UNSOLVED WA - Woodland, in Columbia River, Partial remains , Nike shoe/Levi Jeans, Jun'17

Gardener1850

Timeline Guru (Still Remembering Cupcake)
Reaction score
194024a6-57fb-41e1-8834-0a6091e66018-large16x9_ShoefoundwithpartialhumanremainsCourtesyCowlitzCounty.jpg

The body hasn't been identified as female or male, but deputies say it could have been in the water for months, or possibly years. There are no obvious signs of foul play, but a coroner and forensic anthropologist will determine how the person died.

They were wearing Levi blue jeans size 29W X 32I. They were wearing one Nike shoe, size 8.
http://katu.com/news/local/partial-human-remains-left-possibly-for-years-found-in-woodland

The remains, found around dusk on Saturday, were in advanced stages of decomposition and appear to have been in the water for months and possibly for years, Chief Criminal Deputy Charlie Rosenzweig said. He added that he did not know if the remains belonged to a man or a woman.
The victim was wearing Levi blue jeans and Nike shoes. The coroner’s office is also working with Nike to determine the time the shoe was manufactured and whether it was designed as a men’s or women’s shoe.
http://www.columbian.com/news/2017/jun/19/body-found-in-columbia-river-near-woodland/

I think this might be the shoe. It's from 2008.

Run4Fun.pl_902058-402_XcceleratorTR.jpg

eta: After looking at it again I'm not so sure. It's close though.
eta: It will take someone from Nike all of about two seconds to know the shoe and the year, but for some reason I keep looking. Now they all look the same.

I hope they ID the person and give his or her family some peace.

I think this might be the shoe. It's from 2008.

Run4Fun.pl_902058-402_XcceleratorTR.jpg

eta: After looking at it again I'm not so sure. It's close though.
eta: It will take someone from Nike all of about two seconds to know the shoe and the year, but for some reason I keep looking. Now they all look the same.

I hope they ID the person and give his or her family some peace.

Close but not quite the same. Thanks for looking.

Modern Nike shoes have a tag inside printed with the date of manufacture. Also, 29W 32L is a very slim size for jeans, the second-smallest men's size Levi makes according to their website.

My son, when he was 18, wore that size jeans. Could be a young guy. Size 8 shoe, a small guy maybe. Hope not too young. But I would guess 15-20 year old guy.

10 cases listed on namus with the following parameters: Male, State: Washington Age 14-25, last seen between 01/01/2015-06/20/2017.

Brison J. Miller - 18
Michael A. Sutherland - 20
Cody H. Turner - 24
Jose P. Sanchez Diaz - 20
Tyler Christiansen - 16
Logan Schiendelman - 19
Joseph E. Miranda Jr. - 24
Antonio J. Neill - 22
Matthew J. Rozario - 22
Jacob R. Gray - 22

10 cases listed on namus with the following parameters: Male, State: Washington Age 14-25, last seen between 01/01/2015-06/20/2017.

Brison J. Miller - 18 Brison was last seen wearing Grey and Black Canvas Nike's, but I think there is a pic of him with the shoes an they are different style
Michael A. Sutherland - 20 Michael Wore Brooks Brand Running shoes (Someone who wore Broooks would never switch to Nike, JMO as a runner)
Cody H. Turner - 24 Cody was Possibly wearing Grey Nike or Addias shoes
Jose P. Sanchez Diaz - 20 Jose's Footwear is unknown
Tyler Christiansen - 16 Tyler has no footwear listed. Was last seen wearing shorts
Logan Schiendelman - 19 Logan was possibly wearing Nikes and jeans. His car was also found on I-5.
Joseph E. Miranda Jr. - 24 Joseph was last seen wearing superman flipflops and green swim shorts
Antonio J. Neill - 22 Antonio wore Timberland boots
Matthew J. Rozario - 22 Matthew was last seen wearing tan pants and black work boots
Jacob R. Gray - 22 Jacob wore Grey Nike shoes but he was also last seen wearing Rust Carhart pants; Some of his camping gear was found along Sol Duc River in Olympic National Park near Port Angeles, WA.
My comments in red and Grey-- Grey can most likely be ruled out. I think we should look at Oregon cases too.

Will look at Oregon as well. And google any cases of people lost on the river in the past two years. Sometimes those don't make it into namus for some reason.

