GUILTY GA - Kentae Williams, 10, murdered, Decatur, 28 April 2017 *Arrest*

popsicle

faith hope love
Reaction score
A neighbor shot a video of Williams angrily walking Kentai to the apartment moments before he was found unconscious, burned and beaten.

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/local/dek...ing-10-year-old-boy-he-just-adopted/518678105

He worked for the Dept of Juvenile Justice as an Op mngr prior to his state admin services job.

Multiple DFCS employees fired after adopted 10-year-old boy drowns in bathtub

two DFCS supervisors and a case manager were fired, one supervisor was demoted and another case manager will be given more training in the wake of the child's death.

DeKalb County father accused of drowning his 10-year-old son in bathtub

[FONT=&amp]Harm that police said included beating his son with a belt, pouring hot water on his feet leaving burns and bruises and then repeatedly holding Kentae under the water for 30-45 seconds at a time.

[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]"He said in front of all of us, 'I'm gonna kill him, he's gonna die tonight, I'm gonna kill him," Alicia Lemons said. "We didn't think he would actually go through with it."[/FONT]

10 year old Kentae Williams
P%20ADOPTIVE%20SON%20DROWNING%205P%20_00.00.11.04_1493765728453_3256936_ver1.0_640_360.png

He adopted him 4 months prior and never any follow up done WTH These child cases make me sick. Our children are not disposable and should not ever have to suffer!

It just never ends. I'm so sorry baby, you thought you found your forever home and it turned out to be hell.

Wtf is wrong w humanity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[FONT=&amp]

[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]"He said in front of all of us, 'I'm gonna kill him, he's gonna die tonight, I'm gonna kill him," Alicia Lemons said. "We didn't think he would actually go through with it."[/FONT]

Ok this whole case is insane.

Really? You hear someone saying this about the kid they adopted and you don't take it seriously? NO PARENT says this about their kid without needing a lot of help, immediately. Any parent that says this and isn't just plain evil (I'm thinking this is the case here) is giving a huge cry for help! And you'd think that you'd be able to get that help, given the circumstances of where he worked.

A neighbor shot a video of Williams angrily walking Kentai to the apartment moments before he was found unconscious, burned and beaten.

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/local/dek...ing-10-year-old-boy-he-just-adopted/518678105

He worked for the Dept of Juvenile Justice as an Op mngr prior to his state admin services job.

Multiple DFCS employees fired after adopted 10-year-old boy drowns in bathtub

two DFCS supervisors and a case manager were fired, one supervisor was demoted and another case manager will be given more training in the wake of the child's death.

DeKalb County father accused of drowning his 10-year-old son in bathtub

[FONT=&amp]Harm that police said included beating his son with a belt, pouring hot water on his feet leaving burns and bruises and then repeatedly holding Kentae under the water for 30-45 seconds at a time.

[/FONT]

10 year old Kentae Williams
P%20ADOPTIVE%20SON%20DROWNING%205P%20_00.00.11.04_1493765728453_3256936_ver1.0_640_360.png

He adopted him 4 months prior and never any follow up done WTH These child cases make me sick. Our children are not disposable and should not ever have to suffer!
I don't understand why the Grandmother had nothing to say, she should get charges as well 😠

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

The poor child doesn't even look happy in the photograph. He is forcing the smile probably out of fear.

Really? You hear someone saying this about the kid they adopted and you don't take it seriously? NO PARENT says this about their kid without needing a lot of help, immediately. Any parent that says this and isn't just plain evil (I'm thinking this is the case here) is giving a huge cry for help! And you'd think that you'd be able to get that help, given the circumstances of where he worked.

They'd been called out twice before for the abuse.

This man is plain evil.

Really?! You HEAR the man tell you that he is going to KILL his son and he was going to die tonight and you don't do anything about it? If this man was brazen enough to compel a bystander to whip out his phone and record right before the crime, there seems to be plenty of missed red flags that were just begging to be followed up with.

Poor sweet boy...I hope you're in a better place where you are finally being loved.

