Elephant Collapses on South African Hunter. KARMA???

al66pine

Reaction score
" Theunis Botha died on Friday at 51, after 28 years as a famous South African big game hunter. He was leading a group of huntsman in Hwange National Park, when they accidentally came upon a group of breeding elephants. Three of the elephants charged the group.MSN reports that Botha fired his rifle on the charging cows, but a fourth swept in and surprised him from the side. She lifted Botha with her trunk and was shot by another hunter. Dead, she collapsed on top of Botha, killing him."

http://jezebel.com/man-who-dedicated-life-to-killing-elephants-killed-by-e-1795429484. May 22

it was the breeding that was going on that started this aggression is my guess. Regardless, sad when anyone dies, including the elephant.

definitely karma
I feel sympathy only for the elephants
sitting on my hands now

" Theunis Botha died on Friday at 51, after 28 years as a famous South African big game hunter. He was leading a group of huntsman in Hwange National Park, when they accidentally came upon a group of breeding elephants. Three of the elephants charged the group.MSN reports that Botha fired his rifle on the charging cows, but a fourth swept in and surprised him from the side. She lifted Botha with her trunk and was shot by another hunter. Dead, she collapsed on top of Botha, killing him."

http://jezebel.com/man-who-dedicated-life-to-killing-elephants-killed-by-e-1795429484. May 22

So let me get this straight -- a famous elephant hunter leading a hunt for elephants "accidentally came upon a group of breeding elephants?"

What? Folks pay this guy to find elephants, yet he doesn't know where the elephants are?

Karma plus Darwin's Revenge, I'd say.

How ironic that the elephant that someone in his party killed, killed him back. Mother Nature had the same reaction to this guy that she did to Chiffon Margarine.

I agree with all of the above posts.
We need all of the female elephants to keep breeding to try to stop the path to extinction that they are all on.
(The poor female elephants have a TWO YEAR PREGNANCY then they have to give birth to a BABY ELEPHANT).
The dude that died was "a famous South African big game hunter", and they were hunting IN A NATIONAL PARK.
DEFINITELY KARMA.

So let me get this straight -- a famous elephant hunter leading a hunt for elephants "accidentally came upon a group of breeding elephants?"

What? Folks pay this guy to find elephants, yet he doesn't know where the elephants are?

Karma plus Darwin's Revenge, I'd say.

I bet he knew where the elephants breed and went there for easy pickings.You would think hunters would want more breeding so they have something to kill : (

it was the breeding that was going on that started this aggression is my guess. Regardless, sad when anyone dies, including the elephant.

I think ^^^^this is worth repeating!

I hate the hunting but I also hate the loss of human life.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarahlm8627
Back