Age last seen: 32

Age now: 61
Race: White female
Hair color: Black
Eyes Color: Hazel
Height: 60.0 to 61.0
Weight: 98.0 to 102.0
Clothing/Scars and Marks:
Contact lenses or Glasses, Scar on left cheek under eye; Scar on lower back; Ears

No photos disponible

Kim did not show up for work on 7/9/1987. She had called her mother the evening of 7/8 and told her she was not feeling well, her allergies were bothering her and was going to bed early. They found her car (Toyota Celica 1987 maroon and red) locked, battery dead about 10 days after she became missing approx. 1/2 mile from her home

Anita Kim Tilden was born Anita Kim Setzer on 26 June 1955 in Kansas City Mo. She married David Lee Tilden in Jackson Mo on 24 January 1975. This is from Ancestry and there are pictures of Anita on Ancestry, but I cannot load them for some reason. She has (or had) two older siblings but I assume her parents have died as they would be in their 90s. Her family tree can be seen at http://www.genealogy.com/ftm/t/a/y/Gloria-Taylor/GENE3-0016.html

attachment.php

Raytown High School 1974
(Senior Year -12th Grade)

attachment.php

Raytown High School 1972
(Sophomore Year - 10th Grade)

attachment.php

Raytown Junior High School 1970
("Arts and Crafts" 8th Grade)

attachment.php

Raytown Junior High School 1970
(8th Grade)

Attachments

• Kim S 1974 Yearbook.png
    Kim S 1974 Yearbook.png
    138.5 KB · Views: 450
  • Kim S 1972 Yearbook.png
    Kim S 1972 Yearbook.png
    129.7 KB · Views: 215
  • Kim S 1970 Jr High Arts.png
    Kim S 1970 Jr High Arts.png
    238.3 KB · Views: 210
  • Kim S 8th Grade 1970.png
    Kim S 8th Grade 1970.png
    148.7 KB · Views: 205
Anita seems to have very distinct teeth in her senior picture. I feel like I have seen a JD with teeth like that before but I cannot remember where or find it now. Anyone?

Anita seems to have very distinct teeth in her senior picture. I feel like I have seen a JD with teeth like that before but I cannot remember where or find it now. Anyone?

The teeth remind me of Sheridan Jane Doe that was found in Wyoming in 1992.

Added to Charley Project: Anita Kim Tilden – The Charley Project

Anita Kim Tilden
  • tilden_anita.jpg
  • tilden_anita2.jpg
Tilden in the early 1970s (more recent photos are unavailable)

• Missing Since07/09/1987
  • Missing FromRaytown, Missouri
  • ClassificationEndangered Missing
  • Date of Birth06/26/1955 (63)
  • Age31 years old
  • Height and Weight5'0 - 5'1, 100 pounds
  • Distinguishing CharacteristicsCaucasian female. Black hair, hazel eyes. Tilden goes by her middle name, Kim, and her maiden name is Setzer. Her ears are pierced and she has a scar on her left cheek under her eye, and a scar on her lower back. She may wear eyeglasses or contact lenses.
Details of Disappearance
Tilden was last seen in Raytown, Missouri on July 9, 1987. She had called her mother the previous evening and said she wasn't feeling well because her allergies were acting up, and that she planned to go to bed early. She never arrived at work the next day and was reported missing.

Tilden's car, a maroon and red 1986 Toyota Celica, was found abandoned about half a mile from her residence ten days after she disappeared. It was locked and the battery was dead. There was no sign of Tilden at the scene. Her case remains unsolved.

NamUs: The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

I know this is 3 years too late but I came across Anita's case today and I thought the same thing. I searched around and I think the teeth look like Kiowa Jane Doe. Not sure if that's who you were thinking of, but that stood out to me. Some things match up but the distance is about 6-7 hours.

569UFOK

I know this is 3 years too late but I came across Anita's case today and I thought the same thing. I searched around and I think the teeth look like Kiowa Jane Doe. Not sure if that's who you were thinking of, but that stood out to me. Some things match up but the distance is about 6-7 hours.

569UFOK

I've always thought her teeth seemed somewhat similar to Penny Doe (246UFPA).

PennyDoe_Tilden.png

Her mother died in 2012. Kim was her only child.
Marcel Shew 1924-2012 - Ancestry®
Her father died in 2008. Her father married another woman and Kim has step siblings
https://www.legacy.com/us/obituaries/kansascity/name/floyd-setzer-obituary?id=4341354
She has 2 half siblings and some step siblings according to the father's obituary. I found a press cutting from 1987 from a tree on Ancestry. I am posting it here mainly because it has a picture which is markedly different to those already seen.

Attachments

• tilden.jpg
    tilden.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 13
From the article posted in thread. Kansas City Star, 24 Jul 87, pg 12. The posted article also mentioned that a neighbor saw her the evening of the 9th and she said she was planning to go to the Westport area (~ 10 miles away from Raytown, and less than 2 miles from the Kansas border).

1671765646023.png

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
imaguppynotashark
Back