Doesn't that river go up into Canada? We might want to look there as well if it does/

Brison J. Miller - 18
Michael A. Sutherland - 20
Cody H. Turner - 24
Jose P. Sanchez Diaz - 20
Tyler Christiansen - 16
Logan Schiendelman - 19
Joseph E. Miranda Jr. - 24
Antonio J. Neill - 22
Matthew J. Rozario - 22
Jacob R. Gray - 22

He or she could also have been from Oregon. The Columbia meets the Willamette in Portland, but it's the border between the two states for about 150 miles.

This is my first time trying to search but I must be doing something wrong. This was my result:

Oregon, Adult - Pre 30, After 01/01/2015, Unsure, Male
0 Record(s) Found

That can't be right, can it? Surely more young men have gone missing in the state since then. I think we have threads for a few.

Doesn't that river go up into Canada? We might want to look there as well if it does/

It goes through the entire state of Washington first. I think it would be about 200 - 250 miles. Would a body travel that far?

Also there are the Cascade Locks in Hood River, OR, and having been there I don't know how a person would get through.

There are a lot of bridges in Portland. I wonder if this person jumped from one.

Last on the shoe, it is a fairly cheap shoe. We sold it at JCPenney's. 8 is the smallest size most retail stores carry men shoes in (Even though men's shoes start at 6 1/2 & boys cross over going up to size 7) That aside, if it is a woman, she would wear a size 9 1/2 (equal to mens size 8 minus the width) or size 10. Retail then between 49.99 to 69.99 back to school shoe.

From Missing and Exploited kids in the state of Washington between 01/01/2014 - 6/20/2017

Tamotu Tagoa'I
Missing Since:
May 17, 2017
Missing From:
Federal Way, WA
Age Now:

Tyler Christensen
Missing Since:
Apr 19, 2016
Missing From:
Edmonds, WA
Age Now:

Joseph Christina
Missing Since:
Apr 9, 2017
Missing From:
Vancouver, WA
Age Now:

Daunte Frazier
Missing Since:
Jan 16, 2017
Missing From:
Spokane, WA
Age Now:

Michael Howard-Shaw
Missing Since:
Mar 27, 2017
Missing From:
Olalla, WA
Age Now:

Jayden Noland
Missing Since:
May 30, 2017

Missing From:
Spokane, WA
Age Now:

Brandon Parraz
Missing Since:
Mar 4, 2017
Missing From:
Hoquiam, WA
Age Now:

Michael Ross
Missing Since:
May 18, 2017
Missing From:
Tacoma, WA
Age Now:

Ti'Shawn Simmons
Missing Since:
Mar 10, 2017
Missing From:
Bellingham, WA

Age Now:

Jonathan Stephenson
Missing Since:
Jul 3, 2016
Missing From:
Spokane, WA
Age Now:

He or she could also have been from Oregon. The Columbia meets the Willamette in Portland, but it's the border between the two states for about 150 miles.

This is my first time trying to search but I must be doing something wrong. This was my result:

Oregon, Adult - Pre 30, After 01/01/2015, Unsure, Male
0 Record(s) Found

That can't be right, can it? Surely more young men have gone missing in the state since then. I think we have threads for a few.

Take out the Unsure and the Adult-pre 30. Also, if you're looking at the UID cases, this one won't be in there yet, because they just found this person.

Take out the Unsure and the Adult-pre 30. Also, if you're looking at the UID cases, this one won't be in there yet, because they just found this person.

That's what I was doing. Thanks. I was also searching NamUs.

If I did it right this time:

From Missing and Exploited kids in the state of Oregon between 01/01/2015 - 6/20/2017

Anthony Clifford
Missing Since Apr 14, 2017
Missing From Salem, OR
Age Now 15

Davonte Donahue
Missing Since Mar 22, 2017
Missing From Portland, OR
Age Now 17

Michael Jensen
Missing Since Oct 13, 2016
Missing From Bend, OR
Age Now 18

Shyon Kaleiohi Silva
Missing Since Oct 16, 2016
Missing From Woodburn, OR
Age Now 16

Jeremiah Sommerlot
Missing Since Jun 2, 2017
Missing From Medford, OR
Age Now 16

Rolland Townsend
Missing Since Apr 21, 2017
Missing From Gresham, OR
Age Now 16

Gresham and Portland are the closest locations and both are on the river.

Medford and Bend are farthest.

Attachments

• 10106897.jpg
    10106897.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 111
Does anyone know if this person was identified? I couldn't find an update through online searching, but maybe I just didn't use the right search terms. I also can't find this person in NamUs...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back