Found Safe CA - Diego Maldonado, 12, Richmond, 15 May 2017

Gardener1850

Timeline Guru (Still Remembering Cupcake)
Reaction score
missing1.jpg

Diego Maldonado was last seen Monday at around 6 a.m. at his home in the 100 block of 16th Street.

Maldonado never showed up at school, police said.
Police say Diego left his cellphone at home and left a message apologizing for being a burden to his family due to low grades.

http://kron4.com/2017/05/15/12-year-old-boy-missing-from-richmond-never-went-to-school/

omg the comment about grades breaks my heart in two... hope this boy is found safe.

omg the comment about grades breaks my heart in two... hope this boy is found safe.

It sounds suspicious to me...I wonder if he really wrote that note...

I hope he is safe and comes home soon. :(

Poor little guy! He's so freaking adorable.

Still sounds suspicious to me. Sounds like something another person might force him to say. Just my opinion. The description of what he was last seen wearing describes him fully dressed and wearing a jacket. At 6AM when the last person to see him left for work.

Ugh. I don't like this. That poor kid. He must have been walking around with a huge amount of guilt.

Still sounds suspicious to me. Sounds like something another person might force him to say. Just my opinion. The description of what he was last seen wearing describes him fully dressed and wearing a jacket. At 6AM when the last person to see him left for work.

Oh no! I hadn't even considered someone could make him say it! :gaah: My first thought (when I thought he left a note) was of the Grace Packer case. Grace's foster mother allegedly faked a note about Grace being "sorry for being a burden" to make it look like Grace ran away from home (Grace was murdered-- she didn't run away). I hope that is NOT the case for this sweet boy.

He's such a cutie! Why would he feel so bad that he'd run away? I hope he just went to a friend's house and calls his family tonight. He better not be in trouble either. There's clearly a lot of stress in that home for this 12 year old to take this kind of action, and his family needs to reevaluate the way they handle things. He's at a very rough age. :(

(Lurker coming out of lurkdom, hi everyone!)

I really hope this kid will be lifted up by his family after the message he left, because I remember how awful it can be to be a teenager and have such a low opinion of yourself. Not just in general, but specifically like you're just a 'load' to your parents because of personal and school problems that you can't take on yourself. You're only 12 Diego, you don't have to have everything figured out. It's okay to struggle. Give yourself a break and be well, young man.

I actually had to close my eyes for a few seconds after reading that. Some kids are just very hard on themselves. Very sensitive to being an inconvenience to anyone. My little is like that. And he's 8. He was so stressed at 4 about doing things wrong in school that I decided to homeschool for a bit. This child needs encouragement and support. He's the kind that will punish himself more than anyone else ever could. Sweet, sensitive child. Don't be so hard on yourself. You are an amazing little you!

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amberdw2021
Back