NY NY - Sylvia Lwowski, 22, Staten Island, 6 Sept 1975 - #5

Richard

Reaction score
sylvialwowski.jpg

Sylvia Alice Lwowski, 22, Missing since September 6, 1975 from Staten Island, NY

Sylvia Alice Lwowski
Missing since September 6, 1975 from Staten Island, Richmond County, New York
Classification: Missing

Vital Statistics

Date of Birth: April 28, 1953
Age at Time of Disappearance: 22 years old
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'4-5'6"; 120-125 lbs.
Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Long, straight blonde hair; hazel eyes. Wears glasses.
Marks, Scars: Pierced ears.
Jewelry: Heart shaped engagement ring; a watch. She was carrying a handbag.
Dentals: Not available.
Fingerprints: Available

Circumstances of Disappearance

On September 6, 1975, Sylvia went out with her fiance to a movie. He returned stating that during an argument, she thew her glasses against the dashboard and ran from the car. Sylvia has not been seen since.

Investigators
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:

New York City Police
718-834-4580

Agency Case Number: 10074

Source Information:

Namus
The Doe Network: Case File 2928DFNY

LINK:

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/2928dfny.html

===============

Sometimes when I come here to read and post, I see that we have a guest reading our posts; I imagine that it could be Sylvia's fiance's lawyer, looking for a legal argument against his guilt in her disappearance

You know what still really bugs me? Sylvia is not listed as a missing person with the New York State Police. That is also true of the NYPD,but they at least had the cold case squad look at her case. I wonder why she isn't on either site as a missing person? Because they don't consider her a vulnerable person, or one who is in some sort of danger?

I just went back to 4 years ago in this forum, when MMQC and ASWDEERHUNTER became verified insiders, and it looked, at the time, like there really was a possibility that this case could actually be solved. It was so interesting hearing the details from them

I contacted Mr. Robert Zerby, the medical case investigator for Irondequoit Jane Doe, and asked him why Sylvia hasn't been listed as a rule-out for this unidentified woman, since the Namus case mgr said Sylvia had already been considered by LE. He said she'd been tentatively ruled out because of the dentals, even though Sylvia had no dental records on file; but they were going to compare the DNA. This confused me because I was under the impression that they weren't able to obtail a DNA profile for Irondequoit Jane Doe. In any event, I guess we'll find out eventually, when and if Sylvia's name ends up on the list of missing women who have been ruled out.

I wonder why no age progression was ever done on Sylvia. Is it because there is some clue that she is not a missing person, but just haven't found her body?

I just went back to 4 years ago in this forum, when MMQC and ASWDEERHUNTER became verified insiders, and it looked, at the time, like there really was a possibility that this case could actually be solved. It was so interesting hearing the details from them

I can't believe we are on thread #5. Yes, we were all hopeful and passionate, and the fact that Tricia's radio program featured Sylvia's brother speaking out, and a newspaper article was published, that the cold case squad was involved, and more pictures of Sylvia were published sure gave me some hope that it would attract some clues, attract others who knew her back in the day, that someone who knew something would say something...

For the last 4 years, as we all discussed this case, I have thought that SOMETHING positive would happen (like, Sylvia would come out of hiding, or one of her long forgotten friends would chime in with something), but it's never happened. I guess I shouldn't be surprised; it never really does happen in other cases, either. Still, we can hope that eventually maybe there will be something more than what we have here now. I miss Dushi, Skeet and Goingbymygut, though

Bringing some more of Sylvia's pictures forward for new thread. Where's our girl?

attachment.php

Just beautiful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes-just like MMQC said, Sylvia is a head turner. So much so, that you'd think more people from college or her sorority would have had some interest in what happened to her. (Not that beauty should or would be the driving force of anything). But, at least here, we haven't seen it. Impossible to know who may have contacted LE, though. I really hope that the police have much more information than we know.

Yes-just like MMQC said, Sylvia is a head turner. So much so, that you'd think more people from college or her sorority would have had some interest in what happened to her. (Not that beauty should or would be the driving force of anything). But, at least here, we haven't seen it. Impossible to know who may have contacted LE, though. I really hope that the police have much more information than we know.

I agree. It's hard to believe someone hasn't gone through old photos or talked to an old friend and thought of her and wondered. Like you guys, I have a feeling some of her friends lurk and read these posts...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wonder why no age progression was ever done on Sylvia. Is it because there is some clue that she is not a missing person, but just haven't found her body?

Yeah we talked about this a lot; I was under the impression that Sylvia's brother either provided or offered to provide photos for an age progression. But since he believes she is dead maybe he hasn't pursued it.

I received an email today from Robert Zerby, the chief medical investigator in the case of Irondequoit Jane Doe, telling me that, after comparing the DNA reports frm both women, that they are not associated in any way. I did not expect them to be; rather, I was looking for a reason why Sylvia hadn't already been listed as a rule-out. Still, since I only contacted his office last week, I am amazed to have this information so quickly.

I received an email today from Robert Zerby, the chief medical investigator in the case of Irondequoit Jane Doe, telling me that, after comparing the DNA reports frm both women, that they are not associated in any way. I did not expect them to be; rather, I was looking for a reason why Sylvia hadn't already been listed as a rule-out. Still, since I only contacted his office last week, I am amazed to have this information so quickly.

Thank you for confirming this Jmoose. This is important to know because while the DNA didn't match, what we know is Sylvia had perfect teeth. That sketch of Irondequoit Jane Doe is the closest resemblance to her in the unidentified database with the exception of her smile.

Sylvia had no cavities according to her brother. And, Sylvia has an obvious Hollywood smile in her photographs. I only know one person, a friend of mine with perfect teeth her whole life. It is definitely a genetic marker that would be backed up by DNA.

--IMO

You know, beautiful women often have many suitors... Was Sylvia an exception?

I don't think so.

--IMO

You know, beautiful women often have many suitors... Was Sylvia an exception?

I don't think so.

--IMO

I agree with this-there would have been other interested men. But, to what end? And why no subsequent interest by any of them after her disappearance? Do men hang on to a notion of a possible relationship long after the last time they've seen a woman in whom they are interested? I wonder if any of these potential suitors would have googled her and found out that she is, and has been, missing since shortly after college graduation. I wish we knew who "Red" was.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amberraff
Back