Resolved CA - San Clemente, female skull, 30-50 yr old, fnd near Camino Vera Cruz & Avenida Pico, June'17 - namus removed

Gardener1850

Timeline Guru (Still Remembering Cupcake)
Reaction score
The remains were found and reported Thursday afternoon by a biologist shortly after 2 p.m. near Camino Vera Cruz and Avenida Pico.

It wasn’t clear how long the remains had been at the location. Officials said many homeless people are encamped in and around the area.

Detectives said they have recovered a human skull. Authorities have also not determined if the deceased was a man or a woman.
http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2017/06/02/human-remains-san-clemente/

Though little else is known about how the remains got to the hard-to-reach location – or how long they have been there – officials said it doesn’t appear to be the scene of a crime.

The remains were taken to the Orange County coroner’s office in Santa Ana to be examined by a pathologist who will try to determine age and gender, if not a name, Orange County Sheriff’s Department Lt. Lane Lagaret said.

“Hopefully with the teeth we can find something,” he said.

Homicide investigators will take over the case, but the pathologists at the coroner’s office will be the first stop. Investigators will also examine missing persons reports and unsolved crimes.
http://www.ocregister.com/2017/06/0...e-are-human-forensic-anthropologist-confirms/

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
#UP55049

Date Body Found June 1, 2017
ME/C Case Number 17-02559-BB

Sex Female
Race/Ethnicity Uncertain
Estimated Age Group Adult - Pre 50
Estimated Age Range 30-50
Height Cannot Estimate
Weight Cannot Estimate

General Location -- San Clemente, California 92673
County Orange County

Circumstances of Recovery A human skull was found on a worksite. The skull was flagged and left in place by workers.

Condition of Remains Not recognizable - Partial skeletal parts only

Hair Color Unknown
Left Eye Color Unknown
Right Eye Color Unknown

I notified mods to request a title edit for this thread.

Female, 30-50yo.

The woman, likely of East Asian descent, was reported missing before her remains were found. Her family has decided not to release her identity at this time. Rest in peace
If she was reported missing, I wonder if she was in NamUs. I understand her family doesn't wish for her to be named, so I'll refrain from doing anything.

Initial analysis revealed that woman's biogeographical ancestry was largely East Asian. Othram’s in-house genealogy team used the DNA profile in conjunction with forensic genetic genealogy to produce new investigative leads, which were returned to law enforcement.
Geez. Can't imagine she had too many close matches. Glad she's been identified.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back