Found Deceased MA - Sriram 'Ram' Jayakumar, 26, Lexington, 12 May 2017

Dionysia

Former Member
Reaction score
https://patch.com/massachusetts/lexington/missing-lexington-man-sought-police

LEXINGTON, MA – Police in Lexington continue to search for a 26-year-old man who has been missing since Friday night. Sriram "Ram" Jayakumar left his home and told his parents he'd be back soon. He did not return.

Jayakumar is described as a 5-foot-6 Indian male, wears glasses and is 120 pounds with a slim build.

No clothing description was provided.

He left his home around 7:15 p.m. Friday night and told his parents he'd return in an hour, NECN reported.

He later parked his car at the Vendata Society on Deerfield Street in Boston and has not been seen since, his cousin wrote on Facebook.

The car was found Saturday morning on Bay State Road near Silber Way in Boston.

Anyone with information is asked to call Lexington police at 781-862-1212.

So what's the theory? He drove the car from Deerfield Street to Bay State Road?

I believe he was headed to the Vedanta Society which is on the corner of Bay State and Deerfield--and the car was located on Bay State. I don't know why he would say he would return in one hour, though. From Lexington to BU and back would be at least one hour. Was he going to pick up something there and come right back home--?

I find it sad that this case is getting a fraction of the attention that we're seeing for MD from Franklin, MA. This young man is from a very affluent community and went to Brown University yet I can hear a pin drop. Is this case being written off as a certain suicide or is there another difference at hand?

I find it sad that this case is getting a fraction of the attention that we're seeing for MD from Franklin, MA. This young man is from a very affluent community and went to Brown University yet I can hear a pin drop. Is this case being written off as a certain suicide or is there another difference at hand?

I am so sad about this! I just read about it yesterday. Nothing much at all from local news and it's been a week! I am just confused why there has not been much coverage.

I am so sad about this! I just read about it yesterday. Nothing much at all from local news and it's been a week! I am just confused why there has not been much coverage.
Yes it's awful. A white man named Doherty disappears and there are 50 LE agents looking and thousands of concerned residents and rightfully so. A brown man named Jayakumar disappears and people yawn.

Yes it's awful. A white man named Doherty disappears and there are 50 LE agents looking and thousands of concerned residents and rightfully so. A brown man named Jayakumar disappears and people yawn.

It probably didn't help matters when the original headline
was "Missing Lexington Man Sought by Police"

sounded more like a search for a criminal :(

There may be a resolution soon. A body was found in the Charles River this afternoon at 3:45 pm; the location was very close to where he parked his car. There was a wallet with the body so there should be an identification soon.

http://www.fox25boston.com/news/body-discovered-along-charles-river-esplanade-in-boston/524496193

The link below indicates that the Charles River body was "mostly skeleton" so hopefully he is not Ram.
http://whdh.com/news/body-pulled-from-bostons-charles-river-police-say/

Runaway sounds a lot better than the alternative. I wonder if the Ramakrishna Vedanta Society is making an effort to find him?

http://www.masslive.com/news/index.ssf/2017/05/indian-american_brown_grad_cou.html

Poorna Jagannathan, the HBO actress, is apparently a cousin to Jayakumar.

"Need your help urgently. Please share this in your communities. Please be on the look out and let the Lexington police know if you have any leads," Jagannathan wrote on Facebook.

I don't see this post on her facebook? It's possible she wrote it on another facebook page....or did she delete it.

another young man missing and found in the water in Boston or MA ...

Prayers for his family. Any signs of foul play?

Having issues editing my post....probably shouldn't have posted the facebook page, having trouble deleting it! Sorry mods...
It has not been in the local news at all! I'm wondering if maybe it was a suicide?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back