FL - Multiple fatalities in Shooting in Orlando, 5th June 2017

gregjrichards

Reaction score
Breaking News

Multiple people are dead after a shooting at an Orlando, Florida business Monday morning.

The Orange County Sheriff's Office tweeted at 9:12am that there had been 'multiple fatalities' in the shooting but that the situation has been 'stabilized'.

They confirmed that there is no shooter at large, but would not say whether the shooter has been taken into custody or is dead.

The shooting happened around 8am, near the Gerber Collision and Class Center, in an industrial area on North Forsyth Road near Hanging Moss Road.

No further details - such as the exact number of fatalities or the cause of the shooting - have been released.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...dead-Orlando-mass-shooting.html#ixzz4j8THL36u
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

I heard on Fox the police will be having a PC soon.

What a sad day.

Jun 5 2017, 10:23 am ET

Orlando Shooting: Multiple Fatalities Reported After Gunfire Erupts at Business

by Kalhan Rosenblatt

Multiple people were killed in a shooting at a business in Orlando, Florida, on Monday morning, according to Orange County Sheriff's Office.

The shooting was first reported around 8 a.m., according to NBC News affiliate WESH.
An Orange County spokesman confirmed to NBC News that the suspect was dead, but did not specify how that person died...

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...orted-after-shooting-orlando-business-n768256

It's a sad statment when I see headlines such as this and have to look to see if it's a new thread or not.

Same thing happened with the London thread. I thought it was old news at first.

:sigh:

Per your link

A sister of one of the employees told reporters gathered at the scene that her relative was using the bathroom when she heard a "loud bang."

.....that when she exited the bathroom, she saw a deceased victim on the ground.

Jun 5 2017, 10:23 am ET

Orlando Shooting: Multiple Fatalities Reported After Gunfire Erupts at Business

by Kalhan Rosenblatt

Multiple people were killed in a shooting at a business in Orlando, Florida, on Monday morning, according to Orange County Sheriff's Office.

The shooting was first reported around 8 a.m., according to NBC News affiliate WESH.
An Orange County spokesman confirmed to NBC News that the suspect was dead, but did not specify how that person died...

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...orted-after-shooting-orlando-business-n768256

Survivor called from bathroom: ‘My boss is dead’

Associated Press 9:29 a.m. ET June 5, 2017

Orlando, Fla. — Multiple people are dead after a shooting inside a business in an industrial park on Monday. Authorities converged on the area and announced that the situation has been contained.
Shelley Adams said her sister, Sheila McIntyre, called her from the company’s bathroom during the shooting and was very upset.

She kept repeating “My boss is dead. My boss is dead,” Adams said...

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/nation/2017/06/05/florida-shooting/102511530/

Such a horrible thing to read. These people reported to work like any other day and then, all of a sudden, they are murdered by some disgruntled co-worker. I just don't understand how our society has come to this. Ten years ago I never would have believed or expected these incidents to become the norm and almost an everyday occurrence.

It's a sad statment when I see headlines such as this and have to look to see if it's a new thread or not.

Same thing happened with the London thread. I thought it was old news at first.

:sigh:

Dear Bird of Paradise,

That was exactly my initial reaction.

Sending prayers of strength, comfort and love to the families who lost their loved ones in this senseless tragedy.

Saddens my heart so much.

Such a horrible thing to read. These people reported to work like any other day and then, all of a sudden, they are murdered by some disgruntled co-worker. I just don't understand how our society has come to this. Ten years ago I never would have believed or expected these incidents to become the norm and almost an everyday occurrence.

ITA! Blondie! :(

It seems more and more there are many in our society who refuse to take accountability and blame for their own actions/wrongdoing. The sore losers must harm totally innocent others instead of looking at themselves. Why we have become a society with so many in it that must blame someone else for everything and I truly don't know how we got here.

At one time Americans were strong enough to look inwardly, and take full responsibility for their own actions/mistakes/bad choices even if it was their family members including their own children if they had erred.

But now it seems blame is placed anywhere else other than were it should be placed. Why we have so many who constantly seem to never want to admit their own wrongdoings or that of their children etc is puzzling to me. The saying 'not my child or children' has become so commonplace. :(

I have no doubt this sore loser was another who acted out violently because they just couldn't accept they were most likely the main one at fault for all of their perceived problems.

I certainly hope we see a drastic change in attitude where more and more people will once again return to admitting their own faults/mistakes or those in their own family, while learning from their mistakes to make them even stronger instead of lashing out so violently against others.

