TX TX - Duane Murphy, 39, Laredo, 2 June 2017

doodles1211

Reaction score
Over seven family members are currenty in Laredo searching for Duane Murphy from Georgia, who was in Laredo because of work.
Murphy is about six feet two inches and weighs about 210 pounds. According to Murphy's family, he has been missing since last Thursday and was last seen by his coworkers at the hotel they were staying in.

Missing+man70.jpg

http://www.kgns.tv/content/news/Missing-man-427538063.html

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/38571/6?current_page=case_information

Oh no, this is so sad.

From the article:

The coworkers say his fiancé received the news from the company that he had not shown up to work.
Police say there was a report of an individual who was nude and screaming the downtown area on Thursday.

Police confirm that it was Murphy and they took him to a local hospital where he was monitored throughout the night and received a psychological evaluation the next day.

Since he was not a danger to himself or others, Murphy was released.
Later, a report was made with police the next day on Saturday where an official search for Murphy was sent out to all LPD patrol divisions.

http://www.kgns.tv/content/news/Missing-man-427538063.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All of a sudden, with no prior history, naked and screaming in town? I don't know much about psychotic breaks. What would cause that behavior?

Wonder if psychotic breaks go with bipolar or schizophrenia?
I pretty much just guess my way through everything on WS.... :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Obviously he shouldn't have been released. His poor family.

It has been my experience with both mentally ill and those on drugs (especially PCP) the first thing that happens is they get naked and cause a scene. I don't know why it is that way with the mentally ill having a break, but with PCP users I guess they get really hot. These are just from my experiences over a 20 yr period of working with them. It is a really sad situation either way. I sure do hope that he is found safe and sound!

According to Duane's NamUs profile (under "Clothing and Accessories"):
"None he had stripped naked and jumped into the river"
https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/38571/6?current_page=case_information

The KGNS article doesn't say anything about Duane jumping into the river before being taken to the hospital on June 1st.

While the article is dated June 9, the date entered for his NamUs profile is June 12.

So did LE find out sometime after the KGNS article was published that after his discharge from the hospital, Duane was seen again (either by a witness or on a camera) taking his clothes off and then this time jumping into the river? Or did this happen before he was taken to the hospital, but the information was omitted from the article?

I really don't know what the solution would be, but I know I am really tired of seeing cases where someone is taken to a hospital due to an obvious psychiatric crisis -drug-induced or otherwise-, and discharged too soon, only to go missing for a long time or found deceased.

I know only hindsight is 20/20, but if it was his/er own brother that Duane's attending psychiatrist was evaluating, would s/he have discharged him? Someone who was found screaming in the nude in downtown only the night before?

Doubtful.

It has been my experience with both mentally ill and those on drugs (especially PCP) the first thing that happens is they get naked and cause a scene. I don't know why it is that way with the mentally ill having a break, but with PCP users I guess they get really hot. These are just from my experiences over a 20 yr period of working with them. It is a really sad situation either way. I sure do hope that he is found safe and sound!
Ha! I can confirm. 16 years in the field. I once ran through the parking lot after a naked man. I had high heels on and a cup of soup I was going to warm up in my hand. My staff laughed for months at that scene.

When things are at a hospitalization level, clothes often come off.

The solution is to increase funding for mental health. They hospitals are forced to discharge quickly and have no outpatient facilities to refer to. Once American people realize just how many of our problems are related to lack of mental health services, maybe something will change. But for now, it is the first budget they cut every a single year. It is criminal, if you ask me.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk

I will say though that he is old for an onset of Schizophrenia. So either he has dealt with mental health issues before or this is probably drug related. This would not likely be the first time someone noticed mental health problems.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk

Oh, yes, I remember a local man naked, out on the balcony, making a ruckus. I believe he was on heroin...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Oh my,,this isn't sounding good at all.. Unfortunately, we had a neighbor hooked on heroin, a young man, who passed away from OD, but he went running down street naked one day, and on the flip side, we have a family member who before she was diagnosed with bi-polar, showed up at my aunt's house naked but with a sheer curtain draped over her.
I'm guessing it could be any of these issues but my gut is saying drugs...I read he doesn't do drugs, but could have been slipped some unknown to him, maybe ?

I am from Laredo...any places he frequents? I know some of the transient crowds

Popping in for updates..sad there arent any ..hope he is found soon !!

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

̄
Been going back and checking on older cases, to remind myself...
Can't find anything new at all on Duane, however, these articles dated 30 June, and 01 July, state that he crossed the Mexican border - somethng I hadn't read earlier. LPD says there have been confirmed sightings.
Duane Brian Murphy, 39,was reported missing June 2 to LPD. He was in the Laredo area until he crossed into Mexico. He has a tattoo of a cross in the upper area of his right arm. Murphy also has a short beard and mustache.

LPD said there have been confirmed sightings of Duane Brian Murphy, 39, in the Sister City near the Gateway to the Americas International Bridge, also known as International Bridge I.
https://www.google.co.uk/url?q=http...uD6UQFggeMAM&usg=AOvVaw23WnpurT3hiRLTNi1sFkhy

Police are now confirming sightings of Murphy in Nuevo Laredo near Bridge One.

http://www.kgns.tv/content/news/Missing-man-remains-unfound-431817983.html

Neither article says when the sightings were.

I hope hospitals and jails there have been checked regularly.

Over six months now...
There has been nothing new at all, from news, nor from his fiancée -- so I am wondering if the subsequent sightings of him, did he seem distressed or maybe he seemed fine? Maybe decided to stay voluntarily missing in Mexico?
On the page, it said besides his toddler, he has/had a daughter on the way. Wonder if she's been born by now.
Just really surprised there are no updates at all.

:dunno:

His fb
Duane Murphy

Looking on the info on the you can find his girlfriend and yes the baby was born last year. He is still missing, she commented somewhere about 3 weeks ago. She is now coping with two small kids and i dont want to imagine what is going on in her head what happened.

Most of the previous links now go to nothing.
His Charley Project is still active though.

Updated NAMUS link:
www.namus.gov/MissingPersons/Case#/38571

A Father Disappears on a Work Trip to Laredo, Texas: Where is Duane Murphy?​

But here we are, five years later, Duane Brian Murphy is still missing.

Is Duane alive and well living in Mexico? Did he return back to the United States? Did something happen to him in Mexico?

There have been no confirmed documented sightings of Duane since 2017.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back