Found Safe OH - Perry Beller, 11, Clark County, 22 June 2017

Tillicum

Reaction score
11-year-old boy is missing, Clark County officials say

Clark County law enforcement officials will hold a news conference this afternoon to notify the community about 11-year-old Perry Beller, who is said to be missing.

Officials told this news outlet Beller has been missing since this morning. Additional details were not available.

Video at link.

I just got an emergency alert on my home phone for Perry. He is from New Carlisle (didn't know when I started thread) last seen this morning, black shorts, no shoes or shirt. Can't remember height or weight and I have to leave in a minute :(

11-year-old boy is missing, Clark County officials say

Clark County law enforcement officials will hold a news conference this afternoon to notify the community about 11-year-old Perry Beller, who is said to be missing.

Officials told this news outlet Beller has been missing since this morning. Additional details were not available.

Video at link.

UPDATE @ 4:36 p.m.: The public is being asked to check their properties -- trees, sheds, barns and the like -- for Perry Beller, described as a very strong boy who is “very outdoorsy” and likes to travel shoeless.
The boy is the son of a Clark County sheriff’s deputy.

He has some disabilities and officials believe those disabilities are driving him to run. One official calls it a “defiance disability.”

Officials said the boy has built a club house. He likes to be outside. He doesn’t mind being out in the fields or wooded areas.

Please pray. I cancelled plans and am going to search our woods and trails. We're close.

No additional information at this link. I just wanted to post Perry's picture.
Missing Clark County child last seen Thursday morning

beller.jpg

http://nbc4i.com/2017/06/22/missing-clark-county-child-last-seen-thursday-morning/

Hoping he is found soon, thank you to everyone who is looking

I do not recall seeing such detailed personal information on a missing child. (Self deleting...I am cranky and suspicious of everybody and everything after the last 2 1/2 week.)

What a sweet little mischievous face. I'm glad he has those skills but this boys needs to be home. Praying he's found soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They’re asking everything in the northwestern corner of Clark County to check their trees, sheds and other outbuildings on their property.

Beller loves being outside and knows the area very well, and would not mind climbing trees or running through fields. He said that he may be between 12 or 15 miles away from Pike Townhip, which is where he lives.

They do believe there was a sighting around 10 a.m. in Christiansburg, but crews are still out in full force to check all over for them.

He does have a defiance disability that may be driving the boy to run, but that is combined with the fact that he like to be outside. He has left home before, but normally has been located pretty quickly.

They are not officially calling him lost yet, and they have ruled out abduction in this case.

http://fox45now.com/news/local/clar...ve-press-conference-about-missing-11-year-old

I do not recall seeing such detailed personal information on a missing child. (Self deleting...I am cranky and suspicious of everybody and everything after the last 2 1/2 week.)

We're all on edge, it's been a busy time here. Self deleting is probably a good idea, each case is different although sometimes they seem to run together. Two Amber Alerts yesterday, both in Florida, had excellent results! :)

"Defiance disorder" ... hmmm. I wonder if it's RAD? Sure hope he's okay, he may be strong and resourceful, but he is still only 11. :prayer:

Beller is the son of a deputy.

The boy has a disability that might have provoked him to run away called oppositional defiant disorder. ODD is a mental impairment that affects children, generally in their adolescence, according to the American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry.

Though it’s common for children to act out while growing up, children with ODD displays a pattern of uncooperative and hostile behavior toward authority figures that seriously interferes with the youngster’s day to day functioning, according to the organization.

http://www.mydaytondailynews.com/ne...year-old-pike-twp-boy/6n5P68cPqQetAEj3GCsWSM/

There seems to be little public interest in this case. Or much interest.

Ugh I couldn't get reception on my cell phone :( Just walked in and got another alert call. They have elevated the alert to missing - endangered. We saw no sign of Perry here or in the fields surrounding us. There are tons of ripe raspberries out there if he's hungry, my concern is the weather. We're supposed to get as much as 2 inches of rain with a 90% chance of storms during the next 24 hours. Wonder if he can swim?

From the article, he doesn't have his shoes. Oh no. Also, they say he could have gotten up to 15 miles away as of that printing.
How is the terrain and are there any ponds, or bodies of water he might fall into?
How warm was the weather today? The approaching weather does not sound good. How terrifying if he is out doors during a severe rain/storm.
jmo

http://fox45now.com/news/local/clar...ve-press-conference-about-missing-11-year-old

From the article, he doesn't have his shoes. Oh no. Also, they say he could have gotten up to 15 miles away as of that printing.
How is the terrain and are there any ponds, or bodies of water he might fall into?
How warm was the weather today? The approaching weather does not sound good. How terrifying if he is out doors during a severe rain/storm.
jmo

Ponds, creeks, woods, pasture, flat land and hills. Hubs and I are going back out to look again. There's places it's almost impossible to get to our creek but we're gonna try to get through the briars. At one point I heard what sounded like a kid goat bleeting near the creek and there are no goats around here. We looked up and down the creek but didn't get in it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JerseyLizard
Back