Prayers for all of the family members who have had their lives changed forever by losing their precious family members who were only going about their workday to fulfill their job duties where they were employed. How very tragic and sad.:(

It's SO SAD. I believe a acts like this are terrorism, too. Absolutely. And I just don't understand why this continues to happen. I just know it's going to be for some pathetic reason (not that any reason is justified), like they were fired or some office love triangle or something.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

Can someone please update us on the presser? I'm unable to watch.

Thanks in advance!

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

Jun 5 2017, 11:57 am ET

Orlando Shooting: 5 Killed at RV Business by Angry Ex-Employee

by Kalhan Rosenblatt

A disgruntled former employee at an Orlando, Florida RV accessory business fatally shot five workers Monday morning before turning the gun on himself, according to the Orange County Sheriff's Office.

The shooting was first reported around 8 a.m. at the headquarters for Fiamma, Inc. Once deputies arrived on scene, they found three men and one woman already dead, Orange County Sheriff Jerry Demings said during a press conference.

A fifth man was transported to a nearby hospital where he died, according to Demings.
The 45-year-old suspect, who was fired from Fiamma Inc. in April, shot himself, Demings said. The suspect's name was not released...

ETA: Updated link to CNN website article (same as Apple News article now)
http://www.cnn.com/2017/06/05/us/orlando-fatalities
- - -

6 people dead in Orlando workplace shooting - CNN. This is from Apple News, it may not open if you do not have the app:
https://apple.news/A68zfi9NCQgWIZGoxVSTp_w

4 men, 1 woman and the gunman are dead; 7 people survived

The gunman, 45, was fired from Fiamma in April, Demings said. [Orange County Sheriff Jerry Demings]

Fiamma makes accessories for recreational vehicles

He had a minor police record and no association with any subversive or terrorist group, Demings said.
Police had responded to a battery complaint against the gunman at Fiamma in 2014. The victim of that incident was not among the dead Monday, Demings said.

The articles are somewhat confusing to me. It says 7 workers survived. Does that mean they ran and hid perhaps and weren't shot or does it mean they have non-life threatening injures?

He sounds like he was bad news with a temper.

I worked for over 45 years during my career and not one time was there even a fight between any of the employees. There were a few arguments at times and then they cooled off after talking it over and that was that.

He should have truly been fired back then but perhaps they were too afraid to fire him at that time but he must have gone on to be even more of a problem with them finally resorting to firing him back in April of this year.

It sure shows how he stewed in his own negative pity party juices and was most likely plotting from the time he was fired planning to return to murder as many as he could.

<modsnip>

We are probably more at risk of death in a workplace incident than in a terror attack. I'm concerned about it a lot. In my line of business there are a lot of crazies and a lot of anger. And now there is a tenant in my office building who has me worried. She's also a female attorney. But she has A LOT of drama. And constant, different boyfriends. I don't know why she brings guys she's dating immediately into her work life. But she does. And a couple have been threatening stalker types. They come to my door looking for her. Ugh.

I never forget the Seal Beach hair salon massacre. Dude came in to kill his ex and killed a bunch of other women as well. Probably thought they supported her or something.

Scares me.

The articles are somewhat confusing to me. It says 7 workers survived. Does that mean they ran and hid perhaps and weren't shot or does it mean they have non-life threatening injures?

He sounds like he was bad news with a temper.

I worked for over 45 years during my career and not one time was there even a fight between any of the employees. There were a few arguments at times and then they cooled off after talking it over and that was that.

He should have truly been fired back then but perhaps they were too afraid to fire him at that time but he must have gone on to be even more of a problem with them finally resorting to firing him back in April of this year.

It sure shows how he stewed in his own negative pity party juices and was most likely plotting from the time he was fired planning to return to murder as many as he could.

i think it means 7 others were somewhere inside and not injured. ("Seven others were inside the business when the shootings took place." http://www.cnn.com/2017/06/05/us/orlando-fatalities)

According to their business profile, they have 8 employees (may not be currently or not all those in the building at the time were employees). http://www.buzzfile.com/business/Fiamma-Inc-407-672-0091

- - -
It seems they were probably all employees:
The shooting happened in multiple locations at the business, Demings said. It is unclear how the shooter, who has not been identified, got into the building. There were about 12 employees inside the building at the time of the shooting.

much more info here
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/breaking-news/os-forsyth-shooting-20170605-story.html

- - -
The gunman was a 45-year-old former employee who was fired in April, Demings said. The ex-worker came into the building armed with a gun and a knife and fatally shot four men and a woman then turned the gun on himself. There is no indication that the knife was used.
http://www.clickorlando.com/news/shooting-investigated-at-warehouse-in-orange-county

- - -

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine
Back