UNSOLVED CA - Fontana, Homeless & Mentally Challenged, wht/fem, May'17

GigTu

ѧѦ ѧ︵ ̧̱ι̵̱̊ι̶̨̱ ̶̱ ︵Ѧѧ︵ ̵̗̊o̵̖ ︵ѧѦ Ѧ ѧ
Reaction score
https://www.facebook.com/MissingHomelessOrg/posts/1876821099258064

This young lady was seen at a Valero gas station on 3740 Sierra Ave. in Fontana, CA the week of May 19, 2017. The gas station is off the I-15, near the Lyle Creek Rd. intersection in the Mt. Baldy recreation area. She was wrapped in a U-Haul packing blanket huddled next to a fuel pump. She is young and seemed extremely mentally challenged.

It was very cold out, and there are no shelters or assistance in the area, so not sure how she got there or why she is there.

The person who took her picture gave her some warm oatmeal, water, and a sleeping bag. The gas station manager gave her some coffee and donuts. They got her to move around to the side of the building so she at least wouldn't get run over. Apparently the police came but she wasn't able to or willing to give them her name. She says only thank you when given things.

Does she match any of our missing persons cases?
attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_8538.jpg
    IMG_8538.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 557
  • IMG_8539.jpg
    IMG_8539.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 524
She looks really familiar to me, but I can't find any matching missing cases.

I don't think that's a manicure. I think her nails are really long and have dirt under them from living on the street.

I don't think that's a manicure. I think her nails are really long and have dirt under them from living on the street.

That was my first thought too but they look too uniform. That's why I searched to see if that type of manicure is a 'look'.
But you may very well be correct.

Edit to add I had a woman who used to sit against my building in Berkeley. She was definitely on some type of drugs and most likely homeless but what always struck me as odd was her nails. They would always be painted.

Funny, I noticed the nails too.

Did they give an age range? She look like a well kept 30 -35???? Or younger but on the street a while? I'm not good at guessing age.

Her teeth, what we can see of them, look fairly white rather than the yellow I'd expect if she was unable to brush them regularly.

I feel like I've seen these pictures/story before...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nah, they're French tips (and evidently I wasn't the only person who noticed) - you use a manicure pen to draw the tips, natural nails don't look like that (not sure where this dirt is supposed to be).

Also, she doesn't seem to have any phenotypic signs of mental retardation (ie. she doesn't look retarded), so it's not obvious how the author came to the conclusion that the woman is "mentally challenged". I think the author might have meant "mentally ill", which is a completely different thing and more likely than being retarded.

I've never commented on a UID thread before so hope I don't mess up.

Monica Meserve, missing from San Diego since April 10, 2016.

img_67551.jpeg

Probably unlikely, but thought I'd throw it out there because of the mouth.

Can't find a thread for her on WS.

There's another pic on NamUs which shows a bit of a change in physical appearance.

img_67550.jpg

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/35734/3/

Nah, they're French tips (and evidently I wasn't the only person who noticed) - you use a manicure pen to draw the tips, natural nails don't look like that (not sure where this dirt is supposed to be).

RSBM

I thought the same thing on another case of a homeless girl in Rome last year. See my post #67 here: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...v-16-Embla-Jauhoj%E4rvi/page5&highlight=Embla

But it was pointed out to me that they look dirty when zoomed in and natural nails can look like white tips when they grow that long. Anyway, I'm not trying to argue. The only picture we have of this homeless woman's nails is blurry so I don't think we can say for certain how nice her nails are from this picture. JMO.

FWIW I flipped the image so they are facing the same direction.
That eye color match is intriguing.
See what you think

rUTPdsi.jpg

Edit to add after looking at the two pictures, the one on the left's lip is definitely low enough that it looks like her teeth are in a naturally exposed position (?)

Agree about the eye color. Even the eyebrows.
It's so hard though.

Sent from my HTC Desire Eye using Tapatalk

This woman does look very familiar and I was happy to see as I scrolled others thought so, too. This one is going to make me a little more crazy than I am.

I see it a little in the eyes but I think she much looks older than the homeless woman and her nose is different. I wonder if our homeless gal had her nose broken at some point? It looks like there is bruising and puffiness around her lower lip too (although it could just be dirt) and a scar on her left cheek.

I don't do FB so is there someone who can ask the person who found her if they noticed her nails? That would clear up a few thoughts right there.

I see a lot of homeless in the Bay Area and her hands do not look dirty. Her face does look red but it also looks like there's an outline of where sunglasses may have been. Her jaw also looks puffy as mentioned. The area beween her eyebrows also looks clear, like it's been plucked (or she doesn't have much natural hair there). There's something about her that like others have said looks familiar.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sneetchysneetches
Back