Zoo Keeper seriously attacked by tiger at U.K zoo

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

gregjrichards

Reaction score
"Hamerton Zoo has been evacuated as police and an air ambulance were called to reports of a tiger attack on a zookeeper.

Cambridgeshire Police confirmed they were called to the zoo in Sawtry at 11.15am today.

Emergency services and the zoo have dismissed reports a tiger escaped from an enclosure but have described the incident as "very serious".

It is understood a man was attacked by a tiger within an enclosure. It is not known if it was a visitor or a member of staff.

The park has closed for the rest of the day."

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/hamerton-zoo-evacuated-police-ambulance-10523563

A female zoo keeper has died - Sky News

May they Rest In Peace.

Oh so sad to hear that she has died. Your DM link said it was a terribly chaotic scene - employees were frantically throwing meat to the tiger in hopes of distracting it from the attack. Can't imagine how awful this was for everyone there.

As insensitive as this may appear to some, it isn't meant to be. But, please tell me the tiger has not been killed. This tiger was in its own enclosure and the keeper was obviously in the tiger's enclosure which suggests to me that the tiger was acting like a wild tiger. Some protocol was most likely missed. My heart goes out to the keeper's loved ones but I truly hope that the tiger was not put down for being a tiger.

Sent from my HTCD100LVWPP using Tapatalk

As insensitive as this may appear to some, it isn't meant to be. But, please tell me the tiger has not been killed. This tiger was in its own enclosure and the keeper was obviously in the tiger's enclosure which suggests to me that the tiger was acting like a wild tiger. Some protocol was most likely missed. My heart goes out to the keeper's loved ones but I truly hope that the tiger was not put down for being a tiger.

Sent from my HTCD100LVWPP using Tapatalk

I haven't heard about the tiger being euthanised but will post if I see anything.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Felicia1970
Back