Found Deceased Canada - Alvin Dunic, 57, Crawford Bay, BC, 29 May 2017

dotr

Reaction score
http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2017/0...acher-crawford-bay-creston-bc_n_16896584.html
CRAWFORD BAY, B.C. - Searchers backed by a dog team and a helicopter continue to scour a recreational area of southeastern British Columbia hoping to find any sign of a school teacher who disappeared on Monday.

An RCMP news release says Alvin Dunic left Crawford Bay Elementary-Secondary School, about 75 kilometres north of Creston, just before noon.

It says the 57-year-old wanted to find a good spot for a class project and intended to return in about 30 minutes, but was reported overdue just before 3 p.m.
attachment.php

Attachments

• o-ALVIN-DUNIC-570.jpg
    o-ALVIN-DUNIC-570.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 110
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/missing-teacher-1.4139544
[h=2]B.C. teacher goes missing while looking for spot to read poetry[/h]

Dunic's car was found about two kilometres away near a bridge straddling Crawford Creek, which is normally a fairly calm brook, but is currently swollen with the spring run-off.

More than 40 people from several search and rescue organization spent the afternoon and evening searching for Dunic, including an aerial search of the creek right out to Kootenay Lake.
Teeka Ferguson
on Monday

As some of you may know, my husband, Alvin went missing by Crawford Creek today. Search and rescue have used helicopters, dogs and ground search, with no luck. They are stopping tonight, but will continue en masse tomorrow. They have asked that I send out a message on Facebook to emphasize that NOBODY should go out looking for Alvin. They need the trails untouched for the dogs to track Alvin and to look for evidence. SO, IF YOU CARE ABOUT ALVIN YOU WILL STAY AWAY FROM THE SEARCH SITE AND LEAVE IT TO THE PROS. Our family thanks you in advance for you cooperation.

Praying for Alvin's safe return

http://globalnews.ca/news/3495194/search-enters-3rd-day-for-teacher-missing-in-the-kootenays/

[h=1]Search enters 4th day for teacher missing in the Kootenays[/h]
His vehicle was found unlocked on Woolgar Road, at the Crawford Creek trail head.

Dunic’s wife has been posting on Facebook saying the family is anxious and exhausted but most importantly, hopeful.
Teeka Ferguson

on Tuesday

Update: Alvin is still missing. The search and rescue are working really hard to find him. They incredibly organized and professional, and most important, hopeful. Please continue to stay away from search area.

Rajka, Jett and I are anxious and exhausted, but remain sure Alvin will be with us soon. To all of you who have messaged, I will reply as I can, but please know we are incredibly grateful to know so many are focussing their thoughts Alvin. I believe he can feel your love and it makes him stronger.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/briti...or-missing-teacher-near-creston-b-c-1.4144532
[h=1]Search intensifies for missing teacher near Creston, B.C.[/h]
The search for a missing teacher in southeastern British Columbia will ramp up this weekend
Divers will utilize a towed sonar device and will attempt dives in the area, Moskaluk added.

He said 50 search and rescue personnel from Penticton, Trail, Nelson, Kaslo, Creston, Kimberly and Golden — along with volunteers from the Crawford Bay area — will arrive over the weekend to expand search efforts.

Moskaluk said there has been no physical sign of where Dunic might be.

Attachments

• 1_Search_Rescue_Nelson_missing_Teacher_Alvin_Dunic-672x372.png
    1_Search_Rescue_Nelson_missing_Teacher_Alvin_Dunic-672x372.png
    543 KB · Views: 46
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/briti...kootenay-teacher-pleads-for-answers-1.4173391
June 22 2017
'Any explanation becomes possible': Wife of missing Kootenay teacher pleads for answers

Alvin Dunic, 57, has been missing since May 29
The wife of a Kootenay-area teacher who disappeared almost a month ago is desperate for any clues about his disappearance.

"It's extremely distressing. It's hard to know what to do or how to be when you don't have any answers," said Alvin Dunic's wife, Teeka Ferguson
Other possibilities

Ferguson said she has shifted her focus to the possibility Dunic is somewhere else.

She says one possibility is Dunic may have had an episode of confusion and somehow ended up on the road and is elsewhere.

He had a similar episode five years ago, she explained.
"In talking to a lot of community members — because I've had to ask those questions myself as I'm processing — people that have known him, people he confided in [all said] he seemed really happy."

https://www.nelsonstar.com/news/crawford-creek-search-for-missing-teacher-unsuccessful/
attachment.php

June 22 2017
rbbm.
Search and rescue crews are stumped after a thorough search of Crawford Creek failed to produce any trace of missing teacher Alvin Dunic, who has been missing since May 29.

They had previously combed through the surrounding forested area, and now they’ve run out of places to look. West Kootenay public information officer Chris Armstrong said the search has been thorough.

Dunic’s wife Teeka Ferguson is determined not to give up.

“This week’s search of the creek did not bring us Alvin, nor any clue of his disappearance. I continue to focus on trying to get his face out across Canada and have been asking people on Facebook to post in their places of work. I’m looking into trying to utilize networks to get the missing persons poster in hospitals and other public places across Canada.”

Ferguson has reached out to national media in hopes of getting Dunic’s face seen country-wide, but so far has had no luck.

“If he’s not in the creek he has to be somewhere, and so, we need to find him.”

