OH - Jennifer Marsh, 30, & David Beach, 32, murdered, Ashtabula County, 25 Dec 2005

aussiegran

Reaction score
JEFFERSON, Ohio
A man was accused of killing his estranged wife and her boyfriend in front of two of their children on Christmas Day, then kidnapping his 4-year-old son.

The couple's 7-year-old daughter called 911 to report the shooting, Ashtabula County Sheriff William Johnson said. The 4-year-old boy was recovered unharmed at his father's home. A third child, a 12-year-old boy, was away at the time of the killings.

John Marsh, 32, was awaiting arraignment on counts of murder, burglary and kidnapping.

His wife, Jennifer Marsh, 30, and David Beach, 32, were shot several times at a house she had rented, the coroner's office said.

Jennifer Marsh had filed for divorce in September, said her father, Charles Mercer. He said she accused her husband of domestic violence and had obtained a court order for him to stay away.

"There were threats, but not much we could do," Mercer said.
http://www.theledger.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20051227/APA/512270666
Another poor woman who tried to get away from a violent husband :banghead: ,these court orders just dont work .these poor children now have no mother or father ,:( I hope they get a loving home with the grandparents.

aussiegran said:
JEFFERSON, Ohio
A man was accused of killing his estranged wife and her boyfriend in front of two of their children on Christmas Day, then kidnapping his 4-year-old son.

The couple's 7-year-old daughter called 911 to report the shooting, Ashtabula County Sheriff William Johnson said. The 4-year-old boy was recovered unharmed at his father's home. A third child, a 12-year-old boy, was away at the time of the killings.

John Marsh, 32, was awaiting arraignment on counts of murder, burglary and kidnapping.

His wife, Jennifer Marsh, 30, and David Beach, 32, were shot several times at a house she had rented, the coroner's office said.

Jennifer Marsh had filed for divorce in September, said her father, Charles Mercer. He said she accused her husband of domestic violence and had obtained a court order for him to stay away.

"There were threats, but not much we could do," Mercer said.
http://www.theledger.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20051227/APA/512270666
Another poor woman who tried to get away from a violent husband :banghead: ,these court orders just dont work .these poor children now have no mother or father ,:( I hope they get a loving home with the grandparents.
very sad.......

Another case where a restraining order did no good. This is so sad, especially for the children who witnessed this.

The big, big picture here that would be great to get out to young women is DO NOT MARRY MEN WHO ACT THIS WAY.

Don't date men who act this way, don't be flattered by boys who you can work up into a rage by making them notice other men are noticing you.

Go for even tempered sweet men who don't act crazy if you talk to another man. Refuse to feel flattered by men who are so over-protective.

That's where we need to go.

Don't feel flattered by rageful men. That would be it. That's it, period.

It doesn't ever seem possible. There is always a new generation of girls who like this.

A 7-year-old girl who witnessed her mother brutally killed on Christmas night, was able to use her courage to give her mom one last gift: justice.
Katlyn Marsh refused to go with her father and instead grabbed a portable phone and called 911 from her Williamsfield Township home in Ashtabula County, right across the Trumbull County line.
"What's your dad doing?"
"He's killing my mom."
That was the voice of brave little Katlyn Marsh as she told an Ashtabula County 911 dispatcher that her father John Marsh had just killed her mother, Jennifer Marsh, and a family friend, Dave Beach.
While on the call Marsh tried to take Katlyn from the home.
"No, I'm not going with you, no,no,no,no."
"He's trying to take me."
Ashtabula County Sheriff William Johnson said that Marsh and his wife, Jennifer had been separated for months.
A final divorce hearing was scheduled in January.
http://www.wytv.com/news/local/2123407.html

"He is shooting my mom."

Screaming followed the first words spoken on the 911 call Christmas night from 7-year-old Katlyn Marsh to the Ashtabula County Sheriff’s Department dispatch center. The tape was played Tuesday during a media press conference called by Sheriff William Johnson and County Prosecutor Thomas Sartini.

Katlyn struggled with her father, John Marsh, as she dialed 911 for help after seeing her mother get shot. Marsh, later arrested at his home on Slater Road in Williamsfield Township, is charged with fatally shooting his wife, Jennifer Marsh, 30, and her friend, David Beach, 32, of Richmond Township, around 9 p.m. Sunday.

Johnson and Sartini said - after hearing the 911 call - they learned Marsh had broken into his wife’s rental home. He waited inside for her and Beach with two of the younger Marsh children, as the victims returned home Sunday night.

Asked how Marsh was able to purchase a gun while awaiting a hearing on domestic violence charges filed in Eastern County Court Oct. 4, Johnson told reporters, "We don’t know."

The sheriff said the gun source or how Marsh purchased the murder weapon are part of the department’s ongoing investigation. Marsh’s wife had a civil protection order against him after he made threats when she filed for divorce in October.

Johnson said the 911 call from Katlyn came in about 9:20 p.m., after the double shooting occurred at the house rented by her mother. The house is located at 7251 Bailey Road in the Bayview Allotment, Williamsfield Township.

Sheriff dispatcher Jackie Tryon kept Katlyn on the phone for 30 minutes to keep her safe and to calm her while getting information. The little girl told Tryon she refused to go with her father.

"No … no … I’m not going. I want to stay with mommy."

Muffled voices of Marsh and Katlyn arguing were heard on the tape, along with the child’s screams.

After a pause on the tape, there was a hang-up. Katlyn called Tryon back, telling of having hidden in a back bedroom in the house, locking the door to hide in a closet.

