ethan hawke seeks clemency

I think this woman should be granted clemency. I have a hard time with battered women even going to prison for killing abusive spouses/boyfriends, etc. People, who've never been there done that, want to say "why didn't they leave" or "why didn't they call the police" or "why didn't they get a restraining order". My answers below:

"Why didn't they leave?" Because most of the time they just can't. The SOB's who are abusing them won't let them leave and they have this "if I can't have you, you're not going to live" mindframe. Battered women who leave their abusers are often stalked, harassed, etc. and many are killed. A battered woman stands a 75% more of a chance of being killed by the abuser by leaving him than if she stayed. Plus many battered women aren't allowed to have jobs so they're financially unable to provide for themselves and any children involved. However, shelters, etc. are getting really good about assisting women in financial dire straits.

"Why didn't they call the police"? Ask all those dead women who DID call the police and are STILL dead. Abusers don't want you to let anyone know about the private hell you are living. While they physically, emotionally, and mentally literally imprison their victims, they're great cowards when it comes to being locked up themselves. And they just don't want anyone to know what they're doing to you. Besides, these little @^$(@& manage to get out of jail after spending maybe a whopping day or two in the slammer. Then they're REALLY po'd...they're coming after you!!!

"Why didn't they get a restraining order"? See answer above. Also, a piece of paper isn't going to stop a bullet, a knife, or someone's hands from encircling your throat.

All abusers should be exiled to a desert island where they have to live with each other.

I dont blame her for killing someone who beats the crap out of her and who threatens her with her life...i think she should be granted clemency as well...

michelle said:
I dont blame her for killing someone who beats the crap out of her and who threatens her with her life...i think she should be granted clemency as well...
:blowkiss:

My sister lived with an abuser for 8 years. That was followed by 4 years of a living hell trying to survive his wrath after being left. This included her having to move 14 times, numerous restraining orders, constant job changes, burglaries, vandalism, death threats, dead animals etc untill he finally hooked up with another women he could beat.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amberraff
Back