GUILTY MA - Conrad Roy, 18, urged by friend, commits suicide, Fairhaven, 13 July 2014 #2 *guilty*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greater Than

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
cnn-conrad-roy.jpg

link

Texts revealed during trial of young woman accused of encouraging 18-year-old to commit suicide

June 8, 2017

Two months after Michelle Carter's 18-year-old then boyfriend Conrad Roy died of carbon monoxide poisoning after locking himself in his truck, Carter texted a classmate that "his death was my fault."

I could've stopped him," Carter texted a classmate in September 2014. Carter texted that she and Roy were on the phone the day of his suicide in July when Roy "got out of the car ... he was scared."

Carter texted that she "told him to get back in."

"I couldn't have him live the way he was living anymore," Carter texted the classmate. "I started giving up because nothing I did was helping, but I should've tried harder ... it's my fault, I could've stopped him ... all I had to say was, 'I love you, don't do this' one more time, and he'd be here."

Carter, 20, is charged with involuntary manslaughter after she allegedly urged Roy to commit suicide, purportedly documented in thousands of text messages. But Carter maintains her innocence.

Thread #1

Someone wrote a few pages (ok last thread) back about feeling cold wrath for Carter. I wish I could keep my feelings there.

I have a 24 year old daughter who suffers from depression, and she tried to take her life when she was 16. We are fortunate that she was not successful, but I will never get over it. I will never be able to talk about it (or type, apparently) without losing my s@&t. If she had been successful, or even if things had gone as they did, and I learned someone was encouraging her, guiding her, and insisting upon her that she end her life.... I can't even type what I'd do, because I'd probably get banned, and you'd all think I was a psycho killer. Seriously. I would go to the ends of the earth... grrrr. My anger and feelings towards her are nothing but red hot fury.

Predatory &+(@(($+-$:$;-$-_//@!!!!

She makes me hope for the typical concepts of afterlife.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

What a difference reality makes - she doesn't get to perform for a jury...

Then

imrs.php

Now

ninivaggi_06carter14_met.jpg

The 'Glee' Quote;

"Rachel: I had it all planned out. I was gonna make it big on Broadway and maybe make a Woody Allen movie. And then when we were ready, I would just, come back and he'd be teaching here and I'd walk through those doors and I would just say 'I'm home' and then we would live happily ever after.
Will: That's a good plan. Did you tell him?
Rachel: I didn't have to, he knew.
Will: And now what?
Rachel: I don't know something different.
Will: Maybe something better.
Rachel: I just-I don't think that's possible. He was my person."

http://glee.wikia.com/wiki/Rachel's_Quotations

Oh dear. Her using dialogue from some network television program is pretty disturbing. I feel like such an old curmudgeon saying this but don't these kids understand the difference between fiction and reality? Really at a loss for words.

This case is so terribly disturbing. Seeing those texts today just shook me to the core. She is not mentally well. I'm sorry Conrad. His family must be in so much pain.

Don't think it worked I googled "transcripts of text messages michelle carter pdf" and there also a Scribd link

Great find for HRP I was not a Glee fan, and thanks to those who submitted it to the DA office. I hope that it can be used in some manner.

I have been busy with real life and still trying to catch up with the trial. I thanks everyone for there great conversation yesterday and last night I have caught up with the post.

MC is really a piece of work and deserves some harsh punishment for what she did to Conrad. I hope this judge is not pursuaded by the defense attorneys nonsense.

Morning all,

Just to date myself I did not even know what "Glee" was.
I have said before I do not know what drives these kids to kill each other or do something like MC did. So cruel and horrific.
In a post above somewhere someone mentioned that do they know the difference between reality and fiction???
I know I will never understand this no matter what we label them with.
The text are so awful and so very hard to read. Lucky for her I am not Judge Moniz as I would not be able to stay in the parameters of the law not would I want to.

What a joke defense is right now trying their motion to dismiss !

Where can I watch it live?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just recessed until 11 est to allow judge to deliberate on motion to dismiss
I watch on lawnewz.com

I have watched every second of the trial since Tuesday, very compelling because of its nearly unprecedented nature. I have to say, trying to take in the trial from the perspective of an unbiased juror, I think the defense has done a pretty poor job, hell, Michael McCarthy's defense lawyers are doing a better job with him with his trial.

