Found Deceased VA - Juanita Coffield, 77, Chesapeake, 3 June 2017

Gardener1850

Timeline Guru (Still Remembering Cupcake)
Reaction score
20170603_155128.jpg

CHESAPEAKE, Va. - The search continues for a missing 77-year-old woman with dementia. Law enforcement agencies have been searching for Juanita Coffield since Saturday.

Her son Vincent and daughter in law Connie told News 3 they noticed she was missing Saturday morning, believing she wandered off between 5 and 6 a.m.

The Virginia Department of Emergency Management joined Chesapeake Police in the search Sunday. They are utilizing K9 units, horse units, man trackers and aviation.
http://wtkr.com/2017/06/07/search-for-a-missing-77-year-old-woman-continues/

Juanita Coffield is from the area of the 1800 block of Benefit Road.

Sometime Saturday morning between 3 a.m. and 6 a.m. the 77-year-old female left her residence in an unknown direction, police said.

Police officers on scene canvassed the area looking for Coffield who was last seen wearing a pink shirt and purple pants.
http://wtkr.com/2017/06/03/chesapeake-police-search-for-missing-woman-with-dementia/

I personally cared for Nita Love for a few years. Heres what I can tell you guys. She had an abhorrent hatred for her son, and would always call him "that boy". This was because he was her legal guardian after the city condemned her home and blamed him for it being torn down.

She loved Elvis and LOVED to dance.
She could never recall her age.
She loves grits and "brown bread"
She, having dementia, was always under the impression she was abducted.
She does not know how to care for herself, even on medications. (Recurrent UTIs)
She was CRAFTY. I mean, we had windows that would lock six inches down. She managed many times to climb out of them from her bedroom.
She loved painting her nails.
She loves fuzzy and soft clothing.
She loves drawing in her eyebrows her black.
She loves "lippies"
Her favorite color is purple.
She has ALWAYS been eccentric. Think colorful clothes, interesting jewelry, interesting sunglasses, loves wearing necklaces regardless of how real or fake they are.
She will wear what SHE likes, be it made for a man or woman.
If it has bells or bows shes all over it.
She loves stuffed animals.
She is convincing as heck about where she wants to go and WILL hitchhike.
"Everyone knows me, they're all my friends"
She hated walking on roads because they were too hard on her feet. You would often times catch her walking through the middle of peoples yards on strolls.

Ty for this information. If you haven't done so yet, perhaps you might be interested in becoming a verified insider here at WS. Here's a link to more info.
Thanks again for this helpful informatiin!!

Verified Professional and Insider Members

I personally cared for Nita Love for a few years. Heres what I can tell you guys. She had an abhorrent hatred for her son, and would always call him "that boy". This was because he was her legal guardian after the city condemned her home and blamed him for it being torn down.

She loved Elvis and LOVED to dance.
She could never recall her age.
She loves grits and "brown bread"
She, having dementia, was always under the impression she was abducted.
She does not know how to care for herself, even on medications. (Recurrent UTIs)
She was CRAFTY. I mean, we had windows that would lock six inches down. She managed many times to climb out of them from her bedroom.
She loved painting her nails.
She loves fuzzy and soft clothing.
She loves drawing in her eyebrows her black.
She loves "lippies"
Her favorite color is purple.
She has ALWAYS been eccentric. Think colorful clothes, interesting jewelry, interesting sunglasses, loves wearing necklaces regardless of how real or fake they are.
She will wear what SHE likes, be it made for a man or woman.
If it has bells or bows shes all over it.
She loves stuffed animals.
She is convincing as heck about where she wants to go and WILL hitchhike.
"Everyone knows me, they're all my friends"
She hated walking on roads because they were too hard on her feet. You would often times catch her walking through the middle of peoples yards on strolls.

Are you still in contact with famiy members/friends/associates/care givers?
Where does she like to rest when walking/touring around town?
Is she violent if approached by strangers?
Does she have people/places where she may go to visit? Hide?
Would she be out stalking/looking for her son?
If she would see a family member/friend make an appeal on television, would she recognize them or respond in some way?
Just a few curiosities I have spining in my head.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77
Back