Meanwhile, Marsh left the house, taking his 4-year-old son, Lucas. Katlyn recited to Tryon what had happened, trying to remain calm, telling of her mom having been shot and seeing blood on the body.
http://www.starbeacon.com/?MC=NEWS&NID=1&AID=9855

A man pleaded innocent to charges that he shot his estranged wife and her boyfriend to death in front of two of the married couple's children on Christmas Day, then kidnapped his 4-year-old son.
John Marsh, 32, appeared in Ashtabula County Common Pleas Court on Friday. He faces 14 charges, including aggravated murder, kidnapping and burglary. Marsh could face the death penalty if convicted.
Authorities said Marsh shot Jennifer Marsh, 30, and David Beach, 32, while two of the Marsh's three children watched. Both victims were shot several times, the Ashtabula County coroner's office said.
Marsh then took his 4-year-old son, who was later found unharmed in his home, Sheriff William Johnson said.
Marsh's 7-year-old daughter called police to report the shooting in the home her mother rented in Williamsfield Township in this northeast Ohio county. A 12-year-old son was away.
The 911 call was disconnected, but the girl called back again shortly after deputies said her father had left the house with the boy.
A dispatcher asked her if anyone else was home.
"No. They're all dead," the girl said.
http://www.ohio.com/mld/beaconjournal/13627987.htm

Okay, now I'm must just plain be on drugs because this makes no sense.

John R. Marsh

Housed: Trumbull Correctional Center
Admission Date: 04/26/2006
Sentence Date: 04/24/2006
Guilty Plea

Offense: 2 counts Aggravated Murder
Sentence: LWOP each count consecutive

Offense: Kidnapping
Sentence: 8 years concurrent

Offense: Attempted Kidnapping

Offense: 4 counts of Use of a Firearm
Sentence: 3 years each count consecutive

Now with all of this I can't find him in the DOC system. So I look on my paid site and here is what it tells me:

Activity: Released
Release Date: 03/05/2010

If they sent him out-of-state wouldn't there be some sort of transfer notation in his records? If he did get sent out-of-state, how do I figure out where he went? There is no way this guy is out of jail, is there?

Okay, now I'm must just plain be on drugs because this makes no sense.

John R. Marsh

Housed: Trumbull Correctional Center
Admission Date: 04/26/2006
Sentence Date: 04/24/2006
Guilty Plea

Offense: 2 counts Aggravated Murder
Sentence: LWOP each count consecutive

Offense: Kidnapping

Offense: Attempted Kidnapping

Offense: 4 counts of Use of a Firearm
Sentence: 3 years each count consecutive

Now with all of this I can't find him in the DOC system. So I look on my paid site and here is what it tells me:

Activity: Released
Release Date: 03/05/2010

If they sent him out-of-state wouldn't there be some sort of transfer notation in his records? If he did get sent out-of-state, how do I figure out where he went? There is no way this guy is out of jail, is there?

I hope you can find out. I cannot believe they would let this man out.

John R. Marsh, 39, of Leavittsburg, Ohio entered into rest on Friday, March 5, 2010 at Trumbull Memorial Hospital following a brief illness. John was born the son of Robert B. Marsh Sr. and Sandra S. Kovar on November 26, 1970 in Warren, Ohio and had been a lifetime area resident. He was a factory worker in Jefferson, Ohio for many years and was of the Christian faith.

His memories will be remembered by his family: mother, Sandra S. Marsh of Warren, Ohio; sons, Kurtis E. and Lucas W. Marsh both of Kinsman, Ohio; daughter, Katie Marsh of Kinsman, Ohio; brothers, Robert B. Marsh Jr. of Huntington, Indiana and Dana D. Marsh of Warren, Ohio; sisters, Sherry L. Bunting of Cortland, Ohio, and Charlene S. Bailey and Shannon M. Brown both of Warren, Ohio. His father preceded him in death.

Private family services are to be held. There will be no visitation. Arrangements have been entrusted to the care of the Staton Borowski Funeral Home, 962 North Road, NE, Warren, Ohio 44483, (330) 394-6200.

http://www.weeklyvillager.com/v3/in...sh&Itemid=100&view=article&option=com_content

This is probably the same man. The location, age and names of children match. How he died in a hospital and not in prison is beyond me.

Weird. I guess that's why I can't find him in jail. What made you think to check that and how did you go about it, if you don't mind my asking.

Weird. I guess that's why I can't find him in jail. What made you think to check that and how did you go about it, if you don't mind my asking.

I was upset at the thought that he would have been released so I Googled his name.
Notice his release date is the same date as his death?

So, I just missed the obituary then. Ah, must look closer. Thanks.

Thanks ladies! I thought that he was out on release! How do you mention the children you scarred in your obituary?? or how did his family? wow :(

Thanks ladies! I thought that he was out on release! How do you mention the children you scarred in your obituary?? or how did his family? wow :(

I was thinking the same thing but I guess it was his family and they couldn't really put the TRUTH there, could they?

I have to start using Google more. The automatic search in my browser is Bing and I don't think it is as good. Any thoughts on this from anyone who has used both? I don't remember seeing the obit when I was searching Bing, but then I may have just scanned over it as it wasn't what I was looking for. Have to go back and re-run it and see if it was there. I just hate it when I miss things. :blushing:

ETA: Okay, I'm not nuts. It didn't come up on Bing, but came up immediately on Google. I will definitely have to start using Google more.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ghost246
Back