FL FL - Elizabeth Bodor, 23, Orlando, 22 March 1988

Romulus

Ivan
Reaction score
The Doe Network
No_Image_Available_female.jpg

If you have found a photo of this person please contact appropriate member of the Area Team

Elizabeth R. Bodor

Case Classification: Missing
Missing Since: March 22, 1988
Location Last Seen: Orlando, Orange County, Florida

Physical Description

** Listed information is from the time of disappearance.

Date of Birth: August 1, 1964
Age at Time of Disappearance: 23 yrs
Race: White
Height at Time of Disappearance: 5'4" to 5'5"
Weight at Time of Disappearance: 125 lbs
Hair Color: Blond/Strawberry
Eye Color: Hazel
Alias(s) / Nickname(s): None
Distinguishing Marks/Features: Scar on chin; scar on arm
Dentals: Not Available
Fingerprints: Not Available
DNA: Not AvailableClothing & Personal Items

Clothing: Unknown
Jewelry: Unknown
Additional Personal Items: Unknown
Circumstances of Disappearance

30RG662 Poss Foul Play Vehicle Info 1984 Toyota Tan Pick up Truck
Investigating Agency(s)

If you have any information about this case please contact;
Agency Name: Orange County Sheriff's Office
Agency Contact Person: Investigative Analyst Kari Rodercik
Agency Phone Number: 407-254-7012
Agency Case Number: 88058500
NCIC Case Number: N/A
NamUs Case Number: MP #3128
Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.
Information Source(s)

NamUs
Bodor
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/3221dffl.html

The available information on this case is frustrating.

Kari Roderick, listed as the contact person on the case, retired from the OSCD in 2011.

According to the Doe Network and Namus, she's been missing since 3/22/88--but Namus also states that her disappearance was not reported until 3/30/89; in the meantime, the FDLE states the "date of last contact as 2/28/88.

The FDLE also provides information on her name unavailable elsewhere--her aliases include "Elizabeth Ragalie Bodor", "Elizabeth Bodor Patrick", "Lisa Patrick Bodor" and "Lisa Patrick".

If she is still alive, she is 53 years old. There apparently are records associating a 53-year-old Elizabeth Bodor with 2809 Hanbleton, Orlando, FL 32810, which is in the northern part of Orlando. This address is also associated with a Katalin Basthy Patrick, now deceased, who would have been 69 years old in 1988, aand who appears to have died at age 82 in Evergreen Colorado. In the meantime, Hardee County Florida issued a warrant for an Elizabeth Bodor with the same birthdate as the missing woman for failure to appear, no date listed. (That the FDLE lists multiple aliases for her also indicates a criminal history.)

Still plugging away at this at odd moments...Katalin Basthy Patrick was also apparently known as Katalin Fesus Patrick. The key bit of info (besides the death notice above) is information about a 1977 lawsuit filed by Ms. Patrick, which mentioned that (a) she lived in Orlando; (b) that her husband died in 1973, and (c) that she had a nine-year-old daughter. (The lawsuit itself is kind of amazing, but suffice to say it arose from a disputed transaction from about 1974, the year Elizabeth would have turned ten.)

This, in turn, correlates with the 7/26/73 death notice for Kenneth W. Patrick, "senior vice-president of the Perkin-Elmer corporation, Norwalk (Connecticut)". He was the "husband of Katalin Fesus Patrick". Patrick had four children of his own (I need to check whether Katalin was the mother) and four step-children: "Charles and Paul Podor", "Mrs. Channing Moser" and "Miss Elizabeth Patrick". https://www.nytimes.com/1973/07/29/archives/obituary-7-no-title.html

If nothing else, this appears to be the most concrete background for Elizabeth Bodor--or at least her family--that I've been able to come up with.

I either must have accidently deleted a post I wrote earlier, or maybe it violated the terms of use, I don't know--I had provided a link to a public instagram post

Just guesswork here, but the pieces are perhaps starting to fit together: "Charles Bodor" seems to be Otto Charles Bodor, who is 82, from Weston Connecticut, lives in St. Augustine, and studied Mechanical Engeneering at Stuttgart University, Germany, and is of Hungarian descent.

I haven't yet found anything solid about Paul Bodor, other than Otto has no siblings as facebook friends.

This includes Elizabeth and "Mrs. Channing Moser", who I am certain shares her mother's name--Katalin Bodor Moser. She was born in 1942. Her son (Charles Moser) wrote about her in the aforementioned Instagram post in the past tense, which seems to indicate that she has died, but that is just a guess. According to her son, "she escaped the after effects of the Holocaust in Europe and subsequent Soviet Communist 1950's occupation of Hungary."

