FL - ExWife Legally Adopts Stepson without Bio Fathers Knowledge

Becba

Former Member
Reaction score
http://www.wjhg.com/home/headlines/2104537.html

This is in my area. A man went to pick his 12 yo up from school Friday and his son was gone. He was told a woman with adoption papers signed by a judge checked the child out.
The woman is his ex wife he has not seen in 3 yrs and she has taken the child to south FL.
Everyone here is in an uproar as too what judge would sign adoption papers for a child she has not seen in 3 yrs and not married to the father without any notification to the father.
The dad is terrified she has taken his son to harm him. He said she wanted to have him killed during their break up.
Police have told him legally he now has to go thru the courts to get his son back.

The women is guilty of forgery, you can't adopt a child without the parents written consent signed in front of a notary. The man shouldn't have to go thru the courts, a warrant should be issued for her arrest for kidnapping. The child has to be registered in school, they will find him that way.

I bet there is WAY more to this story.:liar:

deandaniellws said:
I bet there is WAY more to this story.:liar:
I have been looking for links for more info. The news tells a lot more when it is on but it's links don't give much info.

Wow! Another story about a child taken from school without parental consent. I don't understand how this woman could have legally adopted him. Something is very fishy here. Very fishy.....

Beyond Belief said:
The women is guilty of forgery, you can't adopt a child without the parents written consent signed in front of a notary. The man shouldn't have to go thru the courts, a warrant should be issued for her arrest for kidnapping. The child has to be registered in school, they will find him that way.
I agree he should be able at least to get an emergency hearing on how valid the process was on the paperwork. The LE in South FL confirmed she has the child and the signed paperwork.

The FBI declined to get involved so I am wondering what is really up with this story. If they thought forgery was involved, they would have intervened. Also, I am wondering if she adopted him when they were married. If so, then in the eyes of the law it could be legal. Somebody is not telling the whole story. The last sentence of the article bothered me. He said that the school should not have let the step mom pick him up. A legal (and they obviously thought it was) document over rides a pick up list in the school office. Also, did anyone catch that the child was 12 in an elementary school? Hummm....

deandaniellws said:
The FBI declined to get involved so I am wondering what is really up with this story. If they thought forgery was involved, they would have intervened. Also, I am wondering if she adopted him when they were married. If so, then in the eyes of the law it could be legal. Somebody is not telling the whole story. The last sentence of the article bothered me. He said that the school should not have let the step mom pick him up. A legal (and they obviously thought it was) document over rides a pick up list in the school office. Also, did anyone catch that the child was 12 in an elementary school? Hummm....
Cottondale is a small town. Our elementary schools are to 5th grade. He could be in 5th grade.

Good catch on the rest,espescially the list overide.

Becba said:
Cottondale is a small town. Our elementary schools are to 5th grade. He could be in 5th grade.

Good catch on the rest,espescially the list overide.
Even if he started kindergarden at age 6, he could only be no more than 11 in the 5th grade. :confused: Maybe he was held back a grade?

SadieMae said:
Even if he started kindergarden at age 6, he could only be no more than 11 in the 5th grade. :confused: Maybe he was held back a grade?
I was in the 7th grade at 12.

Bernard Longo says he has reason to believe his son's life maybe in danger.

I would guess this is a good possibility. She waited for three years, then went to an out of state court and filed for custody. This woman has a serious obsession problem.
I would like to have this judge's name and know what story she gave him. Usually you can't get custody unless you either file against the father, or claim abandonment (and usually she would have to have the child in her physical custody) or prove the parent is deceased.
How much you want to bet she filed for the custody, and gave a false address for the father.
Since the Dad didn't go to court (because he didn't know) now the kid is sitting there thinking his Dad didn't want him anymore.

Well I was mixed up due to listening to this story second hand before reading the link. She is the ex wife but it doesn't say step mother.

I was thinking she was not kin to him. Still he would have been contacted.
Anyway it says in the link that the boys sister called the ex's and her boyfriend told her he didn't want to talk to her. Why would they not want the boy speak to his sister?

Wouldn't they call it "custody" instead of "adoption" if she were the childs real mom?

Becba said:
Well I was mixed up due to listening to this story second hand before reading the link. She is the ex wife but it doesn't say step mother.

I was thinking she was not kin to him. Still he would have been contacted.
Anyway it says in the link that the boys sister called the ex's and her boyfriend told her he didn't want to talk to her. Why would they not want the boy speak to his sister?

This is where the mention of the stepmother comes in:

Parent Bernard Longo says, "So we went to the school, and upon getting to the school we met up with a police officer who took us inside and told us that his stepmother had come there and checked him out."

mysteriew said:
This is where the mention of the stepmother comes in:
:doh: I need some sleep! I am mixing myself up! Thank you.

Even if this women conned a judge according to the article ony 2 people were authorized to take the child from school.

The school is not the one to judge if adoption papers are legal or not.
They should have informed the dad and called LE.

I can't believe LE is dropping the ball again when a childs life could be in the balance.
They can't call the freakin judge?? Find out what is going on??

Beyond Belief said:

Absolutely! It would be impossible for an unrelated person to adopt a child without the parents signing away their parental rights. Why are the police assuming the papers are legal?

It really makes me angry that they allow someone not named by the parents to take a child from school and don't even call the parents to find out if it is ok.

OneLostGrl said:
My son is 11 and in 6th grade :confused:

Mine is 11 and in the 6th grade, too, but he is one of the youngest in his class.

SewingDeb said:
Mine is 11 and in the 6th grade, too, but he is one of the youngest in his class.

Mine is 14, and in the seventh grade and still in the middle school. I think it depends on the school and how they classify ele. and middle grades.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JerseyLizard
Back