Found Safe KY - Jezzie, 13, & Cassie Whitney, 11, Allen County, 18 May 2017 *Arrests*

Gardener1850

Timeline Guru (Still Remembering Cupcake)
Reaction score
Whitneysisters_1495627810073_60104277_ver1.0_320_240.jpg

Police said they believe they are with their mother, Melissa Scott.
There’s an active warrant for Scott's arrest. It’s unclear why she’s wanted by authorities
http://www.newschannel5.com/news/kentucky-sisters-reported-missing

Wow. She seems to be a combative, unbalanced person on fb.

I don't see where it says the father was murdered. I thought it just said that he had died from a chest injury. Is the arrest warrant connected to the man's death or because she took the children illegally?

wow, where are these girls? They need to be found at this point.

[h=1]Kentucky sisters reported missing after attending funeral for father presumed to have been fatally stabbed[/h]
The Allen County Sheriff's Office said 13-year-old Jezzie Whitney and her 11-year-old sister Cassie were last seen on May 18 at a memorial service for their father Larry Whitney Jr., who died last week from a chest wound.

Police said Whitney Jr. was found injured at the girls' mother's house. Sheriff Jeff Cooke told the Bowling Green Daily News that it appeared Whitney Jr. had been stabbed with a knife. He was taken to the hospital, but was pronounced dead on arrival.
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/cri...ng-attending-father-funeral-article-1.3198208

Does anyone know if the girls were at the scene when their father was injured?

Does anyone know if the girls were at the scene when their father was injured?

I can't find any info on that but it sounds like their home life was not very stable:
Online records indicate that he girls’ mother has a long history of run-ins with the law on charges that included DUI, marijuana possession and domestic assault.

Larry Whitney also had a vast criminal history spanning at least 18 years and covering charges, including domestic assault, aggravated assault, methamphetamine manufacturing, drug possession and public intoxication.

As of Friday morning, Scott has not been charged with Larry Whitney's death, or named a suspect.
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ing-one-week-dad-s-funeral.html#ixzz4iD7cBBQR

More pictures of the girls and their mom at that link. I hope they are found safe.

It sounds like these two girls have had a rough life. I hope they are found alive and well, and that they end up in a good, stable environment. I would take them in if I could.

I am trying to understand how this man was found dead of an apparent stab wound, yet mom was not arrested or detained to the point they were all allowed to attend the funeral? Now she has fled - I think we know where this is going.

ETA: oh of course. Larry was a disgusting criminal.

I don't see where it says the father was murdered. I thought it just said that he had died from a chest injury. Is the arrest warrant connected to the man's death or because she took the children illegally?

"Whitney, 40, died May 16 after suffering a chest injury at 328 Bays Bend Road in Scottsville.

Results of an autopsy are pending and Whitney's death remains under investigation, (Detective William Francis of the sheriff's office) said."

"The Allen County Sheriff's Office is seeking information on the whereabouts of Melissa Scott, who has an active arrest warrant on a charge of custodial interference, Detective William Francis of the sheriff's office said."

(All BBM)
http://www.bgdailynews.com/news/all...cle_99558827-aa92-5845-9343-e4e441de508f.html

That article says they have three kids. How old is the other child and why did she leave one behind?

That article says they have three kids. How old is the other child and why did she leave one behind?
From the mother's FB, it looks like she has an older son.

Also, Jezzie post baby pics and sonnograms and her fb bio shows birth dates of the babies, who babies are these?

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

I am trying to understand how this man was found dead of an apparent stab wound, yet mom was not arrested or detained to the point they were all allowed to attend the funeral? Now she has fled - I think we know where this is going.

ETA: oh of course. Larry was a disgusting criminal.

"Allen County sheriff's deputies are investigating the death of a man who was found injured at 6:38 a.m. Tuesday at 328 Bays Bend Road.

The injured man, Larry Whitney Jr., was taken to The Medical Center at Scottsville, where he was pronounced dead on arrival, according to a news release from the sheriff's office.

Other people were inside the home when the incident occurred, Cooke said. No arrests have been made.

Deputies are in the process of interviewing people who were inside the home when Whitney was injured." (BBM)
http://www.bgdailynews.com/news/for...cle_a7b88e49-89a2-5e6c-917d-e254a52a9581.html

And then

"An Allen County woman and her two children have been missing for more than a week and were last seen two days after the children's father died at a Scottsville residence.
Two days after Larry Whitney Jr.'s death, the state Department of Protection and Permanency was granted emergency custody of the two children, but officials were unable to locate them or Scott on May 18."
http://www.bgdailynews.com/news/all...cle_99558827-aa92-5845-9343-e4e441de508f.html
(All BBM)

So Mr. Whitney "... was found injured at 6:38 a.m. Tuesday ..." and "(o)ther people were inside the home when the incident occurred ..."
It's quite likely, IMO, that the girls were there when their father was fatally injured. It wouldn't surprise me if it was actually them who called for help.

A mere two days later, the state is granted custody of the girls (perhaps because the mother was not willing to have them be interviewed by LE?), but they, as well as the mother, had already vanished by then.

I don't think this is a case in which a parent took off with his/er children because s/he couldn't bear to have them taken away. This is about the mother running from the law in relation to the death of the girls' father, and she took them with her because of what they might know about what happened. The mother has a length, proven criminal history, appears extremely quick to anger on her FB, and is overall dangerous, IMO. I hate that it has already been over ten days since they were last seen ... :(.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Back2theGardenAgain
Back