Identified! NY - Yonkers, Skeletal remains wrapped in carpet, Jun'17 - Michael Newman

Gardener1850

Timeline Guru (Still Remembering Cupcake)
Reaction score
Skeletal remains were discovered wrapped up in a carpet outside of a building in Yonkers Monday afternoon, according to police.

The remains were found in the area of 165 Bruce Avenue and reported to police just before 4:30 p.m., authorities said.
Investigators sent to the scene concluded the remains were human and likely discarded where they were found. It is not clear how long the remains had been at the location, though authorities said they were "aged."
http://www.lohud.com/story/news/crime/2017/06/06/yonkers-skeletal-remains-discovered/372679001/

Detectives from the Major Case Unit and Crime Scene Unit are investigating the incident, speaking with witnesses, recovering surveillance video, and processing forensic evidence, he said.

Preliminary information has found the aged remains were possibly discarded at the location where they were discovered, and detectives are working to determine the identity and origins of the deceased, police said.
http://yonkers.dailyvoice.com/news/human-skeletal-remains-found-wrapped-in-carpet-in-yonkers/712969/

Have mercy. At least someone will have some questions answered.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk

I just came across this one with a news video http://westchester.news12.com/story/35598391/human-remains-found-in-yonkers

YONKERS -
Detectives are trying to determine the identity of the person whose skeletal remains were found covered in maggots and wrapped up in a carpet in Yonkers.
Yonkers police officials say they will be working closely with the Westchester County Medical Examiner's Office after the gruesome discovery at 165 Bruce Ave. Monday.
Investigators tell News 12 the remains were likely human and most likely dumped where they were found.
Neighbors say that carpet was on the side of this building for weeks before the landlord finally noticed when he went to take it to a dumpster.
Detectives are speaking with people in the area, checking surveillance video and processing forensic evidence.

I was reading this and thinking well if it did not smell the person died some time ago.. then the woman mentions that it looked like a good rug.. I saw another photo in another article it looked like one of those big older Persian rugs with fringes. Makes me wonder if the person was old and died of natural causes and someone is still living in the home that the rug came from.... I think its interesting that it did not smell yet it had maggots..

http://abc7ny.com/news/skeletal-remains-found-bundled-in-carpet-in-yonkers/2067532/

YONKERS, New York (WABC) --
Police are investigating after a gruesome discovery outside an apartment building in Yonkers.

Skeletal remains were found wrapped in a carpet, and investigators are now trying to figure out the identity and cause of death.

Neighbors said they noticed the carpet a week ago, and authorities believe the body may have been there for some time.

"It's just pretty crazy that that was there the entire time," resident David Echevarria said. "We passed it a whole bunch of times. We even talked about picking it up for ourselves because it looked like a good rug."

The landlord of 165 Bruce Avenue made the grisly find while clearing garbage that had piled up, and there was an instant commotion when he lowered the carpet that had been standing on end.

"I went outside, and you could see it, a rolled up rug," Echevarria said. "And right out of it, you see a small skull with teeth still intact."

One woman who didn't want to be identified said she couldn't quite understand her dog's strange behavior of late during walks.

"She always tried to go to the rug," she said. "I was fearful of bedbugs, so I would yell at her not to go near it, not knowing there was a dead body in there."

The remains were mostly skeletal, and residents say there was no foul odor that might have otherwise tipped them off. The medical examiner will now try to identify the victim, determine the cause of death, as well as when the person died.

Police say the incident likely had nothing to do with the building.

Anyone with information is urged to contact authorities.

has anyone heard any more information on the this?

Usually when I hear about a body rolled up in a carpet or rug I think body packer. This one seems different because of the burning. The video is great. From what I can see in it the rug appears to be a good quality fake Persian rug. Fake because the fringes look like they're sewn on as opposed to hand knotted extensions of the warp. Good because it's not stiff and the pattern is visible on the back since the pattern is woven in, not printed on. http://www.catalinarug.com/blog/how-to-spot-out-authentic-persian-rugs/

The mandible sitting on the ground next to the carpet is that of a male.

The cop's leg was in the way of getting a complete view, so i had to piece it together from two different portions of the video.

2017 Yonkers Mandible in Rug.jpg

I'm kind of confused if it was just there for a week... but had already skeletonized. I thought that took a long period of time, and would have really stank. If the body was burnt would it still have not given off a smell? Super strange and scary

I know this is probably silly but I'm seeing all this about a burned corpse wrapped in a rug. As I'm concentrating on the video I notice to the right there's a telephone pole charred from an apparent fire of some sort from the ground up 2 -3 ft upwards. Just sayin'...lol

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I also thought that what we see as charred remains may actually be preserved remains as opposed to burned. Bc to a layman that may be how it appears somehow.

oh your right it could be a mummy in the rug and to the untrained person it could look like it was charred.. if it was mummified for a long time in another location and then picked up rolled up in the rug and dumped by the building it could explain why their was no strong smell is a thought I had. I wonder if there is anyone near by doing any renovations to a house or apartment?
I also thought that what we see as charred remains may actually be preserved remains as opposed to burned. Bc to a layman that may be how it appears somehow.

there are a couple old men missing from the areas near by in the Bronx.. I actually noticed and did not realize how many there are old men missing...

http://nypdnews.com/tag/missing-person/

Missing: 1016-17-49-Pct-Missing-4-15-17-931x1024[1].jpg
Cameron, Clarance
87-year-old male Black
2275 Olinville Avenue
Bronx, NY
*It was reported to the police that Clarance Cameron was last seen on Saturday, April 15, 2017 at 5:30*p.m. at his residence. He is 5’11” tall, 175 pounds, with a heavy build, dark complexion and brown eyes. He was last seen wearing a gray hat, a gray suit, a red and beige polo shirt and black shoes. He may be using a blue walker.

