New Zealand - Michael McGrath, 49, still missing, Christchurch, 21 May 2017 *arrest* *Mistrial*

CalliopeGG

Reaction score
460a3da92b5c740df56fc8c747ef235c.jpg

Michael was last seen on Sunday evening on 21 May 2017, at his home address in Halswell. He is 180cm tall and of average build. He has now been missing for 3 weeks and there has been no activity on his bank account.

Police have extensively searched a nearby property in Halswell and the surrounding land. The nearby Halswell Quarry Reserve has also been searched. This week they will start searching a landfill. Over 100 police have been involved in Operation Renovation, making it one of the biggest investigations in the area for many years.

A boyhood friend, David Benbow, prison officer, is yet to be eliminated as a person of interest.

Michael was working as a builder for cash jobs and has been described as hard-working and quiet. He lived alone in his own home.

Michael's brother has appeared on media and posted on Facebook stating his disappearance is completely out of character.
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=11870369

Please join us with your sleuthing expertise and help find Michael.

http://i.stuff.co.nz/the-press/news...sterious-disappearance-proving-one-big-puzzle

http://www.police.govt.nz/news/release/operation-renovation-search-update?nondesktop

I'm here Calliope :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hopefully get some closure either way for the family :)

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Hopefully get some closure either way for the family :)

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I hope we can be of service to his family in our own way. Great to have your mind here too Drb. I would be interested in your initial impression.

I am hopeless at linking the second link within the first, goodness me does that make sense. Anyways Michael last seen 21st. They are asking for sightings from 21-23. I found it really interesting about the mention of car and bike having been moved between those days but may have been him. While it's mentioned a quite man who kept to himself and inner circle of fiends and family, he must have been creature of habit for them to notice car and bike NOT parked in usual spot. Also I wonder why they think something happened on 23rd maybe phone records ? The searches have been thorough on land and water by the sounds and the property of friend. It appears they are doing the landfill search based on info they deem important. I think thy may know this one but looking for poor Michael and solid evidence ? What are you thinking Calliope?

I am hopeless at linking the second link within the first, goodness me does that make sense. Anyways Michael last seen 21st. They are asking for sightings from 21-23. I found it really interesting about the mention of car and bike having been moved between those days but may have been him. While it's mentioned a quite man who kept to himself and inner circle of fiends and family, he must have been creature of habit for them to notice car and bike NOT parked in usual spot. Also I wonder why they think something happened on 23rd maybe phone records ? The searches have been thorough on land and water by the sounds and the property of friend. It appears they are doing the landfill search based on info they deem important. I think thy may know this one but looking for poor Michael and solid evidence ? What are you thinking Calliope?

I agree Horror. My feeling is they know, but can't go further until they find some evidence. They do not seem to be considering suicide for example, which indicates to me they know it be otherwise. The search of the POI's property has been so extensive. All of this is MOO.

I'm here [emoji4][emoji4][emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I'm here [emoji4][emoji4][emoji4]

Thank you for coming Slinky. There has been nothing in the news today. I would be interested in hearing your thoughts. Please let me know if you need to see any pictures or references.

Thank you for coming Slinky. There has been nothing in the news today. I would be interested in hearing your thoughts. Please let me know if you need to see any pictures or references.

I'll delve into this tomorrow evening [emoji4]

Where did you read about his car and bike not being in the usual spot Horror? I can't find where it says that.

Where did you read about his car and bike not being in the usual spot Horror? I can't find where it says that.

I might have worded that wrong see the link you just posted something in that made me think that. They said they had been moved but maybe by him between 21-23. If it's moved at house then you could only assume it may have had a normal spot ? Does that make sense. I will look better to direct better :)

Missing in my hometown.

It's a relatively nice area of town too Halswell. Lots of farmland near there too.

Also very close to where the fires where in Christchurch.

Missing in my hometown.

It's a relatively nice area of town too Halswell. Lots of farmland near there too.

Also very close to where the fires where in Christchurch.

Yes KiwiJane. It's a huge case. Unusual for something like this to happen here AND Michael lived on the same street as Helen Milner, The Black Widow!

Hi everyone,
Is there a reason they are looking at his friend?
I wonder if maybe they found something in Michael's home.
I do hope he's found and brought home. It appears that the police know who is responsible.

Sent from my Life One X2 using Tapatalk

Hi everyone,
Is there a reason they are looking at his friend?
I wonder if maybe they found something in Michael's home.
I do hope he's found and brought home. It appears that the police know who is responsible.

Sent from my Life One X2 using Tapatalk

Hi ms_x _to_the_m. LE have certainly honed in on him and I agree with you about the police suspicion. Other possible reasons I've come up with could be that DB was the last person to see him, he has a motive, the mobile phone has info on it or they may have CCTV coverage of Michael heading that way. This is all conjecture on my part.

I too would like resolution for his family. I do not know them, but I feel so sad for them. I keep hoping against the odds he might still come back to them. Stranger things have happened!

It does appear that Michael was a victim of foul play, his bank accounts haven't been touched and he didn't take his car or bike, and police have his mobile phone. He did cash building jobs and lived alone, he doesn't seem like he's mixed up in anything untoward like drugs. His old school mate David Benbow owns two properties with his estranged partner (they have 2 children) but was/is living with his mother. There could be a link about money or an affair? Police have identified him as a 'poi' and his properties are being searched.

Michael worked for cash which means there probably isn't a record of past and current jobs, there could be a problem if he was owed money or if a customer wasn't satisfied with his workmanship?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back