Found Safe VA - Jami Meghan-LaBeth Pakacki, 23, Marion, 19 May 2017

JerseyGirl

Forum Coordinator
Staff member
Forum Coordinators
Reaction score
Authorities need your help in finding a missing woman who was last seen by friends at a home on Fern Lane in Marion on May 19.

According to the Marion Police Department, 23-year-old Jami Megan-LaBeth Pakacki of Saltville remains missing.

She is described as white, about 5 feet 5 inches tall, with three tattoos – an anchor on her left forearm, stars on her right foot, and the words “I Forgive You” on her right bottom forearm. Pakacki was last seen with blonde hair, but has been known to frequently change her hair color.

Meghann%20Pakacki.png

http://www.wcyb.com/news/virginia/smyth-county/marion-police-searching-for-missing-woman/525072430
https://www.pl8pic.com/Meghann_Pakacki

I live in VA and this is the first I've heard of her disappearance.

Hope she is ok. The semicolon tatt sounds like someone close to her has committed suicide or tried?
Cant see anything new?

Aware tells she has been found!

Marion Police Department Chief reopened the case and shares more information. SWVAToday News Article:
Marion police to reexamine missing woman case

"Last seen May 19, 2017 getting into a pickup truck on Fern Lane in Marion, VA"

Cheif Clair said: “What we’re going to be doing is mapping out everything from the beginning — every piece of evidence — and try and see if we can produce any fresh leads,” the chief said. “It’s time for us to take a fresh look at it and in order to do that, we’re going to start all over.”

pakacki-collage.jpg

The Marion Police Department is beginning to reinvestigate the case of a missing Saltville woman who was last seen in 2017.

According to Marion Police Chief John Clair, the department is going to reexamine the case of Jami Megan-LaBeth Pakacki, who was reported missing on May 19, 2017. ...

...Chief Clair said the department is looking at the case with fresh eyes and will be interviewing family members and the last people to see Pakacki again.

Chief Clair said the Marion Police Department held a planning meeting last week to discuss plans for the investigation. The department also conducted a grid search of the area Pakacki was last seen .

The search yielded no new evidence.

Chief Clair said investigators are hoping to work with other agencies.

A post to the department’s Facebook page said Pakacki had only her cellphone with her when she left the area and she had deactivated her social media accounts.

Anyone with information regarding Pakacki or her whereabouts is asked to call the Marion Police Department at (276) 783-8145.
Marion Police Department reinvestigating woman who went missing in 2017

Marion investigators open up about three-year search for missing woman

Hundreds of tips have been followed, dozens of interviews conducted and several search warrants executed.

The exhaustive efforts of Marion investigators in the search for Jami Megan-LaBeth Pakacki have led to a number of promising leads that ultimately turned into dead ends.

Tuesday marked the third anniversary of Packaki’s disappearance.

It’s a very lengthy article..and very detailed.

100751206_2685598091719057_5638673807695675392_n.jpg
98187826_2685597088385824_5603662200666324992_n.jpg
100041793_2685596185052581_6994009613360168960_n.png

Witnesses told police that Pakacki told them the night she was last seen that she was going to text a friend for a ride. They later saw her getting into a pickup truck at the end of the driveway, they said, but were unable to see the color or make of the truck in the dark.

It would be more than a week before she was reported missing.
---
Several days later, Haynes got a message from Pakacki's number saying that she didn't want to be found, not to worry about her and that she was OK.

The messages came from Pakacki's phone number, but Haynes said she had doubts it was her daughter sending them.

“She wasn't talking to me like Meghann,” Haynes said in a 2017 interview. “She was talking about 'I'll be in Bristol hanging with my homies.' She doesn't talk to me that way.”

Slight differences in the way certain words were spelled also alerted Haynes that something might be amiss. One message read, “I love you mama,” but Haynes pointed out that Pakacki always spelled the word m-o-m-m-a.

Shortly after Haynes received those messages, Pakacki's phone was disconnected.
---
In 2017, Haynes said Pakacki had taken off once as a teenager for a few days and again for about a week when she was 18, but that she’d never been known to leave for long periods of time.

Even after hundreds of tips, 3-year search for missing woman continues

Updated MAY 26 (7 hrs ago)

Marion investigators have followed up on hundreds of tips, conducted dozens of interviews and executed several search warrants, but while their exhaustive efforts in the search for Jami Megan-LaBeth Pakacki have led to a number of promising leads, many have turned into dead ends.

“We’ve double- and triple-checked everything we have, we’ve worked on everything new we’ve gotten, and we’re down to those last two or three possibilities,” said Marion Police Chief John Clair.

“Unfortunately, we just haven’t gotten any closer.”

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back