Found Deceased MO - Tanner Ward, 19, Trenton, 7 June 2017

Gardener1850

Timeline Guru (Still Remembering Cupcake)
Reaction score
Ward was last seen by family during the Wednesday evening hours of June 7. Chief Wright says Ward has not been heard from or seen since.

He was last seen on foot leaving a family members house in Trenton.
Tanner Ward is described as a white male, 19 years of age, 5’10”, 150 to 170 lbs, brown hair, brown eyes, with a slim, athletic build.
Tanner Ward was last seen wearing a white t-shirt, dark blue skinny jeans, black shoes, and a blue KC hat.
http://www.kttn.com/authorities-looking-for-trenton-teen-missing-since-june-7/

6-12-tanner-ward.jpg

https://republican-times.com/2017/06/12/trenton-man-is-missing/

Tanner has been found deceased.

http://www.kq2.com/content/news/462174013.html

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Trenton police say the remains belong to Tanner Ward, 19, who had been missing for almost six months.
An autopsy conducted on Tuesday revealed that the remains belonged to Ward, and the forensic pathologist has ruled the death a suicide.

Police say the body was discovered by two students walking to school around 7:30 a.m. Monday. They found the body in a wooded area between Shanklin Ave and the GFG Ag Services company.

RIP Tanner :rose:

Anyone know any of the basics in this case that are missing from the news links? I know family and friends are pushing to have the case reopened and changed from suicide.
They have a petition (am I allowed to link petitions here?) For the reopening and it has over 7000 signatures so far.
The blurb on the petition states he left under suspicious circumstances and I'm wondering if anyone knows any more about that as I was unable to find anything much about the details.
The family have been contacted it seems multiple times throughout his disappearance and we're told he was dead well before he was found, his body would never be found etc.
Since he was found someone has also apparently sent family members and friends pictures of his body.
I find the whole thing very strange and would love any more info anyone may have.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Anyone know any of the basics in this case that are missing from the news links? I know family and friends are pushing to have the case reopened and changed from suicide.
They have a petition (am I allowed to link petitions here?) For the reopening and it has over 7000 signatures so far.
The blurb on the petition states he left under suspicious circumstances and I'm wondering if anyone knows any more about that as I was unable to find anything much about the details.
The family have been contacted it seems multiple times throughout his disappearance and we're told he was dead well before he was found, his body would never be found etc.
Since he was found someone has also apparently sent family members and friends pictures of his body.
I find the whole thing very strange and would love any more info anyone may have.

I was hoping someone would bring up the petition - not sure if it's able to be linked here or not.

I live in the KC area so this case is of interest to me. I also have family who lives in Trenton. From my understanding, Tanner left his mother's home, said he would be back, but never returned. I am assuming the fact that he said he would return and did not are the "suspicious" circumstances. It's not really much to go on, though, is it?

I have also read that the family was contacted multiple times over the past 6 months and were told he was dead. It's also been stated that there is an audio recording of two specific people stating they killed him and buried his body. So much of this case is rumor, so I want to tread lightly.

It's beyond disgusting that people have sent his family pictures of his body...ugh.

I find it curious that an autopsy was completed so quickly. There is definitely something really fishy about this case IMO.

Ward's family is apparently not buying the ruling. Ward's older sister, Kelsey Ward, told KTVO Tuesday evening that her family believes Tanner was murdered based on all the tips that were received during the investigation into her brother's disappearance.

Kelsey told KTVO police informed her family that Tanner had hanged himself. The family does not believe that either.

Ward said her family thinks someone dug up Tanner's body Sunday night and placed it in the tree where the two students found it Monday morning.

She told KTVO the tree where her brother's body was found hanging is three blocks from her parents' house.

Kelsey said the students who discovered Tanner's remains walk that route to school every day, and the body wasn't there a couple of days before that.

http://ktvo.com/news/local/autopsy-performed-on-trenton-human-remains

Just because some people were messing with his family and saying they killed him, doesn't make it murder... They might have just been cruel people making stuff up to hurt the family :( It seems a bit far-fetched that someone would dig up his body and hang it from a tree without anybody seeing, and then LE and the medical examiner would miss any signs that the body had been buried.

Just because some people were messing with his family and saying they killed him, doesn't make it murder... They might have just been cruel people making stuff up to hurt the family :( It seems a bit far-fetched that someone would dig up his body and hang it from a tree without anybody seeing, and then LE and the medical examiner would miss any signs that the body had been buried.

No one here has said that.

I was hoping someone would bring up the petition - not sure if it's able to be linked here or not.

I live in the KC area so this case is of interest to me. I also have family who lives in Trenton. From my understanding, Tanner left his mother's home, said he would be back, but never returned. I am assuming the fact that he said he would return and did not are the "suspicious" circumstances. It's not really much to go on, though, is it?

I have also read that the family was contacted multiple times over the past 6 months and were told he was dead. It's also been stated that there is an audio recording of two specific people stating they killed him and buried his body. So much of this case is rumor, so I want to tread lightly.

It's beyond disgusting that people have sent his family pictures of his body...ugh.

I find it curious that an autopsy was completed so quickly. There is definitely something really fishy about this case IMO.

Thanks for the reply! I wasn't sure if anybody on here was following this one.
Apologies in advance, I'm relatively new to posting here and not really sure of how to quote multiple posts or specify which part of your post I am replying to so I'm just going to reply separately.. [emoji15]

I am in no way local, actually in the UK, but very interested in this case also. I have a baby of a similar age to Tanner's and I can't imagine being in his his gf's position.

I had heard about the tips but didn't know about the audio recording. I believe there were a few videos too.
I was intrigued to see that at one point LE had actually pointed out a couple of areas they were interested in gathering witnesses from.
Was there much of a fuss about the case locally? I am finding it hard to find many news articles, and was shocked not to find a dedicated facebook page or anything.

Definitely interested in finding out more. Going to try to do some research tonight.

I'm not implying that tips=murder, or that all of the theories the family have are fact.

I think that the 7000 (or probably much more by now) signatures on the petition are telling though. I haven't found a single person who knew Tanner who thinks suicide is a possibility let alone likely.

The tips could have been someone's idea of a joke, but people involved in the investigation including LE at one point do seem to have given them enough credence for me to believe they were worthy of discussion at least.

I agree the whole digging up the body thing sounds unlikely, but I also think it's strange that a body hanging in a tree on the route to school taken every day by students would go unnoticed for 6 months.

The tips could have been someone's idea of a joke, but people involved in the investigation including LE at one point do seem to have given them enough credence for me to believe they were worthy of discussion at least.

I agree the whole digging up the body thing sounds unlikely, but I also think it's strange that a body hanging in a tree on the route to school taken every day by students would go unnoticed for 6 months.

Presumably LE took the tips seriously, investigated them and ultimately found them to be unsubstantiated.

If Tanner's body was hanging high up in a tree I find it completely plausible that nobody saw him sooner. People don't tend to look up into trees a lot when walking from A to B, and foliage was probably hiding the body. I've read about other cases where a body was eventually found hanging from a tree close to home, and had been missed for months by search parties.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vigilandy
Back