UK - Walkers Crisps launches a Twitter ad campaign that goes terribly wrong

I don't get it.......

I don't get it.......

Gary Lineker is a Soccer Pundit and ex England footballer who got a good sideline when he retired advertising Walkers Crisps (chips) but lately comes across as a bit pious when preaching to the rest of the UK about certain political events. The faces that have been tweeted to the Walkers twitter campain are infamous Sex offenders and murderers - Its probably not funny to the rest of the world as British humour can be a bit different sometimes !

The faces that have been tweeted to the Walkers twitter campain are infamous Sex offenders and murderers - Its probably not funny to the rest of the world as British humour can be a bit different sometimes !

You'd think social media departments would have learned by now that these sorts of things ALWAYS go wrong.

I guess the US equivalent would be Coca Cola running the campaign and people sending photos of Ted Bundy.

Twitterati can follow this at #walkerswave.

Walkers are @walkers_crisps

Gary Lineker is a Soccer Pundit and ex England footballer who got a good sideline when he retired advertising Walkers Crisps (chips) but lately comes across as a bit pious when preaching to the rest of the UK about certain political events. The faces that have been tweeted to the Walkers twitter campain are infamous Sex offenders and murderers - Its probably not funny to the rest of the world as British humour can be a bit different sometimes !

Ooooh......Haha, now it's funny :). I had no clue who any of those people were so I didn't get it! :) Thank you for explaining!

I guess it could be worse - at least there have been no *advertiser censored* images that I've seen or heard of.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biff
Back