*Missing: 644-17-46-SQD-Missing-03-02-17-PHOTO[1].jpg
Figuereo, Manuel
75 year-old male
1684 Nelson Avenue
Bronx, NY
It was reported to police that the missing was last seen on Thursday March 2, 2017, inside of 1684 Nelson Avenue, at approximately 7:00*p.m. The missing is described as a male Hispanic, 5’2″ tall, 140lbs, brown eyes and gray hair; last seen wearing a black hat with the words, “Happy New Year’s”, on it, a brown coat and black pants.

Missing: 967-17-42-PDU-Missing-04-03-17-PHOTO-700x1024[1].jpg
Diaz, Carmelo
75 year-old male
1182 Washington Avenue
Bronx, NY
*It was reported to police that the missing was last seen on Monday April 3, 2017, inside of 1182 Washington Avenue, at approximately 8:13*a.m. The missing is described as a male Hispanic, 5’9″ tall, 170lbs, brown eyes and partially balding salt and pepper hair; last seen wearing a red, blue and green flannel jacket, blue jeans, a red baseball cap and white sneakers.

*Missing:RMA-360-17-44-Pct-MiSSING-Jaime-Palermo-704x1024[1].jpg
Palermo, Jaime
74-year-old male Hispanic
1188 Sherman Avenue, Apt#2
Bronx, NY
*Jaime Palermo was last seen Wednesday, February 1, 2017 at 1:00*p.m. inside of his residence. He is described as being approximately 5’1″ tall, weighing 135 lbs., with a thin build, mustache, brown eyes and grey hair. He was last seen wearing a multi-colored baseball cap, black jeans, black sneakers and a black jacket.

Missing:473-17-Missing-43-Pct-PictureC[1].jpg
Pichardo, Ramon
80-year-old male Hispanic
1824 McGraw Avenue
Bronx, NY
*It was reported to police that Ramon Pichardo was last seen Thursday, December 15, 2016 at 6:00*p.m. at his residence. He is described as being approximately 5’10” tall, weighing 125 lbs. and gray hair. He was last seen wearing a blue baseball hat with an American eagle on the front, a black jacket, blue jeans and black boots.* Mr. Pichardo wears glasses and is missing several teeth in the front of his mouth.

Missing:
Cantos, Joel
71-year-old male*
333 West 86 Street, Apt#301
Manhattan, NY
*It was reported to the police that Joel Cantos was last seen Friday, May 19, 2017 at 4:30*p.m. leaving his residence. He is described as being approximately 5’9″ tall, weighing 154 lbs., with a thin build, light complexion, brown eyes and gray hair. He was last seen wearing a black track suit.

this guy went missing on the other side of Van Cortlandt park.. on the opposite end of the park the Carpet was found...

Missing:RMA2615-16-52-Pct-Missing-09-10-16[1].jpg
Pagan, Angelo
72-year-old Hispanic male
3530 Rochambeau Avenue*
Bronx, NY
*Mr. Pagan was last seen on Saturday, September 10, 2016 at 11:30*a.m. inside of his residence. He is 5’8″ tall, 120 pounds, with a thin build, a dark complexion, grey hair and brown eyes. He was last seen wearing a dark green t-shirt, blue jeans and black Puma sneakers.

[h=1]Yonkers PD release pictures of jewelry found with skeletal remains[/h]
636331409709254862-jewlery-2.JPG

636331409709254862-jewlery-3.JPG

636331409711282888-jewlery-4.JPG

http://www.lohud.com/story/news/cri...res-jewelry-found-skeletal-remains/401309001/

Oh wow this is a great find Gardener1850 hopefully someone can recognize the jewelry . To me it looks like it's an older mans jewlery as the watch looks kind of vintage (I could be wrong) I can't tell what the brand is or anything written, I wish it were clearer. Also looking at the ring it looked like the person had lost weight and they taped the ring to make it fit their finger.The ring also looks well worn. Again this article mentions that the remains were AGED but does not give a time frame of what AGED is...I wish I could read what the watch says to be able to find out perhaps when its from.
[h=1]Yonkers PD release pictures of jewelry found with skeletal remains[/h]
636331409709254862-jewlery-2.JPG

636331409709254862-jewlery-3.JPG

636331409711282888-jewlery-4.JPG

http://www.lohud.com/story/news/cri...res-jewelry-found-skeletal-remains/401309001/

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back