Police Officer Accidentally Overdoses Just by Touching White Powder

Tricia

Manager Websleuths.com
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
He's a Police Officer - he's paid to think. How did the powder get on his shirt? Carelessness. Why did he wipe it off without gloves? Carelessness. This officer needs to be fired.

From above link - Police said Officer Green followed protocol for handling drugs and wore gloves and a mask as he searched the suspects’ vehicle.

OMG, what a terrible tragedy! At first I thought he died. I'm so glad he survived!!! This is still so sad and so terrifying.

I can understand why he didn't think to put gloves on when he wiped the powder from his shirt. I think it's almost a reflex to see something on you and swipe it away. No one thinks it's going to kill them. :(

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

That is some scary DEADLY stuff. Why would anyone "deal" it?
No return customers will put you out of business fast! They know how to handle it or it would never make it to the streets.

MOO

I couldn't get the article to open for me - was it cocaine? or ???

TIA! :wave:

I disagree that the officer was careless when he got powder on his shirt. The article says there was powder on the seats and floor. How do we expect him to reach in the car at all without a chance of getting contaminated? Have you ever tried to reach something in a high cabinet in the kitchen when there is flour on the counter? 9 times out of 10 you will probably get flour on your shirt. Same as the officer leaning into a car with stuff all over the seat. Also, when they got back to the station, the officer that overdosed may not have known that they just got back from a drug search. He may have just been coming on to his shift when it happened. Could have easily been body powder or something but unlucky for him, it wasn't. We can't expect officers to never make mistakes just like my boss doesn't expect me to never make mistakes. I don't think the officer needs to be fired at all. This is all MOO of course.

Niner, I don't see that the article said what drug it was ... maybe a combo? And did y'all notice (at least on the news page I pulled up) almost all the articles highlighted in this Cleveland newspaper dealt with heroin overdoses?!?!

And not just affected, but overdosing! Scary stuff, indeed. Glad the officer got timely help.

He's a Police Officer - he's paid to think. How did the powder get on his shirt? Carelessness. Why did he wipe it off without gloves? Carelessness. This officer needs to be fired.

Wow! Really? The captain called it a freak accident.

"Officer Green does a great job and it was just a freak accident that he would accidentally bump up against something while he was searching this vehicle and for him to drop out like that is shocking," Captain Wright said.

http://wset.com/news/nation-world/officer-accidentally-overdoses-after-fentanyl-exposure-05-15-2017

DEA issues guidelines for first responders who might encounter fentanyl:

More at link: http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/am...-first-responders-dealing-deadly-drug-n768901

[FONT=&quot]Green, a five year veteran, was hurt in May. He is back on the job, a dispatcher there said.

“We need everybody in the United States to understand how dangerous this is,” Rosenberg said. “Exposure to an amount equivalent to a few grains of sand can kill you.”

[/FONT]

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bosie
Back