Presumed Located OK - Fred Romine, 56, Broken Bow, 6 May 2017

JerseyGirl

Forum Coordinator
Staff member
Forum Coordinators
Reaction score
Fred Romine was last seen on May 6th in the Broken Bow area.

He was driving his 2005 Brown Honda Odyssey to Paris to officiate a college baseball game. But college officials say he never made it and hasn't been seen or heard from since.

http://www.kxii.com/content/news/Au...a-missing-McCurtain-County-man-423053034.html

05-18-17+romine.jpg

I have been following this on my local news. He not been seen since May 6th, but this was not reported until May 18th, is strange to me. He has 2 sons who are not pleading for his return. He is a local optometristJust strange there is very little out there about him.

wonder if he has a history of vanishing for days/weeks at a time
if not, he probably had an accident and is down a steep incline or in the water
or could be both

I have been following this on my local news. He not been seen since May 6th, but this was not reported until May 18th, is strange to me. He has 2 sons who are not pleading for his return. He is a local optometristJust strange there is very little out there about him.

I saw on the news story comments, several people asked the route he took. there was no response. We have had several who went off the road, survived, but were not found and passed away

This guy has dropped off the face of the earth and I'm seeing nothing on SM! What the heck?!

It appears as though he may have been the eye dr at the state prison. The person with the case against him also had a case against the prison at one time. Looking up her name there was someone in that prison by that name. Is it possilbe that his position there and his disappearance are linked?

I wonder if there might be issues involving the state line and jurisdictions. Like, OK authorities think it should be TX's problem, and vice versa.

This guy has dropped off the face of the earth and I'm seeing nothing on SM! What the heck?!
I find it so strange that he has 2 sons and neither one of them is out there pleading for help to bring him home. Always a red flag to me

First of all, he was not reported the day he hadn't been heard from because he is a grown man, with a car, who can make his own decisions and go anywhere he chooses to. No one knew his schedule hour by hour so everyone was unsure of if he was really missing or not. He had also been doing some traveling before he went missing, so it was a possibility he may have started traveling again. Also, it was not reported on May 18th, it was reported on the week of the 8th. They just didn't announce it to the world yet.

Second, his two sons ARE trying everything they possibly can to locate him. I have no idea where you would even get the idea that they don't care where he is, but it's not true at all. They look for him every. single. day. They call the sheriff every single day. They literally do everything they can. There's just a lot more involved than what everyone probably thinks this is.

Third of all, he is no longer an optometrist. I read on one of these outrageous comments that he was an optometrist for a prison? Nope. Definitely not.....

Lastly, there is not much about him out there because he is from a VERY small town -- and we are talking small town as in: THEY STILL USE A NEWSPAPER TO SPREAD NEWS, NOT THE INTERNET). For those of you saying he hasn't been on social media since 2013, that's also false. That's his OLD profile.

Thanks.

I am Fred's ex-wife of 9 yrs. We were married almost 25. I fought his drug addictions for over 8 yrs before I divorced him. He "voluntarily surrendered" his license to practice optometry around 2012. He spiraled out of control with meth and began hanging out with very shady characters. His "best friend" is currently sitting in the McCurtain Co jail for murder of another man, less than a month after getting out of prison for meth. The murder took place almost 2 weeks after Fred disappeared. Detectives are trying to link the the suspect in jail with Fred's disappearance.
My feathers were ruffled to see my boys in question. I know that's what you all do here. Nevertheless​, they love their dad, regardless of the fact that he was rarely there for them, they were really too young to ever know him before he started using. Because of his addiction, they kept their distance. It doesn't mean they don't love him. It means they set boundaries. They want closure as much as anyone.

I am Fred's ex-wife of 9 yrs. We were married almost 25. I fought his drug addictions for over 8 yrs before I divorced him. He "voluntarily surrendered" his license to practice optometry around 2012. He spiraled out of control with meth and began hanging out with very shady characters. His "best friend" is currently sitting in the McCurtain Co jail for murder of another man, less than a month after getting out of prison for meth. The murder took place almost 2 weeks after Fred disappeared. Detectives are trying to link the the suspect in jail with Fred's disappearance.
My feathers were ruffled to see my boys in question. I know that's what you all do here. Nevertheless​, they love their dad, regardless of the fact that he was rarely there for them, they were really too young to ever know him before he started using. Because of his addiction, they kept their distance. It doesn't mean they don't love him. It means they set boundaries. They want closure as much as anyone.

Hi. Welcome! I kind of figured this was the real story. Having lived with addiction in my family, I can understand. I hope your boys have lots of support and I am so sorry for this situation on your sons' behalf. I know how tremendously painful this must be. I hope the man is found safe and gets some help. Much love to you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Remains believed to be those of Fred Romine: http://www.kxii.com/content/news/Re...-those-of-reported-missing-man-430447173.html

MCCURTAIN COUNTY, Okla. (KXII) -- Remains found in a remote area in McCurtain County Thursday are believed to be those of a man reported missing last month.

Sheriff Kevin Clardy says the remains were found in a badly burned van by a birdwatcher in a remote area near the Sherwood community.

He says they are believed to be the remains of Fred Romine.

Praying for his children

Remains believed to be those of Fred Romine: http://www.kxii.com/content/news/Re...-those-of-reported-missing-man-430447173.html

MCCURTAIN COUNTY, Okla. (KXII) -- Remains found in a remote area in McCurtain County Thursday are believed to be those of a man reported missing last month.

Sheriff Kevin Clardy says the remains were found in a badly burned van by a birdwatcher in a remote area near the Sherwood community.

He says they are believed to be the remains of Fred Romine.

Praying for his children

Was this ever confirmed to be Fred?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member