Attachments

• web1_copy_copy_170607-KWS-alvin.jpg
    web1_copy_copy_170607-KWS-alvin.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 38
Hello,

I have joined this site as I live in the area and this case has been concerning me.

I wanted to bring up the fact that 2 weeks prior to Alvin's disappearance, another man, Lemar Halimi, was reported missing from Nelson, BC (across the lake from Crawford Bay).

Has the possibility of a link between the disappearance of the two men been ruled out?

Thank you, C.

Hello,

I have joined this site as I live in the area and this case has been concerning me.

I wanted to bring up the fact that 2 weeks prior to Alvin's disappearance, another man, Lemar Halimi, was reported missing from Nelson, BC (across the lake from Crawford Bay).

Has the possibility of a link between the disappearance of the two men been ruled out?

Thank you, C.

Welcome to Ws Canucklehead, thanks for that intriguing tidbit, will check it out!

Hello & thank you. I don't want to upset anyone or make assumptions. However, I've just noticed on the BC RCMP missing person's page that another man, Leo Patrick Remy, disappeared in April in nearby Castlegar (ie: 30mins from Nelson, along hwy 3a, and Nelson being across from Crawford Bay) under similar circumstances it seems.
- C.

Hello & thank you. I don't want to upset anyone or make assumptions. However, I've just noticed on the BC RCMP missing person's page that another man, Leo Patrick Remy, disappeared in April in nearby Castlegar (ie: 30mins from Nelson, along hwy 3a, and Nelson being across from Crawford Bay) under similar circumstances it seems.
- C.
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?341801-Leo-Patrick-REMY-59-Castlegar-BC-1-April-2017&p=13465116#post13465116
[h=2]Leo Patrick REMY, 59, Castlegar, BC. 1 April 2017[/h]

I would be VERY interested to know details of this 'episode' he had five years ago. I think that might be the key to all of this.

Hello, again. A 4th man is missing from our area, Darwen Greyeyes. I've just read this in The Nelson Daily newspaper.

It wasn't my intention to take attention away from Mr. Alvin Dunic on this forum, just to ask if the possibility of a link with another disappearance was ruled-out.

Now, I realise there are a few other disappearances of men in the area. I find some of the similarities to Alvin's case concerning.

However, I'll refrain from additional posting along these lines, so the forum can focus on the facts of Alvin's case on this thread.

- C.

Hello, again. A 4th man is missing from our area, Darwen Greyeyes. I've just read this in The Nelson Daily newspaper.

It wasn't my intention to take attention away from Mr. Alvin Dunic on this forum, just to ask if the possibility of a link with another disappearance was ruled-out.

Now, I realise there are a few other disappearances of men in the area. I find some of the similarities to Alvin's case concerning.

However, I'll refrain from additional posting along these lines, so the forum can focus on the facts of Alvin's case on this thread.

- C.

Keeping the focus on Alvin in this thread, it is curious that several men in the same age group from nearby areas have all gone missing within similar time frames.
Started a thread for Mr Greyeyes and perhaps as the different threads (hopefully) receive posts, if a pattern exists that further connects these disappearances, it will emerge.imo, speculation.
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?341837-Darwen-Greyeyes-55-Nelson-BC-4-June-2017&p=13465972#post13465972
Darwen Greyeyes, 55, Nelson BC, 4 June 2017

https://www.castlegarnews.com/news/crawford-creek-search-for-missing-teacher-unsuccessful/
I continue to focus on trying to get his face out across Canada and have been asking people on Facebook to post in their places of work. I’m looking into trying to utilize networks to get the missing persons poster in hospitals and other public places across Canada.” Ferguson has reached out to national media in hopes of getting Dunic’s face seen country-wide, but so far has had no luck.
“If he’s not in the creek he has to be somewhere, and so, we need to find him.
”
http://www.nelsonstar.com/news/family-of-missing-nelson-man-thanks-community/
attachment.php

“It’s such a mix of feelings. Even some of the silver linings have a dark side,” Dunic’s wife Teeka Ferguson told the Star.
“They say there’s no trace, which is good because there’s no sign of animal attack or struggle, no sign he fell into the creek. But what does that mean? Did he go down the trail at all? We have to ask all those questions
Ferguson said her husband moved to Crawford Bay when he was 23, ultimately working as a teacher there for over 30 years. During that time he built long-lasting relationships. He now lives in Nelson and commutes to his job in Crawford Bay.
“In Nelson he’s not known the way he’s known in Crawford Bay. He was such an active community member, always giving up his own time, and people love him,” she said.
“On the East Shore there probably isn’t a single life he hasn’t touched.”

Attachments

• web1_170602-KWS-Teeka.jpg
    web1_170602-KWS-Teeka.jpg
    108.1 KB · Views: 20
Condolences to Mr Dunic's family, friends and students.
:rose::rose::rose:

http://bc.ctvnews.ca/body-of-missing-teacher-found-in-southeastern-b-c-creek-1.3521463
Dunic, 57, went missing May 29 during the lunch hour at Crawford Bay Elementary-Secondary School where he was a teacher. He had stepped out to find a spot near Crawford Creek where his students could complete a poetry project.
ferguson.jpg
Teeka Ferguson and Alvin Dunic with their daughters. (Teeka Ferguson)

At the time, water levels were running high in the creek with spring run-off and it was thought he may have been swept away.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MichaelKeell
Back