Found Deceased SC - David Oakley, 37, Anderson, 31 May 2017

LisaWL7TR

Former Member
Reaction score
David Wayne Oakley, 37, was last seen at his girlfriend's home on Cherokee Circle in Anderson at 8:30 p.m. on May 31, according to a report released Monday by the Anderson Police Department.

Oakley's BMW was found abandoned early the next morning near Mile Marker 30 on the northbound side of Interstate 85, according to the police report.

The case was originally handled by the Anderson County Sheriff's Office. It was transferred to the Anderson Police Department after investigators learned that Oakley's girlfriend lives within the city.

Oakley left his girlfriend's house to return to his home on Hattons Ford Road in Townville because he had left his cellphone there, according to information that Oakley's brother provided to a deputy.

According to a sheriff's report, Oakley's girlfriend tried to reach him on his cellphone several times. She also said that the phone's voicemail greeting has been changed to Spanish.

Oakley is 5-feet-7 and weighs 135 pounds. He has brown hair and green eyes. He was last seen wearing khaki shorts and a T-shirt.

http://www.independentmail.com/story/news/local/2017/06/12/townville-man-missing/390485001/

f64aa66d459f1e6f29eb013130546334.jpg

Something about this is very strange. I know this area and the location where his car was left is not along a route from Cherokee Circle to Hatton's Ford Rd.
ETA: There is an exit on I-85 at mm 27 (hwy 81) and the one at mm 32 (hwy 8) is very rural.

[h=1]South Carolina disappearance: Man's voicemail changed to Spanish, police say[/h]
Family last saw and heard from Oakley on May 31. When his car turned up on the interstate on June 1, Oakley was nowhere to be found near the vehicle.

A police report from Anderson Police Department states Oakley's phone was changed to Spanish and goes straight to voicemail. Relatives said the phone did not have a SIM card.
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/06/1...-voicemail-changed-to-spanish-police-say.html

I do not know the area too well (live in NC), but doing some google mapping looks like mile marker 30 runs parallel to Napoleon Road. You can even see a home through the woods on street view. I believe the home is on the southbound side of the road.

This case is odd. I wonder the state of the car? Is it broke down? Were the keys in it? The phone in spanish... ?? So many questions. No answers. Hope he is found soon.

I've never heard of someone changing their voicemail to spanish. Does that mean it's now a spoken voicemail greeting in spanish by an unknown person? Or can you just change your language settings to spanish for the generic voicemail greeting that states your phone number?

You can change you cell phone VM greeting to Spanish. I have a friend that keeps his in Spanish.

I've never heard of someone changing their voicemail to spanish. Does that mean it's now a spoken voicemail greeting in spanish by an unknown person? Or can you just change your language settings to spanish for the generic voicemail greeting that states your phone number?
It's the standard automated greeting but the language has suddenly been changed to Spanish. From reading some comments off one of our local news affiliates, the call logs were turned over and it's as if the phone was just disabled. So, there's a car with a dead battery from the flashers being left on, a potential disabled phone with the language changed to Spanish, and he hasn't been heard from in two weeks. Not looking good at all. He was a pretty great guy from what I've heard. Prayers to the family that he's found safe.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

It's the standard automated greeting but the language has suddenly been changed to Spanish. From reading some comments off one of our local news affiliates, the call logs were turned over and it's as if the phone was just disabled. So, there's a car with a dead battery from the flashers being left on, a potential disabled phone with the language changed to Spanish, and he hasn't been heard from in two weeks. Not looking good at all. He was a pretty great guy from what I've heard. Prayers to the family that he's found safe.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

The hazard lights being left on makes me think he abandoned the car there himself.

Reminds me of the couple found dead on a Florida highway in December. They od'd, stopped the car (with their kids inside) and got out of it, and died right there on the side of the highway. The hazard lights were also left on.

I don't want to imply drug use in this case as we have no indication for it, but could he have had a medical emergency? Exited the car and stumbled around, only to die somewhere in a field or brush nearby? Has the area been searched thoroughly? It only says he wasn't "near" the vehicle. How far did they search? Are there bodies of water nearby? Ravines or something he could have fallen into? Someone with Google map skills can have a look at the area?

This is the area where his car was left. The car was off the north bound lane (where the arrow is pointing). Looks like there are a few bodies of water and a small creek/river that runs parallel to I85. Not sure if these have been checked or not. It's not shown in this image but the river shown in the map comes from a reservoir southwest of where his car was located. Probably 2-3 miles from where his car was left.

Attachments

• I85.jpg
    I85.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 89
This puts SouthernMom's point into perspective.

Attachments

• I-85 2.jpg
    I-85 2.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 88
So, if the car was dead from the flashers being on, then he got out on purpose? Maybe stopped to help someone else on the side of the road who needed assistance? And if the flashers were on, then he wasn't trying to be invisible. He wanted oncoming traffic to see him.
Did the news source say there was anything mechanically wrong with his car? Could he have been the one that pulled over first?

How far is it from girlfriends house to where his car was found?

Was the location of his car on the route he normally took to his house?

Had he been having any prior car trouble?

As of right now this feels like he had car trouble and a "good" Samaritan offered a ride, robbed him. He looks bigger than 135 lbs ... my stepdad is 135 lbs @5'6" TINY Japanese.

Wait a minute. Had he already gone home to get the phone and was on his way back to the girlfriends house???

He left his phone at home. Went to get it.
(Why did he go get it? Why did he need it? It didn't have a SIM card and he could have used her phone if he needed to call someone.)

Phone is now in Spanish and disabled.

Huhhhh?????

I'm very interested in the phone's activity and location after he left his girlfriends house.

Confusing scene.

Ok. Occam's razor. He had car trouble on the way back to his girlfriends from HIS house after getting his phone. Bad people stopped and offered a ride. He was robbed, phone was taken.

Any bank activity?

Thats what im wondering, Im confused if he actually got the phone back.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

His girlfriend's house (Cherokee Circle) is about 15-17 miles from where his car was located
His house (Hatton Ford Road) is about 20-21 miles from where his car was located. These are just approximate locations based on the middle of each of the roads and where mile marker 30 is on I-85. Not sure where the homes or the car are precisely located.
Looks like time it takes to get to where his car was located is about the same for each house location.

His girlfriend's house (Cherokee Circle) is about 15-17 miles from where his car was located
His house (Hatton Ford Road) is about 20-21 miles from where his car was located. These are just approximate locations based on the middle of each of the roads and where mile marker 30 is on I-85. Not sure where the homes or the car are precisely located.
Looks like time it takes to get to where his car was located is about the same for each house location.

His car was in the Northbound lane. Would that be going TO, or coming FROM his house?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail
Back