FL FL - Patty & Peggy McDaniel, 17 yo twins, Pompano Beach, 15 Sept 1979

Gardener1850

Timeline Guru (Still Remembering Cupcake)
Reaction score
3731DFFL.jpg

Patty Lisa McDaniel

3719DFFL.jpg

Peggy Leslie McDaniel

Patty and Peggy disappeared on September 15,1979 in Ft. Lauderdale, FL. They went to a Disco by the name "The Plank". A person they were known to be with was found deceased in the trunk of a car four days later. Neither Patty nor Peggy has been seen since.

Case Info:
Name: Patty Lisa McDaniel
Case Classification: Endangered Missing
Missing Since: September 15, 1979
Location Last Seen: Pompano Beach, Broward County, Florida

[h=2]Physical Description[/h] Date of Birth: circa 1962
Race: White
Height: 4'6"
Weight: 115-120 lbs.
Hair Color: Brown
Eye Color: Blue
Nickname/Alias: Unknown
Distinguishing Marks/Features: She had broken right lower arm as a result of playing with a cousin.

[h=2]Identifiers[/h] Dentals: Available; right upper front tooth chipped.
Fingerprints: Not Available
DNA: Available

[h=2]Clothing & Personal Items[/h] Clothing: Unknown
Jewelry: Unknown
Additional Personal Items: Shoes size 6 1/2, glasses.

[h=2]Circumstances of Disappearance[/h] Patty disappeared with her twin Sister Peggy on September 15,1979 in Ft. Lauderdale, FL. They went to a Disco by the name "The Plank". A person they were known to be with was found deceased in the trunk of a car four days later. Neither Patty nor Peggy has been seen since.

[h=2]Investigating Agency(s)[/h] Agency Name: Lauderhill Police Department
Agency Contact Person: Detective Lauer
Agency Phone Number: (954) 497-4700
Agency E-Mail: N/A
Agency Case Number: N/A

NCIC Case Number: Unknown
NamUs Case Number: 34730

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/3731dffl.html

Name: Peggy Leslie McDaniel
Case Classification: Endangered Missing
Missing Since: September 15, 1979
Location Last Seen: Pompano Beach, Broward County, Florida

[h=2]Physical Description[/h] Date of Birth: circa 1962
Race: White
Height: 4'6"
Weight: 115-120 lbs.
Hair Color: Brown/light brown/naturally wavey
Eye Color: Blue
Nickname/Alias: Unknown
Distinguishing Marks/Features: Unknown

[h=2]Identifiers[/h] Dentals: Not Available
Fingerprints: Not Available
DNA: Available

[h=2]Clothing & Personal Items[/h] Clothing: Unknown
Jewelry: Unknown
Additional Personal Items: Shoes size 7.

[h=2]Circumstances of Disappearance[/h] Peggy disappeared with her twin sister Patty on September 15,1979 in Ft. Lauderdale, FL. They went to a Disco by the name "The Plank". A person they were known to be with was found deceased in the trunk of a car four days later. Neither Patty nor Peggy has been seen since.

[h=2]Investigating Agency(s)[/h] Agency Name: Lauderhill Police Department
Agency Contact Person: Detective Lauer
Agency Phone Number: (954) 497-4700
Agency E-Mail: N/A
Agency Case Number: N/A

NCIC Case Number: Unknown
NamUs Case Number: 34729

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/3719dffl.html

Thank you for creating this thread! I saw it on the doe network and thought this needs to be on WS! Also they remind me of the buckskin doe.

Sent from my SM-S120VL using Tapatalk

Thank you for creating this thread! I saw it on the doe network and thought this needs to be on WS! Also they remind me of the buckskin doe.

Sent from my SM-S120VL using Tapatalk

No Problem! I'm hoping the members here can hunt down more info on their case as it sounds like there is a lot more to the story of the night they went missing.

Interesting case.

Per the FB links, the mother is saying the twins contacted her. (Sorry, I really don't "do" FB so I'm not sure which links are best to post. Heck, I may be breaching the rules by posting this ??!)

"... Those girls wanted to come home, they wrote and told me so. I wrote them immediately to get to the airport and call me. I was ready to get them on a plane. Never heard anything back, then a few weeks later I called the Pompano Beach Police Dept..."

https://www.facebook.com/searching26/

https://www.facebook.com/notes/help-find-patty-and-peggy-mcdaniel/two-angels-lost/131525044066057/

https://www.facebook.com/6501386517...07520000.1493152619./1360886680670513/?type=3

Yeah, this is an interesting story.

I was just reading about them yesterday in Namus while looking for a UID. They are very petite girls.

Can someone explain to me the phone charges thing? How was it possible for the girls (or anyone) to make a bunch of calls from Florida but to charge their mother in New Jersey? Does this mean they were just calling her house "collect" from Florida? But it makes it sound like they didn't know about the calls until they received a bill?

Hey this says 5'6". DN says 4'6". 5'6" sounds much more reasonable to me for the age and weight.

Huh, Namus has them as really short too: https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/34729/0/

I would guess the newspaper height is more accurate.

