TX TX - Six Siblings Ages 3 to 14, Hidalgo County, 21 May 2017

Gardener1850

Timeline Guru (Still Remembering Cupcake)
Reaction score
Amber Alert Issued for 6 Missing Children

Officials with the Hidalgo County Sheriff's Office said 32-year-old Angela Mateos Ramirez failed to return the children to their foster family after a visit. They range from ages 3 to 14.

The mother was last seen with the children in the Walmart parking lot on the corner of FM 493 and Expressway 83 in Donna.
The suspect's vehicle is described as a blue 2005 Pontiac Vibe with Texas license plates BXK4632.

http://www.krgv.com/story/35480282/amber-alert-issued-for-six-missing-children

22d6ea4a-dad7-4eac-8add-66318c319dc0-large16x9_AngelaMRamirez.jpg

http://valleycentral.com/news/local...g-to-find-mom-accused-of-abducting-her-6-kids

Wonder why she was allowed to pick up and leave with 6 kids in a five passenger vehicle.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Wonder why she was allowed to pick up and leave with 6 kids in a five passenger vehicle.

Good question. There are not enough seats and seatbelts for all her kids in that car.

The six children were taken by their biological mother, 32 year old Angela Mateos Ramirez, who failed to return them back to the foster family after visitation yesterday evening. Ramirez was last seen driving a small white-colored four door passenger car, unknown license plates at this time. Ramirez possibly driving a blue-colored Pontiac Vibe passenger car with Texas license plates of BXK4632.

Angela Mateos Ramirez is described as a 32 year old Hispanic female, 4'11", 150 lbs, brown eyes, and black hair.

The pickup location was the Walmart located at the corner of FM 493 and Expressway 83 in Donna, Hidalgo County, Texas.
https://www.facebook.com/hidalgocou...830.1664810727077554/2280080825550538/?type=3

BBM. The above wording is a bit confusing, IMO. Was Walmart where she picked them up for visitation? Also, why two car descriptions? Sounds like she might have picked them up in a white car but she owns the blue car in the description?

She was supposed to appear in court on Thursday, May 18th @ 1:30 per public records through Hidalgo County Courts. Wonder when exactly she picked them up? No mention anywhere of why the children are living with a foster family either. Very disheartening.

subpoena.PNG

http://pa.co.hidalgo.tx.us/default.aspx

If they feel her kids are safe enough for unsupervised visits, why does the state have them in the first place ?

not to mention abuse isn't necessarily visible - for ex, physical abuse can be hidden by clothing and mental abuse can be masked with smiles

Well, they've been in foster care.

I am not an expert - but there are a number of reasons children can be in foster care that aren't what you'd necessarily consider abuse. For example, I have known children to be removed if their parent(s) don't have a suitable home - for example, not adequate for the size of the family, no running water, unsafe conditions, or when there is a disruption in having a home. Even something as simple as waiting between leases can mean children in care. Similarly, parents may have difficulty providing for their children, have general parenting difficulties that need aid, or have person health struggles.

No new info about this Amber Alert? Why can I only find one news station reporting it?

Wow, they don't even look abused !

Everyone else has said it, but yeah - abuse is not the only reason children are removed from care. A person can be an inadequate parent without being abusive. They can be neglectful, which is a danger to their children's physical and mental health - without being a 'bad' person. Perhaps the mother has issues with drug use and/or mental health that she was trying to fix up and get all her ducks in a row so she could have the kids back. Foster care is, ideally, a temporary solution so that parent/s can get their lives back on track with the goal of getting their kids home.

What she's done now has probably sadly set that back.

Well I'm stumped. I had not heard of this until I saw it on the ticker, and I receive AA info from multiple sources on all 4 of my devices. I cannot find any active AA's in Texas.

Sorry for the rant, but shoddy reporting makes me angry. It looks like that news outlet turned the HCSO's **child abduction alert** into an Amber Alert. Amber Alerts must meet specific criteria for a reason, it's not just a term to be thrown around for every missing person. It's disheartening how many people get angry when their phones go off and wake them up or in any way disrupt their day. I saw a ton of that with Kingston Frazier a few days ago (on Twitter) and that was ABSOLUTELY an emergency.

Of course these children need to be found, the mom took them when she had no legal right to, but that does not make it an AA. If I'm missing something, please correct me!

Also, not bashing on you at all Gardener! :) This was reported exactly as you stated.

JMO, MOO, etc...

Well I'm stumped. I had not heard of this until I saw it on the ticker, and I receive AA info from multiple sources on all 4 of my devices. I cannot find any active AA's in Texas.

Sorry for the rant, but shoddy reporting makes me angry. It looks like that news outlet turned the HCSO's **child abduction alert** into an Amber Alert. Amber Alerts must meet specific criteria for a reason, it's not just a term to be thrown around for every missing person. It's disheartening how many people get angry when their phones go off and wake them up or in any way disrupt their day. I saw a ton of that with Kingston Frazier a few days ago (on Twitter) and that was ABSOLUTELY an emergency.

Of course these children need to be found, the mom took them when she had no legal right to, but that does not make it an AA. If I'm missing something, please correct me!

Also, not bashing on you at all Gardener! :) This was reported exactly as you stated.

JMO, MOO, etc...

I agree! I'm just as mystified as you about the reporting of this as an Amber Alert. I kept thinking maybe there was a delay putting them in the system because there are 6 kids names and descriptions to process but it's been a couple days now. By now they should have shown up here: http://www.missingkids.com/AMBER

And they never appeared as an Amber Alert. :waiting::thinking:

The picture of the mom in an orange outfit looks like it could be when she was being held for something.

Does the outfit look similar to anyone in the part of Texas Mom is from?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boymom0304
Back