UK New face-aging tool developed by the University of Bradford

MelmothTheLost

Reaction score
The remarkably accurate face-ageing technique that may help the search for missing children like Ben Needham and Madeleine McCann

Each year, over a million missing persons cases are reported in the US and UK, leaving families desperately searching for their loved ones.

In the hope of boosting this search, researchers have developed a new and more accurate method of ageing facial images.

They have tested their new software on an image of Ben Needham, who went missing when he was a toddler in 1991 on the Greek island of Kos.

The resulting images are vastly different to the computer generated images of Ben as an adult produced by current face-ageing current software.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencet...geing-method-boost-search-missing-people.html

I think this tool will be incredibly useful. The age-progression photos of missing people never look all that realistic to me, but the ones that the University made for Ben Needham are definitely recognizable. They look like real photos. Hopefully agencies can start using this new method soon.

not really impressed with them
they don't look any better to me

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Prod3149