GUILTY TX - Addyson Overgard-Eddy, 1, & Brynn Hawkins, 2, die in hot car, Kerr Co., June 2017 *Arrest*

[bbm]
ummm, they would both still be in diapers
this is the second case of two toddlers dying in a hot car recently - in the other one, the mother stated that her two 'got away from her while playing' or something equally hard to believe ~sigh~

He said the children were without food, water or restroom visits during their 15 hours in the car.

[bbm]
ummm, they would both still be in diapers
this is the second case of two toddlers dying in a hot car recently - in the other one, the mother stated that her two 'got away from her while playing' or something equally hard to believe ~sigh~

He said the children were without food, water or restroom visits during their 15 hours in the car.

I know its rare but both my kids (and 1 grandchild) were potty trained by 18 months. Perhaps the 2 year old was in underpants and not a diaper?

...15 hours? That should be more than just 'child endangerment.' Child endangerment is letting them play in a yard with a faulty gate latch.

Leaving them in a hot car for 15 hours, alone, no food or water---that's manslaughter, not 'endangerment.' JMO

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4590570/Two-toddlers-die-left-car-15-hours.html

Hawkins left her two daughters in the car on Tuesday at around 9pm while she hang out with a 16-year-old male friend and others inside a house nearby,*according to a news release from the Kerr County Police Department.*

When little Brynn and Addyson cried during the night, the Walmart employee ignored them even when her friends alerted her, the sheriff told KABB.*

The sheriff also said Hawkins's male friend slept for a while in the car during the night but did not take the children out.

Her husband Isaac was apparently not present when she allegedly abandoned her kids.*

The young mom finally took her kids out of the car at noon on Wednesday - when the temperature in Texas was as high as 92 degrees -, and found them unconscious.*

Charges could be upgraded. Currently looking at 2 years in prison per article.

...15 hours? That should be more than just 'child endangerment.' Child endangerment is letting them play in a yard with a faulty gate latch.

Leaving them in a hot car for 15 hours, alone, no food or water---that's manslaughter, not 'endangerment.' JMO
I couldn't agree more! If the allegations in the DM are true then I hope they throw the book at her. Sounds like she subjected them to torture, IMO.

She's married per DM! WHY was she hanging out with a 16 year old boy and choosing him over safety of children?

Perplexing all around. Poor children!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4590570/Two-toddlers-die-left-car-15-hours.html

Hawkins left her two daughters in the car on Tuesday at around 9pm while she hang out with a 16-year-old male friend and others inside a house nearby,*according to a news release from the Kerr County Police Department.*

When little Brynn and Addyson cried during the night, the Walmart employee ignored them even when her friends alerted her, the sheriff told KABB.*

The sheriff also said Hawkins's male friend slept for a while in the car during the night but did not take the children out.

Her husband Isaac was apparently not present when she allegedly abandoned her kids.*

The young mom finally took her kids out of the car at noon on Wednesday - when the temperature in Texas was as high as 92 degrees -, and found them unconscious.*

Charges could be upgraded. Currently looking at 2 years in prison per article.

Two years is not long enough. I am thinking more like 20 yrs per deceased child. :jail:

This makes me sick.

God save the children.

What is wrong with people?

If she didn't want or was unable to take care of her 2 precious girls, why couldn't she give them up for adoption? Where are the grandparents in these cases? Wth is wrong with people?

Would like to put HER in a hot car for an equal amount of time... see how she likes it. :stormingmad:

And hopefully her sentence is longer than TWO YEARS.
Imagine if she has more children ? What will she do to THEM ??
Smdh

Wondering about her extended family... had she shut them out of her life ?

Why didn't she adopt them out ????

Looking at her FB page, ( https://www.facebook.com/amandaisaac.hawkins/photos?pnref=lhc), it reminded me of Christy Sheats' social media: photoshopped selfies. Like Christy's, Amanda Hawkins' photos are all softened up and embellished with extra brilliant eye color, blemishes removed, etc. In her mug shot, she looks far more ordinary. Understood that a mug shot will not put even the prettiest person in their best light, but the photos are strikingly different, especially the eye color.

That isn't normal. It suggests narcissism or at least major selfishness/preoccupation with herself and her looks. And apparently a significant lack of attention to her children.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/06/1...ot-car-to-die-ignored-cries-sheriff-says.html

It's too bad her mom didn't take the kids while Amanda chased after the youth she missed out on by having children so young.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken
Back