Australia - Maddilyn-Rose Stokes, 2, death by scalding, Brisbane, 23 May 2017

gregjrichards

Reaction score
"The parents of a two-year-old girl who tragically died after suffering severe burns in a hot bath have both been charged with murder and torture.

Maddilyn-Rose Ava Stokes, from Northgate in Brisbane's north, suffered severe burns to her back, buttocks and legs for several days before she died.

Her parents, Shane David Stokes, 30, and Nicole Betty More, 23, have previously claimed the injuries were the result of scalding hot bath water.

According to the Courier Mail, the pair were arrested on Monday and charged with killing and torturing her on May 23."

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-died-burns-charged-murder.html#ixzz4j6KEuhGD

How awful. No accident there. A parent who thinks that babies should be born toilet trained and if they are not, they will be punished. You do not accidentally put a baby into a scalding hot bath.

How awful. No accident there. A parent who thinks that babies should be born toilet trained and if they are not, they will be punished. You do not accidentally put a baby into a scalding hot bath.

It's horrific and tragic I don't want to think about how little Maddilyn-Rose suffered. May she Rest In Peace.

I don't want to link a news story regarding a grieving family member, but they reported them a year ago to child services and were then cut out of their lives. Disgusting what they must have done. I feel sick even thinking of that poor baby in pain for days on end.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is that why they said they tortured/burned her?

I am so disgusted.

From the original link-
Maddilyn-Rose Ava Stokes, aged two,
died from a fatal heart attack
after suffering severe burns in a hot bath in May.

Poor baby girl. 💔

"The heartbroken family of a two-year-old Brisbane girl who was allegedly tortured and killed by her own parents have released footage from the toddler's funeral.

Blonde-haired, blue-eyed Maddilyn-Rose Ava Stokes was fondly remembered as a 'loving and bubbly little girl' by devastated loved ones - who cried over her little white casket as they said their goodbyes.

Up to forty people gathered to celebrate the life of the toddler which was cut short when she went into cardiac arrest days after receiving horrific burns at home.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...king-video-funeral-toddler.html#ixzz4mUwNo7Ba

Heartbreaking. Rest In Peace Little Angel Maddilyn-Rose

Poor little child, we will never know - but the parents probably only took her to the hospital when her burns started to become infected. JMOO

Update from 2021-

<snipped>Stokes was sentenced to 11 years in jail, while Moore was given a nine-and-a-half-year jail term over the death of their daughter.<snipped>

More at link-

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlternativeLuck
Back