You would NOT believe who I saw in Mexico

blueclouds

Former member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I ran into Darin Routier in Mexico. At first, because he was "shorter" than I thought, I wasn't certain it was him. But I stared at him awhile. Obviously too long, because he smiled and said "can I help you?"....

I said, Oh you just look like someone I know (little lie).... is your name Darin? He said UH YEAH! I said.... "are you from Canada?..." Again a little lie. He said "NOPE, from Texas". I almost dropped dead.

He was talking to (I presume) his mother and there was another woman along with dark hair and a girl about ?? 10 years old with dark hair as well. I'm assuming might have been his sister if he has one, and his niece. But didn't have his other son with him.

Does anyone know if he has custody? Just curious. I didn't know what to think. I know his life goes on and all but I'm one who thinks he's also guilty of somehow being a part of the murder of his two kids....

It was in Mazatlan on Sunday (December ?18th) that I saw him. Didn't run into him again. I think he had just got there.

MERRY XMAS TO ALL, HOPE EVERYONE HAD A WONDERFUL DAY....

blueclouds said:
I ran into Darin Routier in Mexico. At first, because he was "shorter" than I thought, I wasn't certain it was him. But I stared at him awhile. Obviously too long, because he smiled and said "can I help you?"....

I said, Oh you just look like someone I know (little lie).... is your name Darin? He said UH YEAH! I said.... "are you from Canada?..." Again a little lie. He said "NOPE, from Texas". I almost dropped dead.

He was talking to (I presume) his mother and there was another woman along with dark hair and a girl about ?? 10 years old with dark hair as well. I'm assuming might have been his sister if he has one, and his niece. But didn't have his other son with him.

Does anyone know if he has custody? Just curious. I didn't know what to think. I know his life goes on and all but I'm one who thinks he's also guilty of somehow being a part of the murder of his two kids....

It was in Mazatlan on Sunday (December ?18th) that I saw him. Didn't run into him again. I think he had just got there.

MERRY XMAS TO ALL, HOPE EVERYONE HAD A WONDERFUL DAY....
Cool. Thanks for posting this. Hmm....I have never heard his sister had children but who knows? Ten years old would be about the time Darlie has been in prison. Could the other woman have been a girlfriend of his and her daughter maybe? I really haven't a clue who they might be but can't resist speculating.

So is this city in Mexico a border town? Did you overhear any conversation, get a feel for their mood or anything?

Goody said:
Cool. Thanks for posting this. Hmm....I have never heard his sister had children but who knows? Ten years old would be about the time Darlie has been in prison. Could the other woman have been a girlfriend of his and her daughter maybe? I really haven't a clue who they might be but can't resist speculating.

So is this city in Mexico a border town? Did you overhear any conversation, get a feel for their mood or anything?

I only talked with him another minute or so. Mazatlan is on the Pacific side quite far into Mexico. Could have been a girlfriend? Don't know if he even has a sister. Just assumed it was maybe a trip from "mom" for them....

That's why I mentioned the younger girl. Do you know anything about is other son? Drake? Why wouldn't he be with them?

Just to add to your question, I didn't have time to "eavesdrop" as our taxi came. I was too obvious with my staring.... when I "asked" if he was from Canada, he said, nope, Texas.... but good guess on the name, guess I have a twin. I must have that kind of face that looks familiar. I smiled and just said yeah, I suppose. Oh well. take care. And I left. He was just standing off to the side talking with (I assume his mom) quietly. DIdn't look any different from anyother tourist there.

Just was more curious about the young girl. He wouldn't have another child with someone would he? IF it's not his sister and niece?

Maybe it was his girlfriend and Drake was with Darin's Mom...you know...so Darlie wouln't find out about the GF. I never believed he was without all these years. The child might have even been his. :doh:

blueclouds said:
I only talked with him another minute or so. Mazatlan is on the Pacific side quite far into Mexico. Could have been a girlfriend? Don't know if he even has a sister. Just assumed it was maybe a trip from "mom" for them....

That's why I mentioned the younger girl. Do you know anything about is other son? Drake? Why wouldn't he be with them?
Darin does not have custody of Drake. HIS mother does. Originally Drake was given to his mother because Darin insisted Darlie was innocent. The court felt he was in danger if Darlie got out. Once she was convicted, his mother just kept custody, for what reason I do not know.

beesy said:
Darin does not have custody of Drake. HIS mother does. Originally Drake was given to his mother because Darin insisted Darlie was innocent. The court felt he was in danger if Darlie got out. Once she was convicted, his mother just kept custody, for what reason I do not know.

Darin is raising him though regardless of who has custody. Maybe it is his girlfriend.

blueclouds said:
when I "asked" if he was from Canada, he said, nope, Texas.... but good guess on the name, guess I have a twin. I must have that kind of face that looks familiar. I smiled and just said yeah, I suppose.

