Big Fires in Texas and Oklahoma

It is so dry here... we where I live about 65 miles SW of Dallas are 16 inches below normal for the year and with this wind... a small spark and it is really really bad news. We have been under a burn ban since June...

Weatherpersons are saying we need at least 10 inches of rainfall, to counteract the drought conditions....

OMG, this is the first I've heard of it. Prayers to all that are affected.

I am 65 miles SW of Dallas and you can see the smoke in the sky..

It's very dry here even near the lake and we are putting up burn ban signs in our area. We are hoping the city will ban fireworks, but they will shoot them anyway. We are very concerned about fires starting. Sure hope they are able to contain the Fort Worth ones.

Marthatex said:
It's very dry here even near the lake and we are putting up burn ban signs in our area. We are hoping the city will ban fireworks, but they will shoot them anyway. We are very concerned about fires starting. Sure hope they are able to contain the Fort Worth ones.
Yeah...they are putting bans on fireworks here. There were fires EVERYWHERE around here Sunday.:furious:

deandaniellws said:
Yeah...they are putting bans on fireworks here. There were fires EVERYWHERE around here Sunday.:furious:

I'm sure they're going to ban the fireworks here. The wind seem to be dying down here, tho. Are you in that area southwest of Fort Worth?

I have heard of Kosse Texas all my life but I can not remember where it is located... Isn't it near Waco???

Gabby said:
I have heard of Kosse Texas all my life but I can not remember where it is located... Isn't it near Waco???
Yes. We are about 45 minutes from Waco.:D The Little Town With The Big Heart. That is the town's slogan. :eek:

deandaniellws said:
Yes. We are about 45 minutes from Waco.:D The Little Town With The Big Heart. That is the town's slogan. :eek:

I live about an hour from Waco....towards Corsicana (east)

Gabby said:
I live about an hour from Waco....towards Corsicana (east)

Good Heavens! Everyone lives so close to me! LETS PARTY! LETS HAVE A NEW YEARS' BAN THE FIREWORKS PARTY! COME ON DOWN!

:dance: :dance: :woohoo:

Marthatex said:
Good Heavens! Everyone lives so close to me! LETS PARTY! LETS HAVE A NEW YEARS' BAN THE FIREWORKS PARTY! COME ON DOWN!

:dance: :dance: :woohoo:

You know Martha, we should invite Sassygerl and all have lunch in Waco one day SOON

Marthatex said:

Isn't that pretty central to all of us? Austin is 2 1/2 hrs from me and only about 1/2 that from Waco.. Waco is an hour from me...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back