IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, found deceased, Evansdale, 13 Jul 2012 #38

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greater Than

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
In Memory of Elizabeth Collins and Lyric Cook

20270787_BG1.jpg

"Our hearts and prayers go out to the families and friends of those precious little girls. The Black Hawk County Sheriff's Office pledges vigilance in our pursuit of those responsible and will extend every resource to concluding this case so that justice may prevail."
-Black Hawk County Sheriff Tony Thompson

Posted by the Black Hawk County Sheriff's Office - December 10, 2012
http://www.bhcso.org/
http://wcfcourier.com/news/local/ev...cle_18411a90-cd32-11e1-a656-0019bb2963f4.html
http://www.kwwl.com/story/19023342/evansdale-police-searching-for-two-missing-girls

Remembering Elizabeth and Lyric 4 years later

December 5, 2016

Four years later and still looking for answers.

On this day, four years ago, the bodies of murdered Evansdale cousins Lyric Cook and Elizabeth Collins were found at the Seven Bridges Wildlife Park in Bremer County. The discoveries came five months after the girls were first reported missing near Meyers Lake in Evansdale.

Despite countless leads, no arrests have been made yet in the girls' murders.

[...]

There is a substantial reward money being offered for anyone with information that leads to an arrest. Please share what you know with the Evansdale Police Department or Cedar Valley Crime Stoppers.

Media Maps & Timeline Thread

Scanner Thread

Case Map by poster hollye

Amandareckonwith's case archive

Previous Thread - Thread #37

What a great, interesting piece of information! In addition to LaPorte, Wiechman Pig also has a location in Delhi, IA which is 1 hour (60 miles) from Seven Bridges County Park. City name of DELHI (IA) eerily similar to DELPHI (IN), may or may not mean anything. See Wiechman locations on their website:*** http://wiechmanpig.com/stations.html* MOO of course but too many similarities for me in these two cases. Bridges, water, remote areas, reversed dates, two young girls, etc. <modsnip>

Thanks for the new thread.
I hate that we are needing it though.

I found it Cornbelt Auctions 3520 Lafayette Rd (closed now)...notice this article states the girls were seen riding their bikes behind the auction house on Brovan Blvd (less than a block from their grandma's house and riding away from Meyers Lake). Another bicyclist couldn't believe they had biked a mile and a half back to Meyers Lake in 8 minutes.

Therefore maybe only their bikes were left at Meyers Lake....maybe they were almost home when abducted (does sound kind of hard to throw bikes and girls in a vehicle I know but they were seen almost home).

12:11 Possible cctv timestamp of footage of girls from Auction house (2nd tape release)

12:15 GMA sees girls biking

12:15 Possible cctv timestamp of footage of girls from Auction house (1st tape release)

12:19 Possible timestamp change due to Pahl's US cellular clock being correct and camera clock being 8 minutes slow.

12:20 Possible witness sighting of girls' bikes at trail by witness (TG)

12:27 Witness makes cell phone call to daughter (TG)

12:30-1:30 GMA starts looking for girls with brother of E

Nancy Grace Transcript
http://edition.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1207/17/ng.01.html

(link may not work at this time but this info is from Media/Timeline Post #4)

http://wcfcourier.com/news/evansdal...cle_c7394e3c-d6a6-11e1-a4f3-0019bb2963f4.html

http://www.upi.com/Video-of-missing-Iowa-girls-discovered/94321343242358/

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Cor...7573a63f70!2m2!1d-92.2895119!2d42.4613289!3e1

May be old information for some but I actually see it in a different light tonite.

Just an idea...my own opinion of course

Been thinking...the "boxy" SUV 3 witnesses saw....wonder if it could have been what's called a "hotshot truck" which is a commercial truck/van with a sleeper like this ...Hotshot truck.jpg

This would be quite a different vehicle than what they may have "typically" believed.

The video footage is the main reason I have always thought that the bikes were staged.

If the kidnapper had a pickup or van, throwing the bikes and girls in would not take very long. Only a few seconds.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

SBM, BBM

i found it cornbelt auctions 3520 lafayette rd (closed now)...notice this article states the girls were seen riding their bikes behind the auction house on brovan blvd (less than a block from their grandma's house and riding away from meyers lake). Another bicyclist couldn't believe they had biked a mile and a half back to meyers lake in 8 minutes.

