Race: White female
Hair color: Red/auburn, dark red
Eyes Color: Brown
Height: 65.0
Weight: 130.0
Clothing/Scars and Marks:
size 8.5 shoes

No photos disponible

The reporting party stated that her father took Diana out one day. He returned without her and stated he had put her on a bus to Missouri.The family asn't seen Diana since.

I've searched everywhere I could think of for a photo of her and haven't found one. She's been on Namus with no photo for years. ��

Have been looking as well.. there has got to be something on her out there.

do you think the years may be off? OR her age? I found a Diana Laughlin who graduated 1973 in Illinois and another one who graduated in 1967 in Ohio.

I find this case odd. I wonder why he sent her to Missouri instead of Indiana or Wisconsin which is closer to Chicago?

This is a tough one with so little info and no rhyme nor reason of why she left or her extact destination was to be. Very similar to Vicki Mynard all thou at least VM has a few photos.

I wonder what the relation of the reporting party was to Diana. How it is written makes it seem like they are not related to her?

Even the little info available is a bit creepy IMO ....

That's how I feel about it. There's something odd and unsettling about it. I'm assuming that they believe she is deceased based on the Investigator Information which is in Joliet, Illinois. Joliet is around 50 minutes from Chicago

I'm wondering if the middle name is actually "Kay" instead of K?

That's how I feel about it. There's something odd and unsettling about it. I'm assuming that they believe she is deceased based on the Investigator Information which is in Joliet, Illinois. Joliet is around 50 minutes from Chicago

I'm wondering if the middle name is actually "Kay" instead of K?

Absolutely unsettling, "K" is the initial but for some reason I'm leaning towards her middle name being Kay or Katherine

Gene Sullivan w/Will County Coroners office was working cold case MP/UID this may have been one he came across and had it added to NAMUS.
Will County turns to Smithsonian to help identify victims

Last edited:
IL – Diana K Laughlin, W/F, 24, Chicago, Cook Co – 1 Jan 1975

Diana K Laughlin

Last Contact: Wednesday, January 1st, 1975
Missing From: Chicago, Cook County, Illinois
**Case Reported: February 22nd, 2013

Physical Description:

Race: White
Sex: Female
DOB:
Height:
5’5” (65”)
Weight: 130 lbs.
Hair: Red/Auburn (Dark Red)
Eye Color: Brown
Clothing: Shoe Size 8.5
Characteristics/Medical/Scars:
Transportation:
Bus
Fingerprint Status: Not Available
Dental Status: Not Available
DNA Status: Samples submitted – Tests complete

Circumstances:
The reporting party stated that Diana’s father took her out one day and later returned saying he had put her on a bus to Missouri.

Investigating Agencies:
Will County Coroner
158 N. Scott Street
Joilet, IL. 60432
Tele: 815.727.8455
MP Case # 19411
Web:
https://www.willcountyillinois.com/County-Offices/Judicial-Services/Coroner

Information Sources:
NAMUS
MP Case # 19411: Missing Person Case
Case Manager: Melissa Gregory
Tele: 817.304.0893
E-Mail: Melissa.Gregory@unthsc.edu

News/Blogs:
Illinois Cold Case: http://ilcoldcases.blogspot.com/2018/01/missing-for-43-years-diana-k-laughlin.html

SOOO many questions. There has got to be more out there on her! I can’t find a thing.

Forgive the late bump by a new account, but I was looking through old NAMUS files and I wonder if there's a possibility that this Doe could be Diana K Laughlin?

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Height and weight are the same. Red haired. Doe was found right on the border to Missouri, right outside St. Louis, which made me think of this poor girl and her father's discussion of her.

However, the doe has all dentures on the top half of her mouth -- which isn't mentioned in Diana's file. The age is off by quite a bit, and I'm not sure how significant/reliable that is. Worth submitting, or likely not?

Absolutely unsettling, "K" is the initial but for some reason I'm leaning towards her middle name being Kay or Katherine

Gene Sullivan w/Will County Coroners office was working cold case MP/UID this may have been one he came across and had it added to NAMUS.
Will County turns to Smithsonian to help identify victims
Yes, I believe her middle name is Kay.

I found a person named Diana Kay Laughlin on MyHeritage. Born aug-50 in Missouri, the age matches. No more information on her though. Maybe she was put on a bus to Missouri because she had relatives living there? Just a theory.

Really annoying when NAMUS pages go down and we've no idea if they were found or what happened.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine
Back