OMG. I'm on the first post and I'm not sure I can keep reading. Kentae, sweet little boy. 😢💙

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

You'd be surprised how often this happens. I worked at an emergency shelter for a couple of years. When LE or DHS removed a child from the home, they were brought directly to us (unless they needed a rape kit or the emergency room first). There were many kiks who came to us from foster care or adopted parents. The worst was, a one year old. She was discharged from the PICU, to peds and to us from the hospital. She had a huge bald spot on her head. When I walked in and saw her, I read her file. Among other things, the foster parent picked her up BY HER HAIR and swung her around until her hair was pulled out and she was thrown. It makes me nauseous just thinking about it. I HATE hearing of kids who were removed from abusive parents only to suffer more!!

You'd be surprised how often this happens. I worked at an emergency shelter for a couple of years. When LE or DHS removed a child from the home, they were brought directly to us (unless they needed a rape kit or the emergency room first). There were many kiks who came to us from foster care or adopted parents. The worst was, a one year old. She was discharged from the PICU, to peds and to us from the hospital. She had a huge bald spot on her head. When I walked in and saw her, I read her file. Among other things, the foster parent picked her up BY HER HAIR and swung her around until her hair was pulled out and she was thrown. It makes me nauseous just thinking about it. I HATE hearing of kids who were removed from abusive parents only to suffer more!!

Oh...that is heartbreaking. I just will never understand how people can treat a child like that. I just can't.

However, God Bless you for helping. I imagine that some things you have witnessed will stay with you for life, but at least you have made a difference and provided glimmers of hope for some who had none.

Oh...that is heartbreaking. I just will never understand how people can treat a child like that. I just can't.

However, God Bless you for helping. I imagine that some things you have witnessed will stay with you for life, but at least you have made a difference and provided glimmers of hope for some who had none.

Thank you. I couldn't handle it anymore after 2 years. I left about 8 years ago, and yes, I'm still haunted by many of those sweet kids. I wonder where they are today.

I have utmost respect for first responders, medical professionals, law enforcement, etc. They continue to witness this stuff for years and years. I don't know how they do it. But we need them. It takes a special person to do that kind of work. Especially when it's done with compassion and love, but you can take care of yourself by detaching at home. It's an almost impossible balance. Most of my co-workers drank a LOT outside of work. I ended up relapsing with anorexia. It just gets to you one way or another.

Anyway, my heart is with those who truly loved this little guy.

Absolutely sickening. How can people not intervene when they see something is so wrong. Rip little man, so sorry you didn't get the life you deserved x

Do these people adopt because they want to have power over someone? I don't understand.

Do these people adopt because they want to have power over someone? I don't understand.
In my decades of work with vulnerable populations, I've found there are people who will indeed work in these fields to exert control... I think sometimes it's an unconscious thing where they have a need for control which they don't feel they have, while other times it's more of a sick conscious effort to find more victims (pedophile priests, teachers, coaches, etc). Also, I recently found out one can make a profit with their adoptive children sometimes... Certain states give a monthly subsidy for adopting a child, in my experience one with disabilities and IME they adopt several at once. Then they place them in a care facility (group home) which, if it costs less than the monthly subsidy... Well then there's some left over and you don't even have to deal with the child.

Disclaimer: this isn't an evil intention with every family who ends up in that kind of situation, but it happens. I wish it didn't and I wish I haven't seen it for myself.

Oh da&% it. should suffer like this little boy did. So not fair. :(

This poor baby thought he had a home and a family, something he probably never had before.

We adopted our youngest son from foster care.
Children in the custody of the state have a special place in my heart.

I have said I was gonna kill my kids before but never did.and I never would. They are 27 and 24 and still alive. :)

I have said I was gonna kill my kids before but never did.and I never would. They are 27 and 24 and still alive. :)

Nah. There is a joking comment like 'omg I'm gonna murder him when he gets home' that is clearly uttered in jest, and there is a threat. His was the latter.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Petoskey
Back