Looney Letterman Fan gets Restraining Order

tybee204

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20051221/ap_on_en_tv/letterman_restraining_order

SANTA FE, N.M. - Attorneys for television talk show host David Letterman want a judge to quash a restraining order granted to a Santa Fe woman who contends the celebrity used code words to show that he wanted to marry her and train her as his co-host.
state judge granted a temporary restraining order to Colleen Nestler, who alleged in a request filed last Thursday that Letterman has forced her to go bankrupt and caused her "mental cruelty" and "sleep deprivation" since May 1994.

more at link

I think the motion to quash the restraining order is not really valid. It should be because not only is the woman an obvious nutjob, but so is the idiot judge who granted the restraining order! Procedural problems are the least of the issues here!

What lunatic judge approved this anyway? Is he/she just asleep on the job, runing on automatic, senile, or what?

He seems to attract the nut jobs, doesn't he? Remember his long-time stalker that finally killed herself by kneeling in the path of an oncoming train?

The restraining order should restrain this :loser: from turning on her TV to even see Letterman, LOL!!!

So silly!!!

Yakwoman said:
He seems to attract the nut jobs, doesn't he? Remember his long-time stalker that finally killed herself by kneeling in the path of an oncoming train?
The big danger of becoming famous is the looney fans. Most of which are just bothersome, but some of which have proven to be scary, if not actively dangerous. Famous folk who have attracted disturbing/disturbed fans include (off the top of my head): John Lennon, that girl from "My Sister Sam", Stephen King, George Harrison, Stephen Spielberg, Brad Pitt, James "Scotty" Doohan, Michael Jackson (surprise, huh?), Clive Barker, and Frank Zappa.

I'm reminded of an episode of the old Larry Sanders Show, where Gary Shandling makes the observation re David Duchovny (I paraphase): "I hope he makes enough money from X-Files to build a Really Big Fence around his house."

I'm hoping that the judge did this only to try and calm down the woman, since I have the thought that DL doesn't spend a ton of time in New Mexico. Still, there is the reputation angle to think about on his part.

I wonder if they had to list out what the 'code words' were in order to have the order to obtain it?? I'd have like to have seen a tape of the proceedings and see if anyone is snickering.

There are some real nut jobs out there that masquerade as being completely normal, until something sets them off, and then it is just as if they have flown in from a different planet. Go in front of a TV camera, and you become fair game for any number of them. I can only imagine it being scary, to realize that anyone that comes running up to you, could be that nut job that already threatened you, or someone new, with that same purpose in mind. I would be a little jumpy.

I'd say the judge is one of those nut jobs. What kind of idiot is she? And the restraining order just justifies this looney fan's delusional view of the universe.

tybee204 said:
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20051221/ap_on_en_tv/letterman_restraining_order

SANTA FE, N.M. - Attorneys for television talk show host David Letterman want a judge to quash a restraining order granted to a Santa Fe woman who contends the celebrity used code words to show that he wanted to marry her and train her as his co-host.
state judge granted a temporary restraining order to Colleen Nestler, who alleged in a request filed last Thursday that Letterman has forced her to go bankrupt and caused her "mental cruelty" and "sleep deprivation" since May 1994.

more at link
Stop winking at me tybee...are you stalking me? Huh? My brainwaves are starting to flux...stop it!:slap:

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/wireStory?id=1447147

Restraining Order Against Letterman Tossed

SANTA FE, N.M. Dec 27, 2005 — A state judge has lifted a restraining order granted to a Santa Fe woman who accused talk-show host David Letterman of using coded words to show that he wanted to marry her and train her as his co-host.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back