While Carter's actions can be argued at length, I think the prosecution has proven to me that she deserves some sort of punishment for sure. It has been an infuriating 3 days of testimony, at the very least she was impeding on an investigation while being very well aware of where Conrad was while he was missing, what he had done, and her very active role in the suicide. She had a clear motive, determination, and awareness that watch she had done was wrong...The defense only had a few compelling points...

but, bottom line, from all of the information I've gathered during this trial it's quite obvious to me that I am certain were it not for Michelle Carter, Conrad Roy would not have committed suicide on that specific night in question. Period.

I think this has been posted before. It has a lot of the text messages I haven't seen and towards the end it has expaples of why this should be considered involuntary manslaughter.

I hope this works.

https://lintvwpri.files.wordpress.com/2015/08/response

Don't think it worked I googled "transcripts of text messages michelle carter pdf" and there also a Scribd link

Article with tweets from day of suicide; has link to Scribd 46-page reply from Commonwealth:
http://www.masslive.com/news/index.ssf/2015/09/texts_show_michelle_carter_enc.html

From this article posted in 2008:

http://www.tauntongazette.com/x379999275/There-s-a-new-judge-in-town

"The latest judge from Taunton is Lawrence Moniz, who was nominated last April by Governor Deval Patrick to replace the retired James M. Cronin as a juvenile court judge."

"Moniz is uniquely qualified for this appointment. He was an English teacher at Taunton High School for 12 years and was praised by both his students and his peers. He never lost sight of his responsibility as a teacher, but at the same time he was considered a trusted friend and adviser to his students."

"His insight into people and the circumstances under which they lived and his dedication to the system, as well as to the defendant, has earned the respect and friendship of other lawyers and judges throughout Bristol County."

Good morning everyone,

In my opinion, Judge Moniz has the unique experiences of being a high school teacher, lawyer and judge and this will prove to be crucial in a case such as this one.

I am so glad that he is the judge in this case because of his specific familiarity with years of experiences of teens and their problems, especially as a high school teacher.

From the same article: "Moniz also displayed an ability then to understand the problems and challenges in personal behavior that confront a segment of our young people."

"He is a graduate of Suffolk University Law School and Providence College, and started his law career as a partner with Francis M. O’Boy of Taunton, a successful and respected defense lawyer."

Yeah new thread

I wanted to put links in the quick comment I made yesterday in regard to Glee and I couldn't and found out the thread was closed. I wanted to post what I read in regard to the similarities in Glee's actress's dialogue and Carter's.

I found this yesterday when reading a report, here is the excerpt with the link:

She texted Boardman that she had her “whole life” planned out with Roy.
“He was going to graduate Fitchburg and then when I graduated the college I'm going to, we would live happily ever after on the ocean somewhere, with our son Conrad the 4th....Now it's gonna be something different, maybe something better, But I just don't think that's possible. He was my person.”

https://www.buzzfeed.com/tasneemnas...read-testimony?utm_term=.qrbAwn6AW#.wkJOW6ZO8

More information gleaned from those who commented on not only the "He was my person" Glee knockoff (allegedly), but from comments this was found out, copied and pasted for your review:

Like comments/wording extraction and comparison:

Carter: "I had my whole life planned out with 'Roy'... we would live happily ever after ...Now it's gonna be something different, maybe something better, But I just don't think that's possible. He was my person."

Rachel Berry Dialogue/Exchange, Glee, Season 5 Episode 3 (Finn's Memorial) at the end: "I had it all planned out... then we would live happily ever after... And now what? I don't know. Something different. Maybe something better. I just, I don't think that's possible. He was my person."

Dialogue: Rachel: I had it all planned out. I was gonna make it big on Broadway and maybe make a Woody Allen movie. And then when we were ready, I would just, come back and he'd be teaching here and I'd walk through those doors and I would just say 'I'm home' and then we would live happily ever after.

Will: That's a good plan. Did you tell him?
Rachel: I didn't have to, he knew.
Will: And now what?
Rachel: I don't know. Something different.
Will: Maybe something better.
Rachel: I just-I don't think that's possible. He was my person.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CSIFLGIRL46