My working theory is that Elizabeth was born in 1964 to (or adopted by) a 45 year old mother, and had at least two siblings over twenty years older than she was, and who emigrated from Hungary with their brother and mother. It's not clear when Kenneth Patrick married Katalin B. Patrick, but she apparently had money, as her name shows up on several Orlando real estate transactions over the years. At some point I should check sone of the names on those transactions, but in the meantime, what I'm really doing is killing time waiting to hear back from the Orange County Sheriff's Office about my request for records in this case.

Crazy question: Is it considered bad form to contact an 82-year-old man viasa Facebook to ask if he has photos of his sister who has been missing since 1988? (Or to contact Charles Moser via Instagram to ask about his missing aunt?)

Well...it would appear that the late Katalin R. Bodor was survived by the "PATRICK KATALIN B TRUST". The Colorado address for the trust corresponds with the address for a Paul Andre Bodor. a registered Democrat who was born in 1945.

In the meantime, it appears that Elizabeth R. Bodor (aka Elizabeth Patrick aka Elizabeth Ragalie) was declared deceased by Orange County on March 24, 2005, and a death certificate was issued for her.

Two things I'm learning: Elizabeth Bodor had family, and her family had money--yet her disappearance never so much as made the Orlando newspaper, and nobody in her family has ever made any meaningful attempt to publicize her disappearance beyond having her declared dead after 17 years.

Weird...

Boom--I was finally able to corroborate that Katalin B. Patrick was Elizabeth's mother. On 1/7/98, she filed an affidavit with a title company which included a copy of the Trust Agreement (dated 10/16/96).

Buried on pages 31 and 32 are the following beneficiaries: "I give, devise, and bequeath my Trust Estate to CHANNING MOSER, CHARLES S. BODOR, PAUL A BODOR and ELIZABETH BODOR in equal shares, if ELIZABETH BODOR is still missing thirty (30) days after the date of the Trustor's death, her share shall be distributed to DANIEL MATTHEWS."

Not sure who Daniel Matthews is; in the meantime, I may be wrong about Otto Charles Bodor's connection to this family.

Still waiting to hear something--ANYTHING--from Orange County on this. In the meantime, I did find a docket entry for an "Elizabeth Rebecca Bodor" following a 1983 arrest. As I noted above, her FDLE missing person entry had stated she was AKA "Elizabeth Ragalie Bodor". But "Elizabeth Rebecca Bodor" has the identical date of birth. Therefore, while I continue to wait to hear back from Orange County, I'm going to see if I can't get a booking photo from Volusia County.

Six days ago, I got an automated response from Orange County that I could await a separate e-mail concerning the cost for copies of documents from the the 2005 probate proceeding in which Elizabeth Bodor was declared dead. Still waiting for that follow-up e-mail. In the meantime, Volusia County took less than 24 hours to e-mail me back with an invoice for six pages of court documents from her 1983 arrest. These documents should indicate who the arresting law enforcement agency was, which in turn will allow me to request a booking photograph (if one still exists). I've also been browsing random Central Florida yearbooks, trying to find a class photo, but with no luck--possibly because I have no idea where she was living when she was of high school age.

I have to wonder if Elizabeth Bodor's criminial record is the reason why (a) the Orlando Sentinel apparently didn't report her disappearance and (b) the Orange County Sheriff's office is half-assing their oversight of her case file, if not the investigation itself. All I know is--if she was arrested, somebody took her photograph.

I did manage to dig up a few more facts courtesy of a 1983 Daytona Beach arrest report: Her middle name is not Rebecca, it is indeed Ragalie. She was born in Arlington, Virginia on 8/1/64, but her name is listed as being spelled "Elisabeth [with an 's'] Ragalie Bodor". Unfortunately, a very nice woman with the Daytona Beach jail told me that they don't have booking photos which go back that far.

I'm also finding out a little more about her family in the interim, but am not sure what to make of it. Still have no idea who Daniel Matthews was, other than he was born Daniel Alan Matthews on 6/23/80, putting together quite a criminal record according to the Orange County dockets. He did a few months in jail in 2009 after breaking his probation; at that time, he claimed to be indigent and gave the court a California address. According to SSI, he died 1/19/14, location and cause of death unknown. His exact relation to Katalin B. Patrick is unknown. A theory reasonable enough to explore: Could he have been born to Elizabeth Bodor in 1980, two months before she turned 16? If I knew where he died, the info might be on his death certificate. More to the point--many female Does are listed as having previously given birth.

In the meantime, I'm still hearing nothing from Orange County. I've asked for the affidavit filed by her family in 2005 when they sought to have her declared deceased.

