Unresponsive woman taken off American Airlines flight; emergency staff criticized

Indy Anna

Reaction score
Emergency personnel in Minnesota were under fire Tuesday for their handling of a woman who was unresponsive in a bathroom on board an American Airlines flight from Dallas to the Minneapolis-St. Paul airport.

Emergency responders removed the woman, identified by relatives as Theresa Hines...
<snip> http://www.foxnews.com/travel/2017/...unresponsive-american-airlines-passenger.html

The woman was wearing a shirt and underwear, Hogan said. A passenger, Art Endress of Dallas, told the Minneapolis Star Tribune it was "out of line" not to cover the woman.
<snip> http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Airport-Emergency-Workers-Focused-on-Saving-Woman-428310113.html

http://www.fox4news.com/news/261356410-story

ETA: Unfortunately, the woman died after being rushed to a hospital.

Know what? If my life is in danger, get me the heck off the plane as quickly as possible. I don't care if I'm fully naked. I don't care who sees my rear end.

RIP to the woman.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Know what? If my life is in danger, get me the heck off the plane as quickly as possible. I don't care if I'm fully naked. I don't care who sees my rear end.

RIP to the woman.

Godspeed, Theresa

I totally agree, OutlookLookout. They will probably be made to apologize too.

What a shame, Theresa passed away. I will be interested in knowing what happened to her. None of me business, but...
Could be anything from OD to heart attack. JMO - I am not accusing Theresa of anything.

Her family, friends and loved ones are in my thoughts and prayers.

RIP to the woman.

I thought about that and, yes, at the time I was so ill I wouldn't care how they carried me out of there. But, if I survived and found out later, I would be terribly embarrassed knowing I wasn't adequately clothed.

I was reading a lot of headlines saying the woman was "dragged" off the plane half naked. I was relieved to read that she wasn't actually dragged off, but carried off on a stretcher. I do think, though, they could have treated her with more dignity by covering her up while they carried her past dozens of passengers.

I do wonder if the people who complained had something they could have covered her with--even a modest covering such as a jacket or sweater. In this situation, I wouldn't care if I never saw my jacket/sweater/blanket again as long as it gave someone else dignity in their time of need. But, I really can't say for sure I would've thought of it at the time, so I'm not judging the passengers or staff on the plane. JMO

Godspeed, Theresa

I totally agree, OutlookLookout. They will probably be made to apologize too.

What a shame, Theresa passed away. I will be interested in knowing what happened to her. None of me business, but...
Could be anything from OD to heart attack. JMO - I am not accusing Theresa of anything.

Her family, friends and loved ones are in my thoughts and prayers.
In the pictures they show of her, she is a very young-looking 48. Very pretty. Possibly a diabetic who went into a diabetic coma? It could have been many things, but so sad she didn't make it.

In the pictures they show of her, she is a very young-looking 48. Very pretty. Possibly a diabetic who went into a diabetic coma? It could have been many things, but so sad she didn't make it.

Thank you, Indy Anna. I only read the first link and did not see pictures. Maybe the media should not post pics and hopefully no one took her pic, probably did though.

I didn't look into this close enough, but don't you think they had to get her out of the bathroom and to somewhere with more space so they would work on her?

Agree it would be nice protocol for emergency responders to cover her with something sterile but I wonder if they are not allowed to have others offer a covering for potential evidence in the event of a death.

Just a thought.
What a sad way to go :(

ETA would love to hear from any responders on here what the rules are)

<snipped for space>>

I do wonder if the people who complained had something they could have covered her with--even a modest covering such as a jacket or sweater. In this situation, I wouldn't care if I never saw my jacket/sweater/blanket again as long as it gave someone else dignity in their time of need. But, I really can't say for sure I would've thought of it at the time, so I'm not judging the passengers or staff on the plane. JMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cindy88
Back