Here are the two UID cases from Weeki Wachee that police thought could be one of the girls:
https://identifyus.org/en/cases/12579
https://identifyus.org/en/cases/12589

These UID's are both estimated at 64 inches. If the girls were really 10 inches shorter than that, there is no reason police back then would have been trying to match one of them to these remains. JMO.

I wonder if there are eye witnesses that saw BOTH girls at the club? Seems strange that Peggy reports Patty missing, but then it is canceled days later but the girls don't go home; They stay with the boyfriend that Peggy was supposedly afraid just days earlier had harmed Patty? Did BOTH girls go into the police station to cancel the missing report?

Can someone explain to me the phone charges thing? How was it possible for the girls (or anyone) to make a bunch of calls from Florida but to charge their mother in New Jersey? Does this mean they were just calling her house "collect" from Florida? But it makes it sound like they didn't know about the calls until they received a bill?

I don't know if you still can because I haven't placed on in ages, but it was called a third party call.
Using an operator, you'd call one number and charge it to yet another phone number. In my area, if you called from a payphone and tried to charge it another number, someone at the billed number had to pick up and agree, but not if you called from someone's house. In that case, the billed party wouldn't see the charge until the bill was received.

could the chipped tooth be our Arkansas Eldorado doe? She looks similar and the story could work out , especially with the murder etc ?

or could they have killed the guy in the trunk?

could the chipped tooth be our Arkansas Eldorado doe? She looks similar and the story could work out , especially with the murder etc ?

or could they have killed the guy in the trunk?

Does Eldorado JD have a chipped tooth?!? I do see a similarity in her looks and both the girls actually.

Does Eldorado JD have a chipped tooth?!? I do see a similarity in her looks and both the girls actually.

yes she did have a chipped tooth , my line of thinking was what if one killed the other and Ran off ....still would explain the break in at dads house ....and on Eldorado JD's side it would explain the running and identity change etc.

yes she did have a chipped tooth , my line of thinking was what if one killed the other and Ran off ....still would explain the break in at dads house ....and on Eldorado JD's side it would explain the running and identity change etc.

After listening to the podcast I linked above I'm inclined to agree that seems like a possibility she could be EDJD. However, I can't see one twin harming the other. I was thinking that maybe the guy who was found shot in the trunk of a car had harmed one of the girls and the remaining twin and her boyfriend retaliated by killing him and stealing the money he had-- then they had to go on the run and hide. What really strikes me about the McDaniel Girl's story is that they ran off with black boyfriends who were much older than them and that matches with EDJD's story-- running with an older black boyfriend. Also as far as EDJD, her killer has said he knows who she is but if he reveals her identity that will lead to the solving (revealing? I forget his exact phrasing) of more crimes. Who knows if he can be believed in that but this would certainly be a case where there could be more crimes revealed if EDJD turns out to be one of the McDaniel twins. I think you should submit Patty and Peggy as possible matches, Sloane!

After listening to the podcast I linked above I'm inclined to agree that seems like a possibility she could be EDJD. However, I can't see one twin harming the other. I was thinking that maybe the guy who was found shot in the trunk of a car had harmed one of the girls and the remaining twin and her boyfriend retaliated by killing him and stealing the money he had-- then they had to go on the run and hide. What really strikes me about the McDaniel Girl's story is that they ran off with black boyfriends who were much older than them and that matches with EDJD's story-- running with an older black boyfriend. Also as far as EDJD, her killer has said he knows who she is but if he reveals her identity that will lead to the solving (revealing? I forget his exact phrasing) of more crimes. Who knows if he can be believed in that but this would certainly be a case where there could be more crimes revealed if EDJD turns out to be one of the McDaniel twins. I think you should submit Patty and Peggy as possible matches, Sloane!

Could Patty be ruled out as EDJD due to eye injury? I'm assuming, of course, this injury would have been fairly identifiable via EDJD's autopsy. (*ETA... maybe there are some other UID's with possible eye injuries??)

"She mentioned that during her move in 1975, (while in their father's care), Peggy was allowed to date and Patty had suffered an accidental shot to the left eye by a ricochet bullet. The bullet had rendered Patty blind in one eye."

https://www.facebook.com/6501386517....1493152619./1360886680670513/?type=3&theater

Could Patty be ruled out as EDJD due to eye injury? I'm assuming, of course, this injury would have been fairly identifiable via EDJD's autopsy. (*ETA... maybe there are some other UID's with possible eye injuries??)

"She mentioned that during her move in 1975, (while in their father's care), Peggy was allowed to date and Patty had suffered an accidental shot to the left eye by a ricochet bullet. The bullet had rendered Patty blind in one eye."

https://www.facebook.com/6501386517....1493152619./1360886680670513/?type=3&theater

Hmm, Good question! I wonder how noticeable it was? Her mom said her eye looked like a normal eye she just couldn't see out of it. It's hard to notice anything off about her eyes from those 1970's quality pictures. Maybe there would be scarring when looked at closely? I did notice that EDJD squints in her mug shot photos like she needs glasses and one eye is closed more than the other-- perhaps a sign she couldn't see as well out of that eye?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laayla
Back