UK - Moors murderer Ian Brady dead at 79

If he and Myra Hindley had been caught a year earlier, they both would have probably been hanged in 1965.

From the link above: "A Mersey Care NHS Foundation Trust spokesman said: 'We can confirm a 79-year-old patient in long term care at Ashworth High Secure Hospital has died after becoming physically unwell.'

Physically unwell? Understated a bit!

It's monsters like him and her that make me hope hell exists. They caused a lifetime of misery and suffering to the victims families and continue to do so.

It's monsters like him and her that make me hope hell exists. They caused a lifetime of misery and suffering to the victims families and continue to do so.

I am not particularly religious, but my main thought is "May he (& Myra) ROT & WRITHE in Eternal Hell"

they were such monsters.
tramp the dirt down.

Brady took with him the location of Keith Bennett's body.

These murders shocked the world. 5 kids these two monsters killed.

If I remember correctly they recorded some of their victims.

My mum was born and raised in London. We visited her family a few years after this happened. Even though it was 3 years after the murders took place everyone was talking about the Moors murders. My mom refused to tell me anything about this case. I was too young she said. She was right. Years later when I found out the horrific details I wished I'd never heard of this case.

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-manchester-39933184

Hoping that another search will finally locate Keith Bennett's remains.
Not just for Keith and his family's sake, but to triumph over the horrible man who would not give a single thing to human decency.

http://www.ctvnews.ca/world/child-k...revealing-location-of-victim-s-body-1.3415817
Hindley and Brady were taken back to Saddleworth Moor in the 1980s to help find the bodies of Reade and Bennett. Reade's was uncovered but Bennett's grave has never been found.

For years Brady ignored calls by the boy's family to reveal the location of his remains.

British newspapers greeted news of his death with grim satisfaction. "Monster Brady is dead," said the front page of The Sun. "Burn in hell Brady," said the Daily Mirror.
attachment.php

In this file photo from July 14, 1988, Winnie Johnson is seen with her 23-year old son Joey, digging to try and find her son Keith Bennett on Saddleworth Moor near Manchester, England. Winnie Johnson died aged 78 in 2012 without ever finding out where her son was buried. (AP Photo / PA, File)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 169
Sky news is tweeting that Ian Brady's last wish was to have his ashes scattered on Saddleworth Moor.

The coroner is refusing permission for this to happen and will not be releasing Brady's body until he gets assurances that this will not happen.

Sky news is tweeting that Ian Brady's last wish was to have his ashes scattered on Saddleworth Moor.

The coroner is refusing permission for this to happen and will not be releasing Brady's body until he gets assurances that this will not happen.

It's just sick and disgusting thank goodness we have a coroner with a sense of decency here. They should just dump his ashes in the sea without saying a word and even that is too good for him. I certainly wouldn't want his ashes scattered in a cemetery near my loved ones.

New article

"Twisted Ian Brady taunted police from his prison cell by claiming he would have revealed the resting place of a murdered boy if he had been given more time.

The Moors Murderer and his lover Myra Hindley killed at least five youngsters in the 1960s but the body of one, Keith Bennett, has never been found.
Keith's heartbroken mother, Winnie Johnson, died in 2012 after fighting tirelessly for decades to find her son and provide a Christian burial."

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...laim-police-OWED-one-visit.html#ixzz4hGWuys2H

It's actually possible that Brady wouldn't have been able to direct searchers to Keith's grave because of the fact that the moorlands are peat, and when peat gets waterlogged it can flow over time and the grave might well therefore have been moved some distance from where it was originally dug.

Hindley did go out with police and searchers to try to pinpoint the grave but was unable to do so, partly because the moors are pretty featureless, partly because it had been decades since she and Brady had been there and partly because the landscape itself had likely changed. Hindley was very keen to co-operate in the search because she believed that if she could direct the police to Keith's body it would help her campaign to be released from prison.

It's difficult to remember now how vociferously the late Lord Longford campaigned for decades for Hindley's parole, believing her to have been rehabilitated. He died in 2001, a year before Hindley herself, which probably ended any hopes she had of being paroled.

It's actually possible that Brady wouldn't have been able to direct searchers to Keith's grave because of the fact that the moorlands are peat, and when peat gets waterlogged it can flow over time and the grave might well therefore have been moved some distance from where it was originally dug.

Hindley did go out with police and searchers to try to pinpoint the grave but was unable to do so, partly because the moors are pretty featureless, partly because it had been decades since she and Brady had been there and partly because the landscape itself had likely changed. Hindley was very keen to co-operate in the search because she believed that if she could direct the police to Keith's body it would help her campaign to be released from prison.

It's difficult to remember now how vociferously the late Lord Longford campaigned for decades for Hindley's parole, believing her to have been rehabilitated. He died in 2001, a year before Hindley herself, which probably ended any hopes she had of being paroled.

Lord Langford's 'Prison Diary' is a not uninteresting read.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthseeker158
Back