Thank you Hank36, so you were able to validate her maiden birth name is Elizabeth Ragalie Bordo. I may have over read was unsure if Bodor was a maiden or married name. The bm obits had left me confused

TY for all of the research

I forgot to mention--according to the Daytona Beach P.D. arrest report, she had a birthmark on her right thigh.

So...to regroup: Relevant facts about Elizabeth Bodor not (yet) in her NamUs profile:

1. She was declared deceased in 2005
2. She has an arrest record; thus, her fingerprints and booking photograph should have been available to law enforcement in 1988. Whether they still exist is unknown.
3. A 1983 arrest report corroborates her height at 5'5" and her hair as strawberry blonde, but lists her eyes as blue. Her weight in 1983 was given as 110.
4. I have yet to verify a particular address for her; as a result, if she went to high school and had her photo in a yearbook, I have not been able to find it on classmates.com. As mentioned, she was born in Arlington, Virginia, and probably spent at least part of her childhood in Connecticut.
5. [Unless she was adopted!] She is of significant Hungarian ancestry--her mother is of full-blooded Hungarian descent. I know nothing about her father, but he very likely was Hungarian as well. I believe that she has at least one surviving brother.
6. She has a birthmark on her right thigh.
7. Possible aliases for her include "Elizabeth Bodor Patrick", "Lisa Patrick Bodor" and "Lisa Patrick". Patrick was her stepfather’s last name. There is a Lisa Patrick, roughly the same age as Elizabeth Bodor, who attended high school in Volusia County Florida in the early 1980’s, but I’m certain that this is a different woman.
8. The Orange County Sheriff's Office closed her case at some point, which essentially explains the dearth of available information about her. However, I would imagine that if her case is indeed closed, the Sheriff’s Office has no basis under Florida law to withhold records of its investigation.

I'll keep adding info here as I am able to find and corroborate it...

I'm, frankly, kind of dumbfounded. The entire Orange County Sheriff's Office file on this case is exactly seven pages long. No photo, just a statement from her mother. There might be a few facts that I can add to the mix, but jesus...looks as though this woman dropped off of the face of the earth and nobody tried to look for her.

From the incident report:
• Elizabeth R. Bodor (hereinafter “ERB”) was reported missing to the Orange County Sheriff’s Office on Tuesday, March 22, 1988.
• She was reported missing by her mother, Katalin B. Patrick (hereinafter “KBP”)
• ERB lived with KBP at 2809 Hambleton, Orlando, FL 32804
• ERB’s employer is listed as “unknown”. Her occupation is listed as “varies”.
• Her scar is listed as “under her chin”. Her hair is listed as “bleached blonde”
• “ON THE LISTED DATE AND TIMES, THIS WRITER RESPONDED TO A CALL AT THE LISTED LOCATION IN REFERENCE TO A MISSING ADULT. UPON ARRIVAL, I MET WITH MRS. KATALIN PATRICK, WHO IS THE MOTHER OF THE MISSING PERSON, MS. ELIZABETH BODOR AND SHE CONVEYED THE FOLLOWING.”
• “ON 02-28-88 SUBJECT ELIZABETH BODOR CALLED HER MOTHER AT WORK AND ADVISED HER THAT SHE WOULD BE UNABLE TO PICK HER UP, FURTHER STATING THAT SHE WOULD BE AT HOME SOME TIME IN THE MORNING TO COOK BREAKFAST. REPORTER PATRICK HAS NOT HEARD FROM BODOR SINCE THAT DATE.”
o 2/28/88 was a Sunday. 1988 was a leap year
o This call is reported as occurring at 5PM
o KBP worked at a “Cumberland Farms (Edgewater N.O.I.)” Edgewater is the nearest major road to the Hambleton residence. The store has the same zip code as the residence. I’m guessing that N.O.I. stands for “North Orange…something”.
• “PATRICK ADVISED THAT HER DAUGHTER HAS NEVER BEEN MISSING FOR MORE THAN A COUPLE OF DAYS AND USUALLY CALLS HER TO AT LEAST LET HER KNOW WHERE SHE IS. SHE FURTHER STATES THAT BODOR HAS NEVER LEFT HER SEVEN YEAR OLD SON FOR ANY PERIOD OF TIME EITHER. THE SON ALSO LIVES WITH REPORTER PATRICK. MRS. PATRICK ADVISED THAT SHE HAS RECEIVED SEVERAL PHONE CALLS FROM BODOR’S FRIENDS ASKING OF HER WHERE ABOUTS. PATRICK DOES NOT KNOW WHERE BODER WORKS, ONLY A CONSTRUCTION SITE BEHIND SEA WORLD. PATRICK RECEIVED A CALL RECENTLY AND WAS ADVISED BY AN UNKNOWN MALE THAT STATED HE WAS BODOR’S EMPLOYER AND ADVISED THAT BODOR IS FIRED FOR NOT COMING TO WORK.”
o Notes: The seven year old is undoubtedly Daniel Alan Matthews, born 6/23/80, died 1/19/14.
o Sea World was, and is at the opposite end of the county from 2809 Hambleton—a 20 mile ride straight through downtown Orlando. Quite a haul. I would reckon that the area around Sea World, like every place else in Orlando, was far less developed back in 1988. (Among other things, a good place to dump a body.)
• “ACCORDING TO REPORTER PATRICK, BODOR APPEARED TO BE IN GOOD SPIRITS AND WAS CHEERFUL, THE LAST TIME SHE TALKED TO HER ON THE PHONE. NO PERSONAL PROPERTY OR CLOTHING HAS BEEN REMOVED FROM THE RESIDENCE. BODOR WAS LAST SEEN IN THE VEHICLE LISTED ON PAGE ONE, LEAVING THE RESIDENCE.”
o We thus have a little more info on the tan 1984 Toyota pick up truck: it apparently belonged to ERB. Oddly, the license number is unknown, but the handwritten VIN number appears to be JT4RN5605E0067989
• At the bottom of the report is a note that the case has been referred to Homicide.

