Mother Accidentally Runs Over, Kills Daughter

This is referred to as the" bye bye syndrome" and is very traumatic. Heartbreaking.

I knew a family that this same situation happened. None of them were ever the same. It is so tragic.

We had a child brought to our hospital i work at who was run over by the babysitter, it was horrible, he didnt make it....

concernedperson said:
I knew a family that this same situation happened. None of them were ever the same. It is so tragic.

Ditto. They were never the same.

A situation similar to this happened at a school where I used to teach. The teacher's mother-in-law backed over her child who was playing hide and go seek in the leaves. It was really sad. The teacher and her husband divorced about a year after this. Even though she knew it wasn't his mother's fault....she just couldn't get over it. They were such a loving couple. It tore the whole family apart. So very sad.:(

deandaniellws said:
A situation similar to this happened at a school where I used to teach. The teacher's mother-in-law backed over her child who was playing hide and go seek in the leaves. It was really sad. The teacher and her husband divorced about a year after this. Even though she knew it wasn't his mother's fault....she just couldn't get over it. They were such a loving couple. It tore the whole family apart. So very sad.:(
thats horrific, my 3 year old cousin was hit and killed by a woman rushing to get to the hospital to see her father who was sick and my cousin was playing ball in the yard as my uncle cut the grass and the ball rolled in the street and she ran to get it and the woman driving was going to fast to stop and it killed her, my uncle seen it as he was mowing the lawn, my aunt in the kitchen putting groceries away ran out and my cousin died in my uncles arms....well my aunt said the one and only thing that got her through it was God and to this day she is a very strong woman of faith and her and my uncle have been married for years and are so loving, nobody blames the other as in so many cases....its so sad for everyone involved....

michelle said:
thats horrific, my 3 year old cousin was hit and killed by a woman rushing to get to the hospital to see her father who was sick and my cousin was playing ball in the yard as my uncle cut the grass and the ball rolled in the street and she ran to get it and the woman driving was going to fast to stop and it killed her, my uncle seen it as he was mowing the lawn, my aunt in the kitchen putting groceries away ran out and my cousin died in my uncles arms....well my aunt said the one and only thing that got her through it was God and to this day she is a very strong woman of faith and her and my uncle have been married for years and are so loving, nobody blames the other as in so many cases....its so sad for everyone involved....
What a very sad story. I am glad they were able to focus on their faith and love for each other rather than letting it tear them apart. A death of a child is so sad. We expect to bury our parents ...not our children.:(

deandaniellws said:
We expect to bury our parents ... :(
I know and even hearing that scares the you know what out of me, i will be a wreck when that day comes........

deandaniellws said:
I read about that case. The kid was covered in the leaves and it looked like it was just the pile of leaves. It broke my heart.
I have heard the divorce rate is high for parents of chiildren that die. Even though they truly don't blame each other, it is a constant reminder of what happened just being together.

This happened to a young cousin of mine. She was 2 and I was about 10. She was the youngest of two girls. She was playing behind her dad's car and he backed over her. Her parents never got over it, and in fact went on to have seven more children, as if trying to replace Christie. They stayed together and are a happy family, despite the tragedy, but they have never gotten over losing their little girl like that. So very sad.

Prayers for this family.

What a horrible accident. I pray this mother can forgive herself. I can't imagine the guilt she must feel even though it was truely an accident.

Some of the newer cars have the little TV screens now so when you back out it shows what's behind you. I think that's a great idea for SUVs and trucks. Sounds like this was a case of not seeing her at night.

We also had some friends about 20 years ago; he ran over his little one-year-old girl who had run out while the mother was on the phone. My husband counselled him on the phone many times after that; the mother couldn't get out of bed for a while and they both felt terribly guilty. Luckily they were so religious and got counseling, I think that's what helped them finally.

But like yall, said, you can never completely get over something like that.

I can not imagine what that mother feels right now. I do not know how you can overcome something like this.. My children are my life, and it would tear me apart to lose any of them.

:truce: :truce: :truce: :truce: :truce:

Unpopular opinion warning:

This 24-year old woman had four children. I think that its possible that she just had too many young children. That's a hell of a lot of responsibility for someone so young.

:truce: :truce: :truce: :truce: :truce: :truce:

Jeana (DP) said:
:truce: :truce: :truce: :truce: :truce:

Unpopular opinion warning:

This 24-year old woman had four children. I think that its possible that she just had too many young children. That's a hell of a lot of responsibility for someone so young.

:truce: :truce: :truce: :truce: :truce: :truce:

No mention of where the father was either - or if he lives with them. I agree, if she was alone she had way too much on her plate.

And what is holiday candy, anyway? I've never heard of going out to get "holiday candy". Most mothers think ahead and put it in their stocking or something.

So count me in the judgmental crowd, although I'm sure the mother is devastated.

I am shocked and saddened by the lack of compassion and judgemental thinking. Maybe she forgot to get some candy to put in her childrens stockings and ran last min. to do so. I know I was doing some last min. shopping on X-mas eve day, me bad, I guess. I am pretty sure she regrets it now. I am shocked that others are now judging and blaming this poor woman.

Last night, as I was trying to fall asleep, I had a had time because I was missing my bunny Norman, who's been gone these past 6 months.

And then it got me thinking of this case. To which I realize that mine doesn't even begin to compair, but if I was positively aching to hold my sweet little bunny just one more time, I can't begin to imagine how people who've lost children like this can fall asleep over the years.

_

In the town I grew up in, there was a family who had a life-size doll in their front picture window, that the outfit's were always changed for the daily weather. Legend had it that the father had backed over and killed their young daughter, and he did this out of remorse. You'd go by the house and get chills.

lostfaith said:
I am shocked and saddened by the lack of compassion and judgemental thinking. Maybe she forgot to get some candy to put in her childrens stockings and ran last min. to do so. I know I was doing some last min. shopping on X-mas eve day, me bad, I guess. I am pretty sure she regrets it now. I am shocked that others are now judging and blaming this poor woman.

Sorry, I don't really mean to be judgmental of the poor woman; heck I don't even know the whole story. I was just kind of agreeing with Jeana's point - just because she has too many children to manage, that doesn't mean it's the WOMAN'S FAULT.

I'm just saying, where is the father? Where are the grandparents? Why isn't someone helping this woman right before Christmas? How do you run over a 6-year-old girl???? That's not a toddler. I an understand toddlers; it just happens so easily. Was the mother drinking? Were the kids in seat belts? Somehow I doubt it.

I don't know why, I just feel anger. Some things can be avoided, you know?

By the way, YOU're judging me andJeana for having an alternative opinion. This is an opinion board, and it should be OK to express an alternative view IMO. Jeanna admitted to begin with she was treading in dangerous territory. But its OK. WE need to find out more information, but I haven't really noticed any more articles about it. :truce:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back