Found Deceased KY - Christie Witcher, 24, Bowling Green, 30 July 1993

Missing Person Case

Photos of Christie have been added to her NamUs profile.

Original
Original

Human remains found in 1995 identified
By Madison Pergrem |Posted: Mon 12:27 PM, Feb 24, 2020

PULASKI COUNTY, Ky. (WYMT) - Human remains found in western Pulaski County in 1995 have now been identified.

The FBI assisted in the identification process.

On February 21, the sheriff's office was notified DNA matched Christie York Witcher of Allen County, Kentucky
The Pulaski County Sheriff's Office says in July of 1995, two people were hunting off of Piney Grove Road in Nancy, Kentucky when they found the skeletal remains of a woman in a wooded area.
With no identification information found near the area the case was placed into the National Missing and Unidentified Persons System.

Witcher was reported missing to the Allen County Sheriff's Office in July of 1993.
The investigation into Witcher's disappearance and death are still ongoing.

By Madison Pergrem |Posted: Mon 12:27 PM, Feb 24, 2020

PULASKI COUNTY, Ky. (WYMT) - Human remains found in western Pulaski County in 1995 have now been identified.

The FBI assisted in the identification process.

On February 21, the sheriff's office was notified DNA matched Christie York Witcher of Allen County, Kentucky
The Pulaski County Sheriff's Office says in July of 1995, two people were hunting off of Piney Grove Road in Nancy, Kentucky when they found the skeletal remains of a woman in a wooded area.
With no identification information found near the area the case was placed into the National Missing and Unidentified Persons System.

Witcher was reported missing to the Allen County Sheriff's Office in July of 1993.
The investigation into Witcher's disappearance and death are still ongoing.

Link to Pulasky County Jane Doe - KY - KY - Nancy, WhtFem Skeletal 39UFKY, 24-45, synovial joint pathology, Jul'95

Rest in Peace Christie

Remains identified of woman missing from Scottsville for more than 25 years
February 25, 2020 by Deborah Highland

SCOTTSVILLE, Ky. – More than 25 years ago Christie Witcher walked away from her home in a Scottsville trailer park and vanished.
Friday, her family learned the horrific details of her death.

Witcher’s skeletal remains were found in a shallow grave in Pulaski County in the mid 1990s. Her throat had been cut. Until Friday, no one knew the identity of the remains.
Through the use of modern forensics, authorities determined the remains were of Christie Witcher. Her family has plans to bring her back home to Allen County.
“I just thought that she had left me. I had just come to terms with it,” Allen Witcher said of his mother. Allen was only three years old when his mother disappeared.
Witcher said the news is like something out of television show and never something he thought would become part of his reality.
“It raises more questions than anything,” he said.
His mother missing is the only memory of her that he has.

Christie Witcher’s sister Peggy Mandrell said Christie’s disappearance has always nagged at her. She wanted to know if her sister was alive and living under another name. She frequently checked online records to see if she could find any mention of her.
Ten years ago Mandrell provided her DNA to the FBI. Months ago she learned her DNA had some similarities to a Jane Doe found in the National Missing and Unidentified Persons System, NamUS. Law enforcement reached out and asked for DNA samples from two of Christie’s three children.
Friday, the family learned about Christie’s death.

Her remains are at the state Medical Examiner’s Office in Louisville and will soon be brought home for a proper memorial.
“We’re going to give her the best memorial we can,” Mandrell said.

Remains identified of woman missing from Scottsville for more than 25 years - WNKY 40 News

I apologize if my posts aren't formatted correctly, I have been a longtime follower but not too familiar with posting! :)

Remains identified of woman missing from Scottsville for more than 25 years
February 25, 2020 by Deborah Highland

SCOTTSVILLE, Ky. – More than 25 years ago Christie Witcher walked away from her home in a Scottsville trailer park and vanished.
Friday, her family learned the horrific details of her death.

Witcher’s skeletal remains were found in a shallow grave in Pulaski County in the mid 1990s. Her throat had been cut. Until Friday, no one knew the identity of the remains.
Through the use of modern forensics, authorities determined the remains were of Christie Witcher. Her family has plans to bring her back home to Allen County.
“I just thought that she had left me. I had just come to terms with it,” Allen Witcher said of his mother. Allen was only three years old when his mother disappeared.
Witcher said the news is like something out of television show and never something he thought would become part of his reality.
“It raises more questions than anything,” he said.
His mother missing is the only memory of her that he has.

Christie Witcher’s sister Peggy Mandrell said Christie’s disappearance has always nagged at her. She wanted to know if her sister was alive and living under another name. She frequently checked online records to see if she could find any mention of her.
Ten years ago Mandrell provided her DNA to the FBI. Months ago she learned her DNA had some similarities to a Jane Doe found in the National Missing and Unidentified Persons System, NamUS. Law enforcement reached out and asked for DNA samples from two of Christie’s three children.
Friday, the family learned about Christie’s death.

Her remains are at the state Medical Examiner’s Office in Louisville and will soon be brought home for a proper memorial.
“We’re going to give her the best memorial we can,” Mandrell said.

Remains identified of woman missing from Scottsville for more than 25 years - WNKY 40 News

I apologize if my posts aren't formatted correctly, I have been a longtime follower but not too familiar with posting! :)
It looks perfect to me! Welcome!

Christie's obituary

https://www.twcrowfuneralhome.com/obituary/Christie-Witcher

In Memory of

Christie Denise York Witcher

July 21, 1969 – July 2, 1995

Christie Denise York Witcher, age 26 died in Pulaski County Kentucky.

Born in Scottsville, Kentucky, Christie was the daughter of Roger Dale York and the late Patsy Sue Goodnight Mahaney.

She is survived by her father, Roger Dale York (Patricia), daughter Rebecca Michelle York, two sons, Allen Michael Witcher and Scotty Wayne Witcher, sister Peggy Mandrell, three brothers, Billy Joe York, Michael Dale York, and Chester York, and step father Clarence Goodnight.

Visitation will be Saturday March 21, 2020 from 12:00 PM to 2:00 PM at the T. W. Crow & Son Funeral Home.

Funeral Services will be March 21, 2020 at 2:00 PM at the T. W. Crow & Son Funeral Home with burial in the Hickory Hill UMC Cemetery.

To send flowers to the family or plant a tree in memory of Christie Denise (York) Witcher, please visit our floral store.

Now to figure out who killed her. Hopefully, they haven't killed anyone else even though I think that's unlikely with someone willing to cut another person's throat. Any other cases similar to this that people have found?

I suppose we start with the usual suspects: father(s) of her children, boyfriend, ex-boyfriend, any roommates.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back