LOL- surely he must be recognised all the time. Seems he just prefers to play dumb about it!

Just was more curious about the young girl. He wouldn't have another child with someone would he? IF it's not his sister and niece?

I think we should be careful about speculating about this. There is no evidence he had any sort of affair or other children. It is highly likely she is a family friend or a god-daughter etc.

I have read so many times that right from the beginning, Darin was out to make money from this case, so am surprised to hear that he didn't say "I'm Darrin Routier from Texas and you can have my autographed photo for $10"......... was that naughty of me to say that, apologies if it was!! Oh and another thing, did he still have his pony tail!! Ha Ha

I wonder if the dark haired woman was his girlfriend. Maybe he and Darlie fought on the night of the murders because he had met a new woman and gotten her pregnant - you did say the young girl was about 10, so nothing's impossible is it? Perhaps she has been kept 'under wraps all this time'?

I don't want to speak out of turn, but wouldn't Darin's mother be too old to have a 10 year old?

Guys, I feel like we gossiping here. As far as I know none of us knows anything about Darin's current status, - job, family or friends - and have no way of finding out. These people could be anybody, anybody.

Gossip is allowed. I don't see anyone being harsh or bashing this family in any manner. Questions can be asked. After all, Darlie and her legal team are basically calling Darin a murderer. Surely we can speculate as to whether the dude is dating anyone.

Justice2, I am absolutely certain it was Darin routier as I asked if his name was darin and he said yeah.... then the rest of the story is above. I didn't see anyone else travelling with the 3 adults and one child. I am assuming the older lady was his mother. So if she has custody, where was Drake? Is Darin's dad around still? Maybe him and Drake were walking somewhere else at the time then. I would find it very strange to take a little girl there but not have Drake with them.

I didn't feel like I was bashing anyone. I'm just a little surprised how life does go on... seeing someone whom I believe MIGHT be part of his own children's murders and he still gets to go out and have fun while wife is on death row.

Wondering since Darlie's pointing fingers, is Darin going to divorce her now?

I was curious about the sister/girlfriend with them as I was trying to place the child that was with them is all. Oh well. I'm still glad I believe in the circle of life. If he was involved, it'll come back to get him somehow.

No, I believe you that it was Darin. It's almost like he really wanted to talk to you and was disappointed. Sounded pretty Darin to me.

And I'm just as curious and probably more than most about his current status especially because he has been so quiet. I would think you would know for sure it if was his mother (Sarila?) or not. It's just who knows who the other people are. We don't even know which of his family members he runs around with.

There are pictures of Sarilda available on the net which you could always check to confirm. At the very least I know she appeared on the Leeza show which is available for download from www.justicefordarlie.net

Perhaps the older woman was the mother of the younger woman and grandmother to the child? Maybe the younger woman is Darin's girlfriend and her mom went along on the trip? Just a guess, but that would explain why Drake was not there - he was home with Darin's mom.

blueclouds said:

Darin does have a sister and last I heard she lives with their parents and CWB, who published the book MTJD. Not implying there is anything between CWB and the sister. I have no idea if there is any relationship there or if he is a guest of her parents. I have never heard anything about the sister having any children, but I believe Darin's brother and his wife have kids.

Drake could have been visiting Darlie's parents. The girl could have been his girl friend's daughter, assuming the woman was his girl friend. I imagine there is a whole range of possibilities.

blueclouds said:
I don't think there is enough time to consider he might have had another child with someone else who might be aged 10 right now. There was no evidence that he had been having an affair before the murders. Things like that come out during an investigation. I find it very doubtful if police could have missed that. Even if the mistress didn't report it, someone she knew probably would have.

Tracey Duffield said:
Oh and another thing, did he still have his pony tail!! Ha Ha

The pony tail is long gone. Got rid of that for the trial in 1997. Guess he could have grown it back but I haven't ever seen it on him in pics, etc. But then again he has not been in the public eye for some time. Wonder what he is doing for a living now.

Tracey Duffield said:
I wonder if the dark haired woman was his girlfriend. Maybe he and Darlie fought on the night of the murders because he had met a new woman and gotten her pregnant - you did say the young girl was about 10, so nothing's impossible is it? Perhaps she has been kept 'under wraps all this time'?
Nah, that would have come out in the investigation. Rowlett is a small town, only about 40,000 people. Someone would have come forward even if the cops didn't find it on their own. And Basia certainly would have told it if she had ever heard about it.

Jeana (DP) said:
I don't want to speak out of turn, but wouldn't Darin's mother be too old to have a 10 year old?
I think they are speculating that the younger woman might be the child's mother, not the older one believed to be Sarilda.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vigilandy
Back