Found Deceased FL - Charles Morris, 63, Dunedin, 20 June 2017

Sleuthster

Verified - friend of Wendy Huggy
Reaction score
Website
cynthiaparrott.blogspot.com
Deputies are seeking the public's help in locating a missing endangered man from Dunedin.
According to deputies, 63-year-old Charles Morris was last seen leaving his residence in the 1800 block of Bayshore Boulevard in Dunedin about 9:30 p.m. Tuesday with his dog. The dog later returned to the residence without Morris a couple of hours later.
Morris suffers from a memory-loss-related illness and other medical conditions. He left without his wallet and cell phone. Morris does not have good balance and falls frequently.
He is 5-foot-10 and about 250 pounds. He was last wearing khaki shorts, a gray T-shirt, and athletic shoes.
Anyone with information is asked to call local law enforcement, or contact Robbery/Homicide Detective G.
Moffett at (727) 582-5662 or at gmoffett@pcsonet.com.

http://www.wtsp.com/news/local/deputies-seek-missing-dunedin-man/451412044

I'm local and I heard they searched the water near his route yesterday and then moved to Hammock Park. As the days go on it makes it less likely he's confused in a hospital somewhere. I walk the trail and Hammock Park a lot and while the latter is bigger than it first appears, I'd think it could be thoroughly searched in a day, marshy area and all.

I'm local and I heard they searched the water near his route yesterday and then moved to Hammock Park. As the days go on it makes it less likely he's confused in a hospital somewhere. I walk the trail and Hammock Park a lot and while the latter is bigger than it first appears, I'd think it could be thoroughly searched in a day, marshy area and all.

I grew up across the street from Hammock Park. Was part of the "save the park" group last year. You are tight, it is bigger then it looks and there are additional parcels to the east of the park, ie OLL land, that is not even counted in the acreage. I know that area very well. What would help is to get an exact pinpoint of where his route was to walk his dog. Also when I google 1800 block of Bayshore it's down by Mira Vista/Pasadena area. They're saying Michigan and Bayshore. There's a difference and they should check the golf course and ponds there also if he was closer to there and Hammock land by the community center. Praying they do find him ok.
<modsnip>

Official notice with photo &#8211; PINELLAS COUNTY SHERIFF&#8217;S OFFICE
http://www.pcsoweb.com/17--138-depu...in-locating-missing-endangered-man-in-dunedin

17- 138 Deputies Seek Public&#8217;s Help In Locating Missing Endangered Man In Dunedin
Missing Endangered Man

Who:

Pinellas County Sheriff&#8217;s Office
Patrol Operations Bureau
Investigative Operations Bureau
-Robbery/Homicide Unit
Charles Morris (Missing Endangered Adult)
DOB: 01/18/1954
Address: 1822 Bayshore Boulevard, Dunedin

What:

Deputies are seeking the public&#8217;s help in locating a missing elderly man.

When:
The man has been missing since approximately 9:00 p.m. on Tuesday, June 20, 2017.

Where:

The man was last seen leaving his residence 1822 Bayshore Boulevard, Dunedin.

Why/How:
Deputies are seeking the public&#8217;s help in locating a missing endangered man from Dunedin.
According to deputies, 63-year-old Charles Morris was last seen leaving his residence with his dog at approximately 9:00 p.m. on Tuesday, June 20, 2017. The dog later returned to the residence without Morris at approximately 12:00 a.m. the same night.
Morris suffers from a memory loss related illness and other medical conditions. Morris left without his wallet and cell phone. Morris does not have good balance and falls frequently
Morris has been entered as missing endangered into the FCIC/NCIC database.

Morris is described as a white male, 5&#8217;10&#8221; tall, approximately 250 lbs. He was last wearing khaki shorts, a gray t-shirt, and athletic shoes.
If there is any contact with Morris, please contact any local law enforcement. Also, if anyone has information please call Robbery/Homicide Detective G. Moffett at (727) 582-5662 or at gmoffett@pcsonet.com.

charles-morris.png

[h=1]Body found floating in Dunedin canal[/h]
The Pinellas County Sheriff&#8217;s Office says the decomposed remains of a man were found in a canal behind the Cedar Creek Mobile Home Park on Michigan Boulevard around 3:48 p.m.

Detectives have launched a death investigation, but say the death does not appear to be suspicious.

The sheriff&#8217;s office says the man has not been identified, but tell us the death may be related to a missing and endangered person investigation.
http://wfla.com/2017/06/26/body-found-floating-in-dunedin-canal/

Distance between where Charles went missing and the body found is only a half a mile: https://www.google.com/maps/dir/180...03ae0b944a5a!2m2!1d-82.783205!2d28.036824!3e0

:(

Is the canal deep so if he fell in he would be unable to get himself out? So sad. :(

Is the canal deep so if he fell in he would be unable to get himself out? So sad. :(

I don't know if it's really what you call a canal, more like a creek. A lot of them in Dunedin, lots of water moccasins in the creeks. If you look at this map you can see where it is. There used to be a train track where the Pinellas trail is now and a tress over the creek. As kids we used to run like morons across the tress as trains approached with the fhrill and fear of having to jump in the creek if we didn't make it all the way across. https://www.google.com/maps/place/C...c3dd03ae0b944a5a!8m2!3d28.036824!4d-82.783205

The news said he had balance issues, its possible if it is the missing man that he lost his balance on that part of the Pinellas Trail and fell in to the creek. I feel so sad for him and his family

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vigilandy
Back