I just received a copy of the 2004 Petition filed in Orange County, Florida by Paul A. Bodor to determine the death of Elizabeth R. Bodor. It doesn’t really offer much in the way of new information, except perhaps the assertion that “Petitioner has made extensive inquiries into the whereabouts of Elizabeth R. Bodor (missing person”, including contacting the Orlando Police Department.” Maybe this is nitpicking but I don’t believe OPD ever investigated this case; the incident report was actually filed with the Orange County Sheriff’s Office.

An “Affidavit Of Diligent Search” was provided by the Andrews Agency, Inc. of Orlando—but their search appears to have been confined to internet searches.

In short, I am coming to the conclusion that the investigation into the disappearance of Elizabeth R. Bodor began and ended on March 22, 1988, and that the booking photographs that I assumed would have been sought out by investigators were more than likely purged.

I'm really kind of dumbfounded that this woman disappeared--along with her Toyota pickup--and that no serious law enforcement effort was ever put into so much as obtaining the tag number of the pickup.

There is a Liz Bodor in the 1983-1986 Boca Raton High School yearbooks. Her hair looks blondish but not what I would call bleach blond. Elizabeth was also 23 in 88 so unless she graduated late or was younger than 23 this probably isn't her. Throwing it here just in case.

Thanks for the heads-up, although it appears that Liz's last name is spelled "Boder", and not "Bodor". Also, her 1986 yearbook states that her birthdate is 1/16/68. (I don't know why her yearbook would include birthdates, but it saved me a lot of work.)

Frankly, it appears that to track down a photo of Elizabeth R. Bodor, there are two options:

1. Contact her brother in Denver. (I'm not sure I want to do this, or even if it's a good idea.)
2. Contact somebody in law enforcement and/or a medical examiner investigating a Jane Doe that is a possible match for Ms. Bodor. It would appear that she had a driver's license; however, reproductions of driver's license photos are exempt from Florida open public records laws (Fla. Stat. § 322.142(4)) and may only be made and issued inter alia "[i}n response to law enforcement agency requests", Fla. Stat. § 322.142(4)(c), and "[t]o district medical examiners pursuant to an interagency agreement for the purpose of identifying a deceased individual, determining cause of death, and notifying next of kin of any investigations, including autopsies and other laboratory examinations," Fla. Stat. § 322.142(4)(l).

Time to get creative?

Frankly, it appears that to track down a photo of Elizabeth R. Bodor, there are two options:

1. Contact her brother in Denver. (I'm not sure I want to do this, or even if it's a good idea.)
2. Contact somebody in law enforcement and/or a medical examiner investigating a Jane Doe that is a possible match for Ms. Bodor. It would appear that she had a driver's license; however, reproductions of driver's license photos are exempt from Florida open public records laws (Fla. Stat. § 322.142(4)) and may only be made and issued inter alia "[i}n response to law enforcement agency requests", Fla. Stat. § 322.142(4)(c), and "[t]o district medical examiners pursuant to an interagency agreement for the purpose of identifying a deceased individual, determining cause of death, and notifying next of kin of any investigations, including autopsies and other laboratory examinations," Fla. Stat. § 322.142(4)(l).

Time to get creative?

Thank you. I have no idea how I didn't catch the wrong spelling.

So basically they will pull her license to get a photo but only for match/identification purposes being requested by LE, ME etc. And then still not likely to make it public.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back