All About Images & Image Hosting

OkieGranny

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
Dealing with images can be daunting, so let's talk about adding pics to a thread on WebSleuths. Not only how to add them, but also choosing an image host, how to edit & resize images, and any other tips or advice our more tech-savvy members might have to offer.

This is an area where I have more questions than answers, so you're invited to share your skills, ask questions, or simply read along to learn.

Here's a question to kick things off:

I've used PhotoBucket for years - maddeningly slow and temperamental but also the only image host where I've never hit a storage limit. Is there a better free host that offers as much storage?

Thanks for starting this thread OG!

I use an iPad and know how to post an image but when I do so it only appears as a thumbnail. How can I enlarge the image before posting?

Thanks to anyone who can help.

Thanks for starting this thread OG!

I use an iPad and know how to post an image but when I do so it only appears as a thumbnail. How can I enlarge the image before posting?

Thanks to anyone who can help.

Are you uploading the image as an attachment or are you adding a URL generated by an image host?

I am sooo technologically challenged, I have to admit that I really don't know the answer! All I know is that when I compose a post, I then touch the third image from the right in the bar located above and add it that way. As far as doing a URL, no idea....so I guess that means that I have been adding them
as attachments. See, told you so...I am clueless lol!

I am sooo technologically challenged, I have to admit that I really don't know the answer! All I know is that when I compose a post, I then touch the third image from the right in the bar located above and add it that way. As far as doing a URL, no idea....so I guess that means that I have been adding them
as attachments. See, told you so...I am clueless lol!

Me too! I've never used attachments or an iPad and don't have the slightest idea how either works, so we'll have to hope someone else has an answer.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth
Back