/atlanta/busines...234/reviews-and-complaints?section=complaints

Oh my, whoever wrote this complaint could easily get a job as a journalist at the Daily Mail.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Complaint

Desired Settlement

Good find!

I was wondering how far SJ's business, Metro Bedding, is from his home. Here is link to map showing the distance is barely over a mile (a 3 min drive):

https://goo.gl/maps/MqwFHLTFkvA2

I suppose if someone were really angry at him, for any reason, it would be safer to accost him under the cover of darkness and in his private residence rather than at his business during the day. It would be easy enough to find his address on the Internet. But, what was someone looking for in his home when they ransacked it? It must have been something specific, if the intruder didn't take (hasn't used) his credit cards. Would he have kept checks, especially business checks, in his home? I suppose LE would be looking at all of his bank accounts. MOO

I am in touch with his granddaughter. She said he had an operational vehicle in his garage but chose to rent cars (why?). She said the only info she has is from the news reports.

We need to clean out the crickets...

Where are you Samuel?
What I want to see is Samuels granddaughter putting her arms around her papa and giving him the biggest hug and kiss ever welcoming him home. Hope, sometimes it's all we got. :heartbeat:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laayla
Back