Wylma lived in Waterloo. It was the Collins who lived in the house on Brovan Blvd in Evansdale. Wylma (the grandmother) and Lyric were at the Collins' house that day.

:sigh: I hate that we are now on Thread 38 and there is no named suspect and no justice in sight. It's very sad and frustrating.

SBM, BBM

Wylma lived in Waterloo. It was the Collins who lived in the house on Brovan Blvd in Evansdale. Wylma (the grandmother) and Lyric were at the Collins' house that day.

:sigh: I hate that we are now on Thread 38 and there is no named suspect and no justice in sight. It's very sad and frustrating.

I know it is very sad and frustrating indeed I don't want this outcome in Abbey and Liberty's case either.

Thank you for this new thread.

Sending prayers of strength, love and comfort to the families and friends of Elizabeth and Lyric.

Hoping and praying that law enforcement finds answers and there is justice for these two beautiful young girls. Not only justice but to remove whoever did these monstrous acts from society, to keep others safe.

SBM, BBM

So, they really were in the vicinity of their home? Brovan Blvd is where they lived? That is even more chilling...thank you Considering!!

So, they really were in the vicinity of their home? Brovan Blvd is where they lived? That is even more chilling...thank you Considering!!

Lizzy lived at the house on Brovan Blvd. A few years earlier, Lyric had lived with the Collinses, but at the time of the girls' disappearance, Lyric was living with her grandmother, Wylma, on W 8th St. in Waterloo.

Thinking of the cctv of L and L riding bikes and how that tape was scrutinized, looking for some hint of the perp, thinking if only he was photographed, he would be caught for sure!
But in the Delphi case, the poi is actually captured on film, with audio ( presumably ) of his voice no less, tantalizing, but not quite the smoking gun one might expect!

The bodies were found by hunters, did the perp expect hunters to eventually find the bodies?
As opposed to being a hunter himself assumed due to his apparent familiarity with the woods, could leaving the deceased bodies of innocent children, possibly be that the perp was making a bold statement about hunting?

complete speculation, imo.

http://www.radioiowa.com/2017/03/09...-indiana-case-and-death-of-evansdale-cousins/
March 9, 2017
After hearing that the cases are not likely connected, Drew Collins, Elizabeth Collins’ father, spoke with KCRG-TV. “If this person isn’t involved in our case, then that’s that…but, it actually makes it even scarier that there are two people out there capable of doing this who are on the loose,” Collins said. Indiana Police say two girls, ages 13 and 14, went missing on February 13. Their bodies were found the next day, in a wooded area outside of their hometown. Collins told KCRG he finds no comfort in the ties between the two double murders.

“We’ve been up and down on this for almost five years, so I really don’t get super excited,” Collins said. “I mean, obviously, I hope that our case gets solved and I really hope their case gets solved too. But, it takes a while for these things to happen.” Police in Indiana found a picture and audio of a man on one of the victim’s cellphones

Feeling like banging my head against a wall because of the large number of cold cases I seem to be following right now, and I've watched them all go from recent, heinous crimes with seemingly many leads and lots of evidence to just nada.

I half lose my mind over these cases. I'm not sure how family and friends keep going.

Thinking of them all tonight.

Feeling like banging my head against a wall because of the large number of cold cases I seem to be following right now, and I've watched them all go from recent, heinous crimes with seemingly many leads and lots of evidence to just nada.

I half lose my mind over these cases. I'm not sure how family and friends keep going.

rbbm.
Exactly, seemingly so many clues, leads and possibilities, then nothing- like a rising cake going flat.
This is why i am wondering if there is something that can and is seen, but is misinterpreted.

Wondering if the perp profile remains the same, or if it gets re-visited and tweaked as time goes by?
Maybe some of these perps defy the psychological makeup usually expected in these cases?
imo, speculation

I feel you on so many levels. The waiting for answers and justice is the worst. I can't even imagine what it